iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 15, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #6,961 of 6,983
Hi all, wanna ask for opinion on the USB DAC capability. When I plugged in my DX160 to my desktop, it will result in USB Device unrecognized, it can only be recognized properly in my laptop. I have tried all the USB cable and all the ports available on my desktop, but still fail, any suggestion on this? thanks.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #6,962 of 6,983
Jan 15, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #6,963 of 6,983
I've had the DAP for three years now. After initial bumpy attempts, I was able to largely circumvent these problems. What remains is the sporadic start to the "black screen" if I don't unplug the charger shortly after it's fully charged. As I've already written, I don't use the Mango player because it's too inflexible and very spartan. What certainly benefits the usable duration of a battery charge is deactivating apps that are not needed, especially Google apps (with Windows tool ADB Appcontrol). When using wired earbuds, I use around 10% battery per hour. It should be noted that I usually charge the battery when there is still around 30% left. It's a shame that iBasso doesn't release any Android updates or at least security-related updates. That would be sustainable. Well, let's wait and see whether there is a DX180 with the latest Android and what awaits us there.
i have a dx170 and have been very disappointed with ibasso lack of software updates or bug fixes (theres a big ui one).

seems like they constantly rush out new products and then forget the current one. that's their focus, which is up to them of course. but I wouldnt buy another product by them

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #6,964 of 6,983
i have a dx170 and have been very disappointed with ibasso lack of software updates or bug fixes (theres a big ui one).

seems like they constantly rush out new products and then forget the current one. that's their focus, which is up to them of course. but I wouldnt buy another product by them
Opinions vary widely based on the user. If by "big ui one" you are referring to the background of the status bar, I wouldn't suggest this is a bug, but instead an appearance you don't like that does not have an option to change. There is a difference.

The last firmware update for DX160 was published in 2023, 3 years after the release of the DX160 2020 model refresh. Since we are discussing a DAP with a very fixed function as a music player and not a full-fledged phone, there is little expectation that any brand will continuously develop for older devices that function as designed.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #6,965 of 6,983
Where can you officially download this firmware from 2023? The latest version listed on ibasso.com is “V1.09.350 Aug 1st, 2022V1.09.350”.
I will continue to use the device as long as the battery allows it. In a thread not long ago I reported something about the changes I had made and my experiences.
By using "ADB App Control" and the music player software I use, I was able to set up the device the way I wanted. A new Android version would be particularly interesting for users of streaming portals, as they require relatively up-to-date systems.
If I feel like it, I use normal free-to-air internet radio, usually with the same player app or the “Radionator” app. But it would also be more optimal if Android were better protected against attacks from the Internet with security updates.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #6,966 of 6,983
Where can you officially download this firmware from 2023? The latest version listed on ibasso.com is “V1.09.350 Aug 1st, 2022V1.09.350”.
Sorry you are correct. This was the latest download for DX160. The 2023 update was for DX170.

Feb 9, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #6,967 of 6,983
Once again a short statement. Because I had already disabled some Android elements for the standard user interface. Black screens still occurred sporadically. Since I deactivated the system app "com.android.smspush", my DX160 combination with AIMP 4.02.1368 has been running for a few weeks without any problems or black screens. Apparently there was an overlap in the memory usage in the RAM, which caused this unpleasant behavior.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #6,968 of 6,983
I bought a DX160 a few years ago used from here and never really used it much until recently and is it normal for the battery to go down so fast? I feel like compared to my M11 it last like half as long or less.

I use it as my source a lot with it hooked up to my dac through the USB and after only a few hours (like 3) it's down about 50% from a full charge where as my M11 would only be down 10 to 15. Using it as a player through the 4.4 it's not any better, so is this just how they all are?

I love how it sounds compared to the M11 cuz it has a brighter signature which is what I like now and was thinking of getting the DX170 but if the battery isn't any better I'll just look elsewhere.

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #6,969 of 6,983
I bought a DX160 a few years ago used from here and never really used it much until recently and is it normal for the battery to go down so fast? I feel like compared to my M11 it last like half as long or less.

I use it as my source a lot with it hooked up to my dac through the USB and after only a few hours (like 3) it's down about 50% from a full charge where as my M11 would only be down 10 to 15. Using it as a player through the 4.4 it's not any better, so is this just how they all are?

I love how it sounds compared to the M11 cuz it has a brighter signature which is what I like now and was thinking of getting the DX170 but if the battery isn't any better I'll just look elsewhere.
If a few years old, most likely the battery requires replacement. Batteries are only good for so long. Just redid my Mac computer and iPhone.

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #6,971 of 6,983
The DX160 never had good battery life to begin with I have the dx170 and it's a bit better but not great.
Depends upon the resolution of the music and what you are using to listen with.

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #6,973 of 6,983
Yeah, the battery situation with a lot of portable audio equipment makes them feel somewhat disposable. They're a pain to replace the batteries in and it's always some bespoke battery that you've got to special order and then it requires a skilled person to open the case and swap the battery out. I wish more devices could have user-swappable batteries.

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #6,974 of 6,983
Yeah, the battery situation with a lot of portable audio equipment makes them feel somewhat disposable. They're a pain to replace the batteries in and it's always some bespoke battery that you've got to special order and then it requires a skilled person to open the case and swap the battery out. I wish more devices could have user-swappable batteries.
So far the latest iBasso DAPs do have a back that opens up by taking out two screws. Super easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back