iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Mar 3, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #6,797 of 6,983
Even after all this time (got mine back in 2019), I will still get anywhere from 5-8 hours from it. This also depends on many things like @superuser1 said... That said, more often I get closer to 8 than I do to 5 though. But I don't normally listen to a ton of DSD256 or PCM384 on this though. Those are the ones that will kill the battery in this. It will last closer to the 8 mentioned when using something like 24/96 and below and very little to no DSP on and WiFi and BT off. WiFi will use the battery quite a bit quicker on this device because it struggles to keep a solid signal sometimes (at least mine does), though I never have any hiccups on mine. BT is the same way, it uses more battery than the norm because the signal is weak(er) than other devices.

I think that iBasso addressed these issues with the release of the DX170, but I knew going into the DX160 that there were "antenna" issues, but I listen mostly to local stuff, so it has never mattered to me, and I use the wireless functions now and again with all the success that I need it to.... :)
Thanks again samadhi for your response on media players, bought the usb audio player pro last night and it sounds so much better than the mango. Maybe I didn't have the setting dialled in right on the mango but the difference in sound is substantial. Loving this new media player except for one glitch and hoping you may have the answer. When I advance songs using a Flac song, everything works perfectly. When I do it with a dsd song, the songs starts playing for a second, stops and then starts over and plays it. Am I missing a settings or is this some type of glitch. Again thanks again for all the previous help. Ember

Mar 3, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #6,798 of 6,983
Thanks again samadhi for your response on media players, bought the usb audio player pro last night and it sounds so much better than the mango. Maybe I didn't have the setting dialled in right on the mango but the difference in sound is substantial. Loving this new media player except for one glitch and hoping you may have the answer. When I advance songs using a Flac song, everything works perfectly. When I do it with a dsd song, the songs starts playing for a second, stops and then starts over and plays it. Am I missing a settings or is this some type of glitch. Again thanks again for all the previous help. Ember
also should mention this only happens when I am using the dx 160n with my Sony wh 1000 xm 5 bluetooth headphones. When I am using a wired pair it doesn't happen. Is this just a buffering issue ?? Sorry should have mentioned that.

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #6,799 of 6,983
also should mention this only happens when I am using the dx 160n with my Sony wh 1000 xm 5 bluetooth headphones. When I am using a wired pair it doesn't happen. Is this just a buffering issue ?? Sorry should have mentioned that.
ok figured it out. My Sony Bluetooth's can also be played wired and they work perfectly when wired. it reads dsd direct 2.8 1 bit so it is a buffering issue. Sorry for clogging up the thread, just only realized the Sonys had a wired connection as well. Again this usb audio player pro rocks.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #6,800 of 6,983
ok figured it out. My Sony Bluetooth's can also be played wired and they work perfectly when wired. it reads dsd direct 2.8 1 bit so it is a buffering issue. Sorry for clogging up the thread, just only realized the Sonys had a wired connection as well. Again this usb audio player pro rocks.
Glad you were able to find the answer you were looking for amongst...... yourself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :thumbsup:

UAPP is indeed a very good app... Enjoy the music! :)

Mar 4, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #6,801 of 6,983
If I were to buy a iBasso DX160 from Japan and it arrived in the USA with Japanese text is there a way that I would be able to reset the device? Also is there any difference between the Japan and US versions? Thanks in advance - RandomSquid07

Mar 4, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #6,802 of 6,983
If I were to buy a iBasso DX160 from Japan and it arrived in the USA with Japanese text is there a way that I would be able to reset the device? Also is there any difference between the Japan and US versions? Thanks in advance - RandomSquid07
I am pretty sure all the versions are the same. I guess you could do a factory reset and then use English.

Mar 4, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #6,804 of 6,983
Is there a way to do a factory reset with the buttons or would I have to navigate to the settings to do it? Please understand that I don't speak any Japanese.
How about friend, if you can reset the ibasso dx160 with the buttons, press power and the pause button until the ibasso start logo appears, release the power button and keep the pause button pressed until the logo is removed and Sulta, the android menu appears here. I hope and it serves you greetings

Mar 4, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #6,806 of 6,983
Mar 5, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #6,807 of 6,983
Two weeks have passed since the full reset. During this period, more precisely the day before yesterday, the black screen only appeared once.
According to my observations in the past, this behavior appeared in most cases after a full charge, which may indicate an error in the direction of the charging logic. In any case, the black screen didn't come at short intervals, I can live with two weeks.

Mar 10, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #6,808 of 6,983
I think my sporadic black screen issues went away after changing the SD card. I treated my DX160 to a larger card and formatted it as removable storage instead of memory expansion. Either the electronics in the old card were faulty or the integration as a memory expansion didn't work properly. In any case, file system errors were repeatedly found when checking the PC. So I am completely satisfied with the device.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #6,809 of 6,983
I think my sporadic black screen issues went away after changing the SD card. I treated my DX160 to a larger card and formatted it as removable storage instead of memory expansion. Either the electronics in the old card were faulty or the integration as a memory expansion didn't work properly. In any case, file system errors were repeatedly found when checking the PC. So I am completely satisfied with the device.
That right there is the very reason I never buy cheap (branded) cards. This is also why Google tried to get people to stop using them the first time they locked out cards (calling it a security upgrade) because a ton of issues that people saw on android were actually due to the cheap (failing) cards.

I'm glad you got your issue solved though! :)

Mar 13, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #6,810 of 6,983
I just bought the 2020 version days ago and it's an amazing dap; no problems so far and the SQ it's great , clearly a substantial update from the Opus #1.
I ordered a replacement battery from Ibasso; does anyone knows how long does it take to arrive?

_DSC1549 copia1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back