iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 26, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #4,621 of 6,983
Yes I'm talking about screen off and music turning. I can't see the interest of using the buttons without music on. Maybe you can tell me...
For what it's worth, I see a use-case that I run into regularly.
- Playing music and being interrupted by a (work related) phone call .
- I pause the song by the pause/play button in the side.
- After a few minutes (before the DX160 goes to sleep) my call ends and I want to continue playing the song by the same pause/play button.

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #4,622 of 6,983
For what it's worth, I see a use-case that I run into regularly.
- Playing music and being interrupted by a (work related) phone call .
- I pause the song by the pause/play button in the side.
- After a few minutes (before the DX160 goes to sleep) my call ends and I want to continue playing the song by the same pause/play button.
Yes and it works for me... But not if pause is too long... It also works with a Bluetooth remote

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #4,623 of 6,983
Finally have found the time to upgrade my 2019 DX160 Opamps to the 2020 version.

And it's a upgrade worth while. More Dynamic range. And the bass is stronger and more round.
I really like it... 👍

@Lurker0

Is there no way to upgrade to Magisk V20+?

I can't use my GMS module anymore.
How do you upgraded to 2020? Have you sent it to ibasso directly to upgrade that part? Or you made it yourself

Aug 26, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #4,624 of 6,983
Are there any problems with BT 5 connect / performance / gaps / glitches with the latest 2020 model?
I'm searching for a new one - FiiO m11 makes problems while using BT headphones....it seems the hardware of m11 is limited...i have many micro gaps / glitches / issues while music playing with sony anc headphones wh-1000
For aptx hd it's 2 m or less without laging. Further it's unplayable.

Aug 28, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #4,627 of 6,983
Hi Guys,

Anyone experience DX160 won't able to turn on? I left it charge for 1 hr already. I worry something wrong.

Thank you.
Remove and reconnect power cord, the screen should energise to show charge activated, screen will then switch off.

if scree not activated check your powercord

Sometimes a long press is required to activate Ibasso (case can interfere with positive press on switch)

Aug 28, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #4,628 of 6,983
Hi Guys,

Anyone experience DX160 won't able to turn on? I left it charge for 1 hr already. I worry something wrong.

Thank you.
Try to charge it from a computer.

Aug 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #4,629 of 6,983
Anyone experience DX160 won't able to turn on?
First of all, be sure it is actually turned off and didn't hang during shutdown: disconnect from the power supply, then press Power button and hold for 10 seconds.

Aug 28, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #4,630 of 6,983
Hello.
The ibasso dx160 has stock a very nice smooth pleasant sound. Not harsh at all. Zero harsh. I can hear max loud without damaging my ears. Interesting. Very nice player.
A big minus is, that not a single equalizer works from Playstore. Not even with root and viper4android or James dsp bit perfect works which disappoints me a lot.
Ibasso do something and make equalizer work with your players. Not only the ibasso dx160 has this issue but the dx220 also.

Aug 29, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #4,632 of 6,983
Thanks for the advice. It’s going back. It is ridiculous that WiFi is so bad.
WiFi isn’t bad it’s Android Oreo that switches it off after a screen sleep.
I leave my screen on, no sleep, minimum brightness and no dropouts streaming Tidal Masters or UltraHD

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #4,633 of 6,983
I'm having some problems with my unit when using my headphones through the 3.5 jack as the song sometimes stops playing or flickers. Did anyone else have the same problem?
And does someone knows if it's possible to use an usb c to jack adapter and if it will lose any sound quality playing through it?

Thanks

Aug 29, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #4,634 of 6,983
I'm having some problems with my unit when using my headphones through the 3.5 jack as the song sometimes stops playing or flickers. Did anyone else have the same problem?
And does someone knows if it's possible to use an usb c to jack adapter and if it will lose any sound quality playing through it?

Thanks
I bought a right angle jack adapter to prevent any issues with weaking of the connector by constantly removing headphones. Might be worth a try.

In answer to your question: usb C Dac to jack if you want to go down that route.

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #4,635 of 6,983
118343686_10223203498826439_6991347944286443785_o.jpg

Just proving someone's point that it wasn't that I was incapable. Can't believe I wasted my entire night for this. Don't ask me for release. It's not gonna happen because.

1. RK3368 isn't powerful enough to handle most features in JamesDSP without minor distortion or stuttering
2. The way it works with iBasso's ParticleComponents can easily cause clipping
3. Device is running very hot with JamesDSP running.
4. I prefer not using JamesDSP myself.

I tested this on stock ROM with some of my own optimizations so that JamesDSP can work on some features without distortion. Yeah it requires Magisk and some workarounds and fixes. I tested this in stock ROM environment so my point of this post is you guys should give up on JamesDSP and find more lower power efficient DSP kit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back