iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 4, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #6,076 of 6,983
2.37 or 2.39 i dont remeber exactly but one of these versions. But possibly you already found. Only sad that newer tidal versions unsupported fully . I mean it works as an app but only with master tracks i receive sound with lower quality hirez no.
Thank you very much MariusAB.
I installed the Lurker update and thus I was able to install UAPP. I was connecting Tidal from there. I also tried an old version of Tidal, 2.27. Now I'm going to try to install the ones you're telling me.
Thanks again.

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #6,078 of 6,983
Bought the dx160 last Dec 0f 2019. Just last may, i have left it running as transport via UAPP to my DAC. When i arrived, it was dead. Now i cant use it as it does not open anymore. Cant send it to ibasso as china does not accept devices with battery. I ordered a battery thinking it is the culptrit but still does not work. Now i dont know what to do. I think this unit is already bricked as i tried replacing the bat, pressing power botton for 90 min, pressing the power and forward botton for 90 min. Now i dont have any DAP as i now cant afford buying one. Can anyone help😭

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #6,079 of 6,983
Bought the dx160 last Dec 0f 2019. Just last may, i have left it running as transport via UAPP to my DAC. When i arrived, it was dead. Now i cant use it as it does not open anymore. Cant send it to ibasso as china does not accept devices with battery. I ordered a battery thinking it is the culptrit but still does not work. Now i dont know what to do. I think this unit is already bricked as i tried replacing the bat, pressing power botton for 90 min, pressing the power and forward botton for 90 min. Now i dont have any DAP as i now cant afford buying one. Can anyone help😭
If you replaced the battery then you know how to take it out. Take it out and send the DX160 to iBasso for repair.

Oct 5, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #6,081 of 6,983

Devices that have gone into deep sleep wake up when you connect it to the laptop's USB port. Did you try that? Unless you've taken it apart completely, give it a shot!

Oct 5, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #6,082 of 6,983
Thanks for the reply.

I believe Momentum 3 does use a pairing code the first time, which most likely is the issue. I was able to pair my Sony WF-1000 XM3 without any issues. I guess this issue never did get addressed based on what you are saying.

Are you using the 2019 version or the 2020 version? Is there any improvement on the 2020 model in this regard?
I am using the 2019 version, but AFAIK, they are exactly the same in this regard. Software-wise they are exactly the same. The only difference between the versions is the screen is a bit lesser, but has an upgraded DAC (in compensation), and they flipped the pin-out of the 3.5mm jack so that you could actually use headphones/IEMs that have a mic without having to buy an adapter.

Oct 5, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #6,083 of 6,983
I am using the 2019 version, but AFAIK, they are exactly the same in this regard. Software-wise they are exactly the same. The only difference between the versions is the screen is a bit lesser, but has an upgraded DAC (in compensation), and they flipped the pin-out of the 3.5mm jack so that you could actually use headphones/IEMs that have a mic without having to buy an adapter.

Thank you.

That makes sense. I bought a like new ibasso from an authorized dealer from ebay and was shipped the 2019 model by mistake. I am trying to determine whether to keep this for a 10% discount or to send it back for the 2020 version. Have you tried both versions? Do they differ in sound significantly? Was the upgraded DAC an improvement?

PS: I did not notice any issues with the 1more Quad driver earphones I have (although they sound like crap) on the 3.5 mm jack. I do see the wifi issue in 2.4GHz. 5 GHz is ok.

Oct 15, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #6,085 of 6,983
iBasso seems to be having problems with parts procurement. On the homepage (https://ibasso.com/products) all DAP are "out of stock" or they are no longer manufactured.
There is a worldwide shortage of chips. Even some cars are in short supply due to this. With daps, that would mainly be the dac chips. Sabre is producing and that is why a number of manufactures have gone to the Sabre chips.

Oct 16, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #6,086 of 6,983
There is a worldwide shortage of chips. Even some cars are in short supply due to this. With daps, that would mainly be the dac chips. Sabre is producing and that is why a number of manufactures have gone to the Sabre chips.
Thats music to my ears, I'm kinda sick of AKM daps

Oct 18, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #6,087 of 6,983
Thank you.

That makes sense. I bought a like new ibasso from an authorized dealer from ebay and was shipped the 2019 model by mistake. I am trying to determine whether to keep this for a 10% discount or to send it back for the 2020 version. Have you tried both versions? Do they differ in sound significantly? Was the upgraded DAC an improvement?

PS: I did not notice any issues with the 1more Quad driver earphones I have (although they sound like crap) on the 3.5 mm jack. I do see the wifi issue in 2.4GHz. 5 GHz is ok.
No dac was upgraded but buffer. 20 year version has really small differences , there was some comparison but as i remember 19 has a little warmer low end part and souds a little bit wider with bigger sounstage but differences only possible to spot when you compare side by side. Also with screens, original 2019 has amazing quality sharp screen and 20 is worse with lower contrast and coulour depth. So 20 small upgrade in sound or not upgrade only different flavour and lower quality screen.

Oct 18, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #6,088 of 6,983
No dac was upgraded but buffer. 20 year version has really small differences , there was some comparison but as i remember 19 has a little warmer low end part and souds a little bit wider with bigger sounstage but differences only possible to spot when you compare side by side. Also with screens, original 2019 has amazing quality sharp screen and 20 is worse with lower contrast and coulour depth. So 20 small upgrade in sound or not upgrade only different flavour and lower quality screen.

Thank you. I loaded up and used the 2019 version I received with Focal Elex and Etymotic Er2se. So far, I like it. I think I will keep it for the discount.

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #6,089 of 6,983
2019 version has better quality screen. When they changed it to worse , they wanted to make some other aspects better so the buffer has changed as mentioned. Besides that I also read better wifi connectivity with the new version and less noise.

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #6,090 of 6,983

Users who are viewing this thread

Back