iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 9, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,396 of 6,983
Hello Paul, is there a possibility an album art lockscreen option might be added in an upcoming firmware?
This should be implemented in the Mango app. Meanwhile you can use other apps like Hiby Music or Tidal for lockscreen album art.

Nov 9, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #1,397 of 6,983
Is anyone else having the wifi signal drop after 4-5 minutes of non-active use? When I turn the screen off and listen, my streaming stops after a song or so (often in the middle of a song, annoyingly), then comes back up once I turn the screen back on.

This happens with:
Tidal
UAPP (streaming through Tidal)
Spotify

I am running the latest firmware, Google Play Store active.

Problem happens with 3.5, 4.4mm jacks (haven't tested SPIDF)

As long as I don't turn the screen off, the connection remains. No matter what time sleep is set at, if I turn the screen off, connection will drop within 4-5 minutes.

I have tested with a weak signal (~30%) and a strong signal (100%, streaming directly from my phone in the other pocket or sitting within 20 ft of the router.

Currently, I am testing with sleep off entirely, and it seems a temporary solution, albeit one with a substantial power penalty.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #1,398 of 6,983
P1030825.JPG

Just got my purchased unit in today!

Installed Lurker0's update too :)

Nov 10, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #1,400 of 6,983
Nov 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #1,406 of 6,983
Nov 10, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #1,408 of 6,983
@Paul - iBasso

USB DAC is not working on my phone (Samsung Note9).
but R6pro is working with same cable.

Anybody tried USB DAC function with smartphone?
Are you using an OTG cable? This is needed with our player for this operation.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 10, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #1,409 of 6,983
@Paul - iBasso

A straight up question should the Dx160 exhibit Bluetooth dropouts from a foot away from Bluetooth headphones and receiver.
The minimal amount of movement causes dropout etc.

Latest OTA firmware installed.

Should I exchange product out?
Thank you

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #1,410 of 6,983
@Paul - iBasso

A straight up question should the Dx160 exhibit Bluetooth dropouts from a foot away from Bluetooth headphones and receiver.
The minimal amount of movement causes dropout etc.

Latest OTA firmware installed.

Should I exchange product out?
Thank you
We are working with the BT chip manufacturer but most DX160s work fine, out to 20 to 30 feet, depending upon walls, people etc. We use Class 2 BT, which is rated at 33 feet but often doesn't get quite there. You could go and compare the one you have to another unit and see if you get better results.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back