iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 25, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #4,606 of 6,983
What do you think is the advantage of using BT from a DAP when compared to a smartphone. I would personally use BT of a smartphone rather than the DAP.
oh c'mon....not again the phone discussion.....

@seanwee thanks for testing
For me its more of "I can just use this dap for all my audio needs" rather than having to switch to my phone to use my BT iems. That was my biggest gripe with my Cayin n5ii, it only supported sbc and AAC and it had interference issues.

Now that i have the DX160 I dont need to store any of my songs on my phone anymore.

Aug 25, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #4,607 of 6,983
Just had a crazy idea. Can you connect your phone to the DX160 as a BT Dac, then connect the DX160 to a BT iem for extra BT whackiness?

I'll be testing it out after dinner. Stay tuned

Aug 25, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #4,608 of 6,983
with the new firmware audio control buttons does not work anymore when the screen is off
They never worked, because the device goes into sleep mode. It's hardware limitation, and can't be changed by firmware. The option is for volume control only, to block it during playback.

If you ever used my add-on, you might be confused because it keeps the device from sleeping for some minutes after music stops playing, even if the screen is turned off.

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #4,609 of 6,983
They never worked, because the device goes into sleep mode. It's hardware limitation, and can't be changed by firmware. The option is for volume control only, to block it during playback.

If you ever used my add-on, you might be confused because it keeps the device from sleeping for some minutes after music stops playing, even if the screen is turned off.
No it worked. I used it before the update.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #4,610 of 6,983
I remember that smb had problem here during the boot up screen. Well, it happened to me today also. The navigation keys and notification bar shows up but the screen is black. It didn't respond for some time and then additional load screen came and it was working fine. I hope it won't get worse.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #4,611 of 6,983

It works on mine. It's all about the kernel and there shouldn't be such hardware limitation. I can use all the buttons when the screen is off or when I lock my device. On mango player, sometimes the first press doesn't do anything so I press again and I can use all functionalities.

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #4,613 of 6,983
Thanks for the advice. It’s going back. It is ridiculous that WiFi is so bad.
It is difficult with the way USB interacts differently. I have worked with different cable and some will work and some not. I think that there needs to be a real continuity in manufacturing but it hasn't happened. And wifi, I have found variables there with transmitters. Some work so much better than others. There isn't the continuity there either.

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #4,614 of 6,983
Just had a crazy idea. Can you connect your phone to the DX160 as a BT Dac, then connect the DX160 to a BT iem for extra BT whackiness?

I'll be testing it out after dinner. Stay tuned
Well...

20200825_184050.jpg

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #4,615 of 6,983
It's all about the kernel and there shouldn't be such hardware limitation.
Only Power and Volume keys are connected to GPIO and can produce an interrupt to wake up CPU. Other keys are implemented via ADC which shall be polled to read their states, meaning, CPU must be active to sense them. So, once CPU goes to sleep, no a playback control key can wake it up.

Well, if you speak about screen turned off but music is playing (CPU does not sleep), of course, it's a different story, but it was only said about screen off.
Code:
    rockchip-key {
        compatible = "rockchip,key";
        status = "okay";
        io-channels = <0xa1 0x1>;

play-key {
            linux,code = <0xa4>;
            label = "key play";
            rockchip,adc_value = <0x1>;
        };

prev-key {
            linux,code = <0xa3>;
            label = "key next";
            rockchip,adc_value = <0x146>;
        };

next-key {
            linux,code = <0xa5>;
            label = "key prev";
            rockchip,adc_value = <0x1ff>;
        };

power-key {
            gpios = <0x2f 0x2 0x1>;
            linux,code = <0x74>;
            label = "power";
            gpio-key,wakeup;
        };

up-key {
            gpios = <0x2f 0x12 0x1>;
            linux,code = <0x73>;
            label = "up";
        };

down-key {
            gpios = <0x2f 0x13 0x1>;
            linux,code = <0x72>;
            label = "down";
        };
    };

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #4,616 of 6,983
Only Power and Volume keys are connected to GPIO and can produce an interrupt to wake up CPU. Other keys are implemented via ADC which shall be polled to read their states, meaning, CPU must be active to sense them. So, once CPU goes to sleep, no a playback control key can wake it up.

Well, if you speak about screen turned off but music is playing (CPU does not sleep), of course, it's a different story, but it was only said about screen off.
Code:
    rockchip-key {
        compatible = "rockchip,key";
        status = "okay";
        io-channels = <0xa1 0x1>;

play-key {
            linux,code = <0xa4>;
            label = "key play";
            rockchip,adc_value = <0x1>;
        };

prev-key {
            linux,code = <0xa3>;
            label = "key next";
            rockchip,adc_value = <0x146>;
        };

next-key {
            linux,code = <0xa5>;
            label = "key prev";
            rockchip,adc_value = <0x1ff>;
        };

power-key {
            gpios = <0x2f 0x2 0x1>;
            linux,code = <0x74>;
            label = "power";
            gpio-key,wakeup;
        };

up-key {
            gpios = <0x2f 0x12 0x1>;
            linux,code = <0x73>;
            label = "up";
        };

down-key {
            gpios = <0x2f 0x13 0x1>;
            linux,code = <0x72>;
            label = "down";
        };
    };
Yes I'm talking about screen off and music turning. I can't see the interest of using the buttons without music on. Maybe you can tell me...

Aug 25, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #4,617 of 6,983
Finally have found the time to upgrade my 2019 DX160 Opamps to the 2020 version.

And it's a upgrade worth while. More Dynamic range. And the bass is stronger and more round.
I really like it... 👍

@Lurker0

Is there no way to upgrade to Magisk V20+?

I can't use my GMS module anymore.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #4,618 of 6,983
I can't see the interest of using the buttons without music on. Maybe you can tell me...
To resume music playback after a pause, without a need to take the player off the pocket and turn screen on. It's an often complain.

Aug 26, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #4,619 of 6,983
Aug 26, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #4,620 of 6,983
To resume music playback after a pause, without a need to take the player off the pocket and turn screen on. It's an often complain.
Ok I see and yes it could be helpful but understood it won't be possible...😔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back