iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Sep 4, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #6,931 of 6,991
Ok i fixed my problem ... 2 TB is to much for the DX160 Vanilla and with Lurkers Firmware i did switched back to the factory fw and had the same problem and now with a 1 TB card everything works flawless....
And i switched to UAPP in the process sounds as good a Mango but the UI i nice and fast and it seems to be quite battery friendly.
What brand of 2tb card and does it work in other equipment? Was it cleared for any errors?

Sep 4, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #6,932 of 6,991
I have been using a 1TB SanDisk Ultra card, about 75% full with a mix of mostly ALAC, a few DSD, and a few older mp3 files. Currently I’m at about 25k and regardless of which player I use it takes about 12-15 minutes to scan. Except Mango - that takes well over an hour.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #6,933 of 6,991
I have been using a 1TB SanDisk Ultra card, about 75% full with a mix of mostly ALAC, a few DSD, and a few older mp3 files. Currently I’m at about 25k and regardless of which player Inuse it takes about 12-15 minutes to scan. Except Mango - that takes well over an hour.
Same here... I have just about the same amount of songs as well (if not a few more)....

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #6,935 of 6,991
Yes, I often use the DX160 via SPDIF on the receiver and listen to music through the large speakers. I had tested via DLNA, but the same music is on my NAS as on the SD card in the DX, so it wasn't necessary. I sometimes use the DX160 as a player for the receiver for Internet radio. It is important to use the 5GHz WiFi to avoid interruptions.

Sep 30, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #6,936 of 6,991
Anybody used coaxial out ( not optical) ? Is it bit perfect? Can it be used as upnp/dlna device so that streaming from phone csn be done to it?
Not sure what you mean by bit perfect with coaxial connection. It really depends on the music player app being used as to whether it is bit perfect or not not the connection. Having said that, this connection is not using the amplifier built into the DX160, it is a digital connection, if that is what you were getting at.

I am also assuming that your question about UPNP/DLNA is referring to the DX160 itself, rather than having to do with the coaxial connection, in which case the answer is yes it can be used this way.

A silly question on my part though, why would you use a phone to stream to the DX160? You can use any app on the DX that you can use on your phone, so you can cut out any (potential) bottleneck in the chain and just use the DX160.

Sep 30, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #6,937 of 6,991
Not sure what you mean by bit perfect with coaxial connection. It really depends on the music player app being used as to whether it is bit perfect or not not the connection. Having said that, this connection is not using the amplifier built into the DX160, it is a digital connection, if that is what you were getting at.

I am also assuming that your question about UPNP/DLNA is referring to the DX160 itself, rather than having to do with the coaxial connection, in which case the answer is yes it can be used this way.

A silly question on my part though, why would you use a phone to stream to the DX160? You can use any app on the DX that you can use on your phone, so you can cut out any (potential) bottleneck in the chain and just use the DX160.
Thanks for the response. Uska ng phone to stream to dx160 can allow portability outside wifi network using hotspot of phone. For home wifi use any streamer could do but i want a portable streaming device which can be stacked with mojo 2. Poly is too expensive and dx160 used can be an option. Regarding coaxial will uapp be able to send bit perfect data to coaxial? It does bit perfect to usb as we already know.

Sep 30, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #6,938 of 6,991
Thanks for the response. Uska ng phone to stream to dx160 can allow portability outside wifi network using hotspot of phone. For home wifi use any streamer could do but i want a portable streaming device which can be stacked with mojo 2. Poly is too expensive and dx160 used can be an option. Regarding coaxial will uapp be able to send bit perfect data to coaxial? It does bit perfect to usb as we already know.
You are welcome! :)

This is true that you can use a hotspot, but this means that all you are sharing is the WiFi. You would only need to use UPNP/DLNA if you are trying to stream music stored elsewhere in your local network to your DX160 (i.e. a NAS drive or something like that). If you are just using something like Tidal, Amazon, Spotify, Apple Music, etc... you just need to share the WiFi connection to your DX160. At home, you could use your home network to the DX160 to the Mojo 2. There really is no need to use your phone except when out of WiFi range at home, then only for hotspot sharing. :)

The Coaxial connection will send it as bit perfect as long as it fits into 24/384, or DSD256. If it is higher quality than that, then it will down sample. This goes the same for USB out as well. But, once again I am saying that it isn't the connection that decides bit perfect or not, it is the music app that you are using... UAPP, Mango, Neutron, etc... will playback bit perfect (as long as you have it set to play that way with no DSP) from LO, coax, or USB-C. The difference between the connections is that USB-C, and coax are both digital and bypass the onboard DAC chips and amplifier both. The LO will use the DX160 DAC chips, but will bypass the amplifier (well, technically it doesn't truly, but that is another conversation altogether).

