iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 1, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #1,126 of 6,983
Yes it's not stable, It definitely needs some work. Paul did say they were going to check on it. A little QC testing before final production and distribution would go a long way.

Please fix it lbasso, for us 'entitled' folks :wink:
Just understand that if it's a hardware design issue (as it is with the R6 Pro), there's no "solution" other than to keep it still/keep it away from RF source/limit your use of ultra sensitive IEMs (or simply use an ifi IEMatch).

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #1,127 of 6,983
Not only does mine stutter, the top volume on both my FiiO BTR 3 and BluDento HD is a whisper since the new firmware update. I'll have to exchange mine in the 14 day period we get in the UK. I wish more people would answer though. C'mon guys help out. I would rather keep it.

There is nothing much to answer, man :D iBasso already acknowledged they are looking into this. Seems to be dependent on wireless headphones/earphones (or wireless dongle) where some work further away and others need to be closer. Since you are using BTR3, did you make sure you are transmitting LDAC from DX160? But either way, until it gets straightened out, the choice is either to go with an inferior sounding DAPs that have better Bluetooth performance, or keep what you already have and wait for resolution. Figure out how much time you split between listening to wireless and wired headphones, maybe that will help to decide?

Based on what I'm seeing in my testing with aptX headphones (from Senns and B&W), the only shortfall is the distance in open space where I can use them about 20-25ft away with DX160 while with other DAPs (including DX220) and my smartphone I can go 40-50ft away.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #1,128 of 6,983
Just understand that if it's a hardware design issue (as it is with the R6 Pro), there's no "solution" other than to keep it still/keep it away from RF source/limit your use of ultra sensitive IEMs (or simply use an ifi IEMatch).

I was talking about BT signal breaking up. I'm getting zero noise.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #1,129 of 6,983
I don't have the device. Just trying to understand
I don't have the DX160 yet so I can't take a pic to show you.

Can anyone send a pic of the screen grid on the DX160?

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #1,130 of 6,983
WELL... You CAN open it up and put tdk noise suppression sheets on the components to reduce interference.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #1,131 of 6,983
I don't have the DX160 yet so I can't take a pic to show you.

Can anyone send a pic of the screen grid on the DX160?
What is the screen grid?

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #1,132 of 6,983
LURKER is Bluetooth stable with your Firmware????
I don't care! No BT headphones have DAC and amp as good as DX160 has. I hope you do understand that, via BT, you don't use DX160 audio part at all, don't you?

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #1,133 of 6,983
What is the screen grid?
Turn the screen off, let some light reflect off the screen. Do you see a grid pattern?

Take a picture of that.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #1,134 of 6,983
I don't care! No BT headphones have DAC and amp as good as DX160 has. I hope you do understand that, via BT, you don't use DX160 audio part at all, don't you?

I would be surprise to see people use AK SP2K and EarPods pros :wink:

I then would want to take a picture with him and take his autograph too

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #1,135 of 6,983

I'm sure you are a really top programmer and I respect you for that. I know nothing. What I do know, in empirical fact is that Bluetooth from my FiiO M9 sounds a LOT better than from my DX160. Reality. I totally agree that the DC160 from 3.5mm and 4.4mm is stunning. If you don't care then I feel sad for you.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,136 of 6,983
I would be surprise to see people use AK SP2K and EarPods pros
Frankly, I have Audeze Mobius off their IGG campaign, and I admit they have interesting sound. Nevertheless, I never tried them neither with iBasso DAPs nor with anything else via BT. Just because I don't care :D

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #1,137 of 6,983
There is nothing much to answer, man :D iBasso already acknowledged they are looking into this. Seems to be dependent on wireless headphones/earphones (or wireless dongle) where some work further away and others need to be closer. Since you are using BTR3, did you make sure you are transmitting LDAC from DX160? But either way, until it gets straightened out, the choice is either to go with an inferior sounding DAPs that have better Bluetooth performance, or keep what you already have and wait for resolution. Figure out how much time you split between listening to wireless and wired headphones, maybe that will help to decide?

Based on what I'm seeing in my testing with aptX headphones (from Senns and B&W), the only shortfall is the distance in open space where I can use them about 20-25ft away with DX160 while with other DAPs (including DX220) and my smartphone I can go 40-50ft away.

Definitely doing it properly. Look we all love the sound of the DX160. It's stunning. Bluetooth needs some work. We can't hide from that and sooner or later the facts come out in everything. I hope iBasso can fix it through firmware.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #1,138 of 6,983
Turn the screen off, let some light reflect off the screen. Do you see a grid pattern?

Take a picture of that.
I don't see anything, just a black screen. Put it under my large loop and still can't see anything, just a black screen. What am I looking for?

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,139 of 6,983
Wow this is pretty unreal. Someone’s Bluetooth headphone doesn’t work with a device that everybody is going crazy about how good it sounds… And it becomes a major big deal?? If the other device sounds better, Then go with that device. As Vince said I wouldn’t be surprised if people are using AirPods with the device thinking that everything needs to cater around them. The DX 160 works flawlessly with my IT01, IT04 Using a Fio Bluetooth cable. For a device with this kind of sound though it’s definitely better using corded earbuds or headphones.

Lurker has been programming firmware for devices as long as I can remember… Him not caring about your issue, frankly, it’s nothing for him or anyone else to be sad about.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #1,140 of 6,983
I don't see anything, just a black screen. Put it under my large loop and still can't see anything, just a black screen. What am I looking for?

I just tried it myself and I don’t see any kind of Grid at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back