iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Sep 28, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #6,061 of 6,983
Oh, i dont know more about that specifics.

20210927_234017(1).jpg

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #6,062 of 6,983
At last found someone from same country that have same problem and buying from difference store. So this problem is real, although some of them don't have this problem.
Btw, with wifi off, i cannot hear any noise, only when wifi on. Getting worst when using 5ghz, and when streaming.
Hi,

I recently bought a DX160 and the same issue here. This was solved?

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #6,063 of 6,983
P= U²/R >>>300Ohm on 3,2V=34mW; 32Ohm on 2,8V=245mW. But that only applies to direct current and ohmic resistances. Headphones are inductivities, the resistance depends on the frequency. In addition, there is the question of how high is the achievable sound pressure at a certain output.
Also, if the output can maintain the current output. So the math is one thing, and the actual output is another but it gives you a general ideal.

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #6,064 of 6,983
Hi,

I recently bought a DX160 and the same issue here. This was solved?
It seems to be related to the Wifi. Mine is very new and quiet, no issues. Many variables.

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #6,065 of 6,983
@jamato8
Every headphone manufacturer would have to specify the impedance at a uniformly defined frequency and say exactly how high the sound pressure is at a precisely defined input level at this frequency. Only then would you have the chance to roughly compare various headphones in terms of volume.

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #6,066 of 6,983
zmarketchangers.com/news-hiby-r5-gets-compared-to-the-competitors

there i found a output (vrms and mW @ 16, 32 and 300 ohm) comparison table of HiBy R5, FiiO M11, iBasso DX160, Shanling M6, Sony ZX300A.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #6,068 of 6,983
Any idea? I bouht this one used from another person.
Any idea about what? One thing to try is a different Channel for the wifi. Also for speed, 5GHz works best, 2.4 better distance.

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #6,070 of 6,983
Hello, everyone.
I updated the Tidal app to the latest version, 2.47, and it doesn't work, it doesn't sound. Now I don't remember what was the previous version I had.
Anyone know what is the most current version can work on this DAP, iBasso DX160?
Thank you so much for your help.

Oct 1, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #6,071 of 6,983
Not sure how helpful I could be with your investigation, but I use Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless. It only uses AptX not AptX HD though. I have no issues with these other than range which is not horrible, but not good either. Otherwise, they are very stable.
How were you able to pair your Momentum 2.0 with the ibasso? I have a 2019 version and I am facing a similar issue to the one mentioned below with my Momentum 3.0.
hello, I've had the dx160 for just under a week & its a definite improvement over the dx120, sound-wise, using the 3.5mm & 4.4mm ports. not so crazy about the build, & "extra" features, but I'm not really complaining.
there is something I would like some help with, if it is possible: I can't seem to connect with my sennheiser cx 400bt "iem"s. I'll get a short message about a code not being accepted- i assume this is the same type of code sent to my phone when the 160 & it were first connecting. well, there is no screen to access & get a code from with the sennies- any advice?

thanx in advance for any response!

Oct 3, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #6,073 of 6,983
Hello, everyone.
I updated the Tidal app to the latest version, 2.47, and it doesn't work, it doesn't sound. Now I don't remember what was the previous version I had.
Anyone know what is the most current version can work on this DAP, iBasso DX160?
Thank you so much for your help.
2.37 or 2.39 i dont remeber exactly but one of these versions. But possibly you already found. Only sad that newer tidal versions unsupported fully . I mean it works as an app but only with master tracks i receive sound with lower quality hirez no.

Oct 3, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #6,074 of 6,983
How were you able to pair your Momentum 2.0 with the ibasso? I have a 2019 version and I am facing a similar issue to the one mentioned below with my Momentum 3.0.
I have noticed over my time with the DX160 (also since 2019) that anything that has a pairing code will not work with the DX160. I am also not able to pair from my TV to DX (reverse pair) because it puts out a code, and the DX never shows one. If it doesn't require a code it should pair ok (my Momentum). I am not sure if the Momentum 3 uses a code to pair or not, so I guess that is the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

This was mentioned much earlier in this thread, and @Paul - iBasso either missed it, or doesn't have an answer for it. Though, I would also like to know, because that was really the only device that I have that I can test the reverse pairing mode with. I suspect it was something that got trimmed along with some settings that make the OS a bit "bloaty" if only using the device for a music player.

Oct 3, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #6,075 of 6,983
I have noticed over my time with the DX160 (also since 2019) that anything that has a pairing code will not work with the DX160. I am also not able to pair from my TV to DX (reverse pair) because it puts out a code, and the DX never shows one. If it doesn't require a code it should pair ok (my Momentum). I am not sure if the Momentum 3 uses a code to pair or not, so I guess that is the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

This was mentioned much earlier in this thread, and @Paul - iBasso either missed it, or doesn't have an answer for it. Though, I would also like to know, because that was really the only device that I have that I can test the reverse pairing mode with. I suspect it was something that got trimmed along with some settings that make the OS a bit "bloaty" if only using the device for a music player.
Thanks for the reply.

I believe Momentum 3 does use a pairing code the first time, which most likely is the issue. I was able to pair my Sony WF-1000 XM3 without any issues. I guess this issue never did get addressed based on what you are saying.

Are you using the 2019 version or the 2020 version? Is there any improvement on the 2020 model in this regard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back