iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 25, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #841 of 6,983
Ordered one, my curiosity got the best of me. It looks smoother (ui) than dx220 was when I had it and hopefully I don't have the problems I had with the 220. They might have been fixed with firmware already but with the return window you're limited.

I like the screen and aesthetics, especially that screen. :)

Oct 25, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #842 of 6,983
Ordered one, my curiosity got the best of me. It looks smoother (ui) than dx220 was when I had it and hopefully I don't have the problems I had with the 220. They might have been fixed with firmware already but with the return window you're limited.

I like the screen and aesthetics, especially that screen. :)
Heck that screen has me eyes poppin' out!! I am waiting for your comparison with the R5 :)

Oct 25, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #843 of 6,983
Heck that screen has me eyes poppin' out!! I am waiting for your comparison with the R5 :)

I like the angles too, I'm getting it from New York so I should have it early next week. The screen looks very vivid. :dark_sunglasses: The blue looks gorgeous, unfortunately I wanted to buy it locally and they only have black.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #844 of 6,983
Hey Alex,
I just wanted to ask you about that gorgeous screen.. does it come with some kind of a protector/screen guard on it?

Two screen protectors (film) were included. Tbh, I'm using without it. And yeah, that screen is very nice!

Oct 25, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #845 of 6,983
iBasso should have clarified that the DX160 does full MQA decoding in hardware when streaming from Tidal via the Tidal app. Admittedly, not all of that information is solely contained in @Luke Thomas ' post, but combined with what other people here wrote this is what it seems to come down to. And iBasso should make it easier getting to the bottom of this.

Again, why? You stated what you believe they “should” have done without stating why.

Oct 26, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #846 of 6,983
I haven't come across any APTX-HD earphones or headphones yet. Are their any moderately priced ones? There are a few LDAC ones around. There are definitely a glut of APTX-HD receivers around (mine is the BluDento HD) if anyone wants to use their HiFi with an APTX-HD transmitter DAP such as the FiiO M6 and M9. I do see a problem in that there are very few LDAC receivers around if the iBasso DX160 is used as a transmitter to a HiFi system. Personally I use the FiiO BR3 which is a great little LDAC receiver but more useful for IEMs/Buds than attaching to a stereo system. I think their is a gap in the market for a more solid, functional bluetooth LDAC receiver that can pass on the benefits of quality LDAC to HiFi systems. I am surprised their are so many larger, solid APTX-HD receivers around yet a dearth of LDAC ones.

Fully agree

Oct 26, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #847 of 6,983
I am ordering one today as well. Local audio store has a nice pre-order discount. It won my comparison with Fiio M11 thanks to parametric EQ. I asked iBasso support a few questions, that bothered me, about DX160 and they answered after 5mins! Awesome! I am going to use it during delegations with my Hifiman Arya. I am going to use 4.4mm connection with this cable from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...3db-48081e145e35&pf_rd_r=33Q2RVQM79JJKFWX06BF. Do you think all will work fine?

Oct 26, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #848 of 6,983
Is the volume turned up? With my Sony headphones I can control it from them or from the volume control on the DX160. I pair, by holding the power button held on, on the phones and with the DX160 pairing, until they are connected.
Thx. Received a fast response from Ibasso. With in Bluetooth settings I had the Bluetooth+amp mode turned on. Thanks for your reply

Oct 26, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #851 of 6,983
Yes the comparison will have to be here, I'm banned from the r5 thread I guess. Maybe I'll just PM you with the bullet points.
Was the R5 wrecked THAT badly? :wink:

Oct 26, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #852 of 6,983
2.5mm follows A&K standard

4.4mm follows Sony Standard

Sorry to insist, but I'm going crazy ... If 2.5mm follows A&K standard and 4.4mm follows Sony Standard, the polarity is not the same. Can the Ibasso CA02 adapter make the change and respect the polarity correctly? I do not find information on this, it seems that people connect the adapter without worrying about this issue ... If Ibasso adapter does not solve the polarity change, is there any in the market that does? Or the solution is to manufacture a diy adapter with a 4.4mm male and a 2.5mm female, so that you can make the changes in polarity yourself?

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #853 of 6,983
Sorry to insist, but I'm going crazy ... If 2.5mm follows A&K standard and 4.4mm follows Sony Standard, the polarity is not the same. Can the Ibasso CA02 adapter make the change and respect the polarity correctly? I do not find information on this, it seems that people connect the adapter without worrying about this issue ... If Ibasso adapter does not solve the polarity change, is there any in the market that does? Or the solution is to manufacture a diy adapter with a 4.4mm male and a 2.5mm female, so that you can make the changes in polarity yourself?

2.5mm and 4.4mm are not proprietary A&K and Sony standards, those are now considered to be industry standards everybody else follows in their designs. And when a respected company or DIYer makes adapters, they also follow these standards. So, unless you are buying from some clueless ebay diy seller who is trying to convince you that his singled ended to balanced adapter will work (just being sarcastic, since I'm sure you know that single ended can't be converted to balanced), you shouldn't be worrying about polarity of adapters you are buying.

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #854 of 6,983

for a moment there I thought you are DIY lol! If you are buying adapter, then just to make sure to pm and ask the seller

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #855 of 6,983
for a moment there I thought you are DIY lol! If you are buying adapter, then just to make sure to pm and ask the seller

A few years ago I made a fully balanced Beta22, but were discrete components, with the new SMD and others I no longer dare. I have also done a multitude of DIY cables in recent years, although now I am quite apart from it ... That is why I am not clear and ask so much ... But you are right, since the manufacturer does not teach it anywhere, the best thing will be to ask...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back