iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 11, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #1,426 of 6,983
i hope mine will have no noise like yours. mine should be arrived next hour or 2,, fingers crossed
Let us know how it goes for you.

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #1,427 of 6,983
Are you using an OTG cable? This is needed with our player for this operation.

Hello, Paul. Love the player BTW. Was just wondering if a "recently played" search option might be available in the player at some point? I find this very convenient. Also, are there any plans to add the option to use the album artwork as a background in the lower half of the "now playing"screen? This kind of gives a different theme fill as the album artwork is used, sort of in a blurred out fashion and give a slightly different feel with each album cover used. Still love the player regardless. Just wondering.

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #1,428 of 6,983
okay the dx160 just arrived, and guess what?
yes it has screeching noise, its like processor EMi noise. tested with Campfire Audio IO 3.5mm single ended. standby on the home screen without doing anything, connected to wifi.

and if any of you guys wondering about the stripped pattern on the touch sensor, yes my unit has the stripped pattern too.

on the plus side the sound quality of this dap is better or at least on par with my zx300

update :

with wifi off, i only hear little hissing noise using the CA IO, when its connected to wifi tho, it just like old laserjet printer sound :disappointed_relieved:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #1,429 of 6,983
okay the dx160 just arrived, and guess what?
yes it has screeching noise, its like processor EMi noise. tested with Campfire Audio IO 3.5mm single ended. standby on the home screen without doing anything, connected to wifi.

and if any of you guys wondering about the stripped pattern on the touch sensor, yes my unit has the stripped pattern too.

on the plus side the sound quality of this dap is better or at least on par with my zx300

update :

with wifi off, i only hear little hissing noise using the CA IO, when its connected to wifi tho, it just like old laserjet printer sound :disappointed_relieved:

At last found someone from same country that have same problem and buying from difference store. So this problem is real, although some of them don't have this problem.
Btw, with wifi off, i cannot hear any noise, only when wifi on. Getting worst when using 5ghz, and when streaming.

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #1,431 of 6,983
Hey Paul, what have you people done with the eq on the latest update? The 16khz slider seems to invoke a change across 500hz to 3khz instead of 16khz! I haven’t tried the rest of the bands as I don’t normally Eq.

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #1,432 of 6,983
At last found someone from same country that have same problem and buying from difference store. So this problem is real, although some of them don't have this problem.
Btw, with wifi off, i cannot hear any noise, only when wifi on. Getting worst when using 5ghz, and when streaming.
already refund my purchase, had to fight with the store tho, clearly not a pleasant experience.

tbh the dx160 is a very nice sounding dap and looks super sleek, if only the wifi not screeching like mad

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #1,440 of 6,983
It's a shame these issues are happening as sonically wired and visually the Dx160 is supreme.

What other choices are there don't like the M11 Shanling M6 unknown quantity etc

I like the sound of the 160 better than the m11. And the m6 is too big for me. I was looking at the tiny nw a105 by Sony but I know it won't have the resolution, sound stage and power of 160.

I already had zx300 and this sounds better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back