iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Mar 21, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #3,136 of 6,983
who do we contact to get a proper RMA, will def pay the $32 but while in there fix the wifi and BT.can't use BT as i did with the R5
Unfortunately from my country shipping to China costs fairly much. Like 50 dollars.

I hope Paul just can send me the Opamps. So i can let my friend solder it in. I am not a star in SMD soldering.

Mar 21, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #3,137 of 6,983
@Lurker0 or anybody who could help me with this

I just got the DX160 today, and I am trying to install your add-on firmware.

I got this error message from AndroidTool after pressing run. How to fix this? I am on the latest firmware by iBasso already.

lurker.png

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #3,138 of 6,983
I got this error message from AndroidTool after pressing run
The bottom line reads "Found one ADB device", but it must be "Loader", not "ADB" - please re-read the instruction (Step 5). Probably you have not installed Rockchip drivers or don't follow the instruction.

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #3,140 of 6,983
My DX160 is gone after 1 day. It won't turn on.

It was dead during my time using it as a bluetooth receiver from my Desktop PC, suddenly no audio playback. (40%+ battery left)

I have already tried holding the power button for 10 seconds with different cables and adapters plus removing the sd card but no luck.

Currently it is not getting warm while charging. So it might actually die...

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #3,141 of 6,983

It was dead during my time using it as a bluetooth receiver from my Desktop PC, suddenly no audio playback. (40%+ battery left)

I have already tried holding the power button for 10 seconds with different cables and adapters plus removing the sd card but no luck.

sir have you tried pressing the power button for abput 10 - 15 seconds? or else u need to open ur devixe and remove the battery and put it back again..

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #3,142 of 6,983

As you maybe already read.... Try another cable to charge and or another power brick.

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #3,144 of 6,983
after unplugging from the charger and consecutive attempts of holding the power button
FYI the "press and hold Power button" method works only when the device is disconnected from a cable.

Mar 22, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #3,146 of 6,983
My vision does not have issues, and you dont understand anything about op-amp. Keep acting like an expert that is fine, but from the user end, I am tired of people like you who keeps complaining. The op-amps is upgraded, and so the charges were $10 plus shipping, and you keep on crying. Exactly people like you who would brought about the regulations from Headfi, and @Nayparm can no longer offer his services to help other people.
exactly People like you, who makes company to be hiding facts, and or ignoring customers. There are plenty out there who does so

I would not be surprised if Ibasso in the future to keep things quiet, and just go about their business. Ibasso should just call it the DX160-SE, and charge $100 more. It is all because of people like you
What an unwarranted rant. Can’t believe no one called this out. Strategy: shout down, shame and impugn the motives of those with whom one disagrees. Perhaps my turn now to be ‘put in my place’ for daring to criticize. Evidently “Supremus” label indicates more than vanity but also license.

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #3,147 of 6,983
Hi everyone. I ordered a DX160 yesterday. Is the DX160 as good as I’ve read about, a vary dark background with no distortion/hissing? Is there any remote control that works (I want to use it’s line-out from the sofa when at home)? Is there still a problem with the WiFi turning itself off after the screen had been inactive for a while? I’ve read quite a bit of this thread and learnt quite a bit about the DX160.

Mar 23, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #3,149 of 6,983
Is the DX160 as good as I’ve read about, a vary dark background with no distortion/hissing?
I used Andromeda on the DX160, was fine.
There is some objective measurements from HifiGo which has a good results also if you care about the paper data.
Is there still a problem with the WiFi turning itself off after the screen had been inactive for a while?
Not for me but I use Lurker firmware

Mar 23, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #3,150 of 6,983
Who has Luker addon and Tidal HiFi subscription?
I run into a problem.... When playing music through lurker hiby and usb audio and you forget to stop usb audio. Opening tidal it plays music. But when you want to stream MQA Master it fails.?

Can someone test?

Looks like Tidal with MQA wants to connect to the USB DAC.

IMG_20200121_110821.jpg

@Lurker0
When uninstall Usb audio by the settings menu from USB audio it can stream Master MQA audio by Tidal.
Not a real big deal to install and reinstall but something goes wrong i think.
Or there must be a caveat.... :) :)

Hey Detectit,

I also experience the same thing. Did you find another way rather than switching on/off USB audio? Not a huge problem but as it does require a reboot, I was wondering if there was any other more practical way :).

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back