iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Mar 26, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #3,166 of 6,983
Fast roll off. Slow roll. Something like that

Well, they do not work while playing DSD but for everything else they def do...my favorite (the default I believe) is filter 4, The music sounds as it should and has a lot of air around everything. filter 3 is the widest stage but the airiness is very much reduced and brings the mids forward. I can pick up the differences easily using the Audiosense T800's

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #3,167 of 6,983
Well, they do not work while playing DSD but for everything else they def do...my favorite (the default I believe) is filter 4, The music sounds as it should and has a lot of air around everything. filter 3 is the widest stage but the airiness is very much reduced and brings the mids forward. I can pick up the differences easily using the Audiosense T800's
Thx I will check it out as Sen 800s cans pick up detail

Mar 26, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #3,169 of 6,983
Just got my DX160, it sounds amazing! The volume knob feels really cheap. Haven’t done much with it yet, did an update and downloaded Amazon Music. It sounds amazing with my headphones and the LO to my amp sounds awesome. I have also tried it out as a USB DAC and couldn’t say if it was better or worse than streaming or playing music from the dap. I wanted a remote for the DX160 but I don’t need it if I use it as a USB DAC. I haven’t tried the Bluetooth and don’t think I really need it. I want to get a pair of iBasso IT01 iem’s next month but have seen some mixed reviews regarding their quality. Enjoying Tropical **** Storm’s Braindrops album atm.

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #3,170 of 6,983
Just got my DX160, it sounds amazing! The volume knob feels really cheap. Haven’t done much with it yet, did an update and downloaded Amazon Music. It sounds amazing with my headphones and the LO to my amp sounds awesome. I have also tried it out as a USB DAC and couldn’t say if it was better or worse than streaming or playing music from the dap. I wanted a remote for the DX160 but I don’t need it if I use it as a USB DAC. I haven’t tried the Bluetooth and don’t think I really need it. I want to get a pair of iBasso IT01 iem’s next month but have seen some mixed reviews regarding their quality. Enjoying Tropical **** Storm’s Braindrops album atm.
Congrats, and welcome to the DX160 owner's club.. :)

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #3,171 of 6,983
Enjoy! Nothing at all wrong with the volume wheel. It is machined and anodized aluminum and connected to the digital control for the volume. Same feel as players I have that cost far, far more and amazingly, it sounds as good as the much more expensive players.

Mar 28, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #3,172 of 6,983
This might be a bit out of the line, but I am pairing my andromeda with the dx160 on 4.4mm balanced out with a copper silver mixed cable from electro acousti. I find the pairing a bit dark for my tastes with too much bass and lacking sparkle. This maybe due to the low output impadance of the 4.4mm jack (0.4ohms). Is there anyway I could increase the output impedance slightly (above 1ohm atleast)? I previously used the iematch 2.5 but it was lost and it doesn't come on a 4.4mm termination. I am looking for other solutions. Thanks.

Mar 28, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #3,174 of 6,983
This might be a bit out of the line, but I am pairing my andromeda with the dx160 on 4.4mm balanced out with a copper silver mixed cable from electro acousti. I find the pairing a bit dark for my tastes with too much bass and lacking sparkle. This maybe due to the low output impadance of the 4.4mm jack (0.4ohms). Is there anyway I could increase the output impedance slightly (above 1ohm atleast)? I previously used the iematch 2.5 but it was lost and it doesn't come on a 4.4mm termination. I am looking for other solutions. Thanks.

First, I'd switch to a wider bore ear tip 4mm to 4.5. Then switch to low gain if on HI.that levels things out for me depending on IEM. Pure copper cables will give you more sparkle vs silverplated. also, try using filter 4 which makes good iEMs shine IMHO.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #3,175 of 6,983
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33049568537.html

I would get cable 173 or 174 (8 or 4 core version)

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #3,176 of 6,983
Does anyone here have the ISN H40? How does it pair with the DX160? Thanks!!

Mar 30, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #3,177 of 6,983
When are we going to get some impressions about the 2020 Edition?

Mar 30, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #3,178 of 6,983
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 30, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #3,179 of 6,983
What are differences of the 2020 edition besides the JDi display? I have ordered a unit in January and didn't received it yet. The distributor is always delaying and it looks it will take another 2/3 weeks.

Mar 30, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #3,180 of 6,983
What are differences of the 2020 edition besides the JDi display? I have ordered a unit in January and didn't received it yet. The distributor is always delaying and it looks it will take another 2/3 weeks.
Different opamp
Different circuit design for the 3.5mm jack for CTIA

Pardon the virus situation, it has been like that, January seem to be close to the time they were running out of stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back