Sep 30, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #6,939 of 6,991
You are welcome! :)

This is true that you can use a hotspot, but this means that all you are sharing is the WiFi. You would only need to use UPNP/DLNA if you are trying to stream music stored elsewhere in your local network to your DX160 (i.e. a NAS drive or something like that). If you are just using something like Tidal, Amazon, Spotify, Apple Music, etc... you just need to share the WiFi connection to your DX160. At home, you could use your home network to the DX160 to the Mojo 2. There really is no need to use your phone except when out of WiFi range at home, then only for hotspot sharing. :)

The Coaxial connection will send it as bit perfect as long as it fits into 24/384, or DSD256. If it is higher quality than that, then it will down sample. This goes the same for USB out as well. But, once again I am saying that it isn't the connection that decides bit perfect or not, it is the music app that you are using... UAPP, Mango, Neutron, etc... will playback bit perfect (as long as you have it set to play that way with no DSP) from LO, coax, or USB-C. The difference between the connections is that USB-C, and coax are both digital and bypass the onboard DAC chips and amplifier both. The LO will use the DX160 DAC chips, but will bypass the amplifier (well, technically it doesn't truly, but that is another conversation altogether).
Thanks again. You are right that i need to share only wifi connection. But sending data from phone has the advantage that you can keep the stack in pocket while walking and control the songs etc from phone! Isn't it?

Oct 1, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #6,940 of 6,991
Some more technical background knowledge about SPDIF, as this standard is a bit older. Not every receiver with an SPDIF input supports all signal forms, but at least the common ones, such as 44.1kHz/16 and 24bit, or 48kHz. It is therefore illusory to believe that this 1:1 ratio will be passed on with higher signal quality. You will then no longer hear any difference on the loudspeaker, or if necessary, raising the top treble slightly will help. That depends entirely on the analog amplifier technology and the speakers connected.

Oct 1, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #6,941 of 6,991
Thanks again. You are right that i need to share only wifi connection. But sending data from phone has the advantage that you can keep the stack in pocket while walking and control the songs etc from phone! Isn't it?
If you are using your phone as the UPNP/DLNA device then you will not be using your phone to control the playback.... The DX160 is using this protocol to simply find the files to playback from the DX160.

I guess maybe I don't totally understand what you are trying to do here... Are you using local files, or are you streaming music from a service? Knowing this will decide how you use the combination of your phone and the DX160 (because it will definitely be different).

Oct 1, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #6,942 of 6,991
If you are using your phone as the UPNP/DLNA device then you will not be using your phone to control the playback.... The DX160 is using this protocol to simply find the files to playback from the DX160.

I guess maybe I don't totally understand what you are trying to do here... Are you using local files, or are you streaming music from a service? Knowing this will decide how you use the combination of your phone and the DX160 (because it will definitely be different).
See if dx160 is visible as a upnp renderer to my Android phone on same wifi then I can use m connect app or uapp to send qobuz streaming to dx160. Purpose is simple. I don't want to disturb the stack of dx160 mojo 2 stack in my pocket.

Oct 2, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #6,943 of 6,991
See if dx160 is visible as a upnp renderer to my Android phone on same wifi then I can use m connect app or uapp to send qobuz streaming to dx160. Purpose is simple. I don't want to disturb the stack of dx160 mojo 2 stack in my pocket.
Ah! Then, yes UAPP can be set up as a UPNP renderer.

Oct 7, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #6,945 of 6,991
From the USA CDC:
( Note that these are the sound level at your ear. Sound Level drops very quickly when you increase your distance from the source.
)

DB LEVEL
Everyday Sounds and NoisesAverage Sound Level (measured in decibels)Typical Response (after routine or repeated exposure)
Softest sound that can be heard0

Sounds at these dB levels typically don’t cause any hearing damage.
Normal breathing10
Ticking watch20
Soft whisper30
Refrigerator hum40
Normal conversation, air conditioner60
Washing machine, dishwasher70You may feel annoyed by the noise
City traffic (inside the car)80–85You may feel very annoyed
Gas-powered lawnmowers and leaf blowers80-85Damage to hearing possible after 2 hours of exposure
Motorcycle95Damage to hearing possible after about 50 minutes of exposure
Approaching subway train, car horn at 16 feet (5 meters), and sporting events (such as hockey playoffs and football games)100Hearing loss possible after 15 minutes
The maximum volume level for personal listening devices; a very loud radio, stereo, or television; and loud entertainment venues (such as nightclubs, bars, and rock concerts)105–110Hearing loss possible in less than 5 minutes
Shouting or barking in the ear110Hearing loss possible in less than 2 minutes
Standing beside or near sirens120Pain and ear injury
Firecrackers140–150Pain and ear injury

Users who are viewing this thread

Back