iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Dec 20, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #5,102 of 6,983
My humble opinion bro... save money for a decent monitor... You really don't need anything else...

I've bought IEMs in the past that were highly recommended in all the reviews but sounded terrible to my ears. It's always a bit hit-and-miss shopping online so I was very happy when my A&K Billie Jean IEMs arrived and actually fit well and sounded fantastic straight out of the box.

We all here need serious psychotherapy.. And take that seriously, I am not joking... Not at all...

This hobby definitely attracts obsessive compulsive personalities, and the manufacturers know that. Be careful how far you follow them down the rabbit hole!

Dec 20, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #5,103 of 6,983
Seems to have left the play store from lurker which is a bonus!
highly unlikely if you flashed the original FW. Now the new FW comes with play store

Dec 20, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #5,104 of 6,983
Hi @Paul - iBasso i would like to share some feature improvements specifically for the Mango player.

1. Add to "Favorites" - this would give us the option to mark a track or add it to a specific playlist of a compilation of your favorite tracks so we can access them quickly.

2 Add to queue - This would allow as to select songs for the player to play our preffered songs on queue. "Play next" is acceptable but i would preffer queue so I can choose more than 1 song.

3. "Recently added" section - this would allow us to access our recently added tracks to the device.

Additional request: Dark mode. 🤙

Hope we can see these features on the future updates! Thanks! 👍

Dec 20, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #5,105 of 6,983
Hi @Paul - iBasso i would like to share some feature improvements specifically for the Mango player.

3. "Recently added" section - this would allow us to access our recently added tracks to the device.

I think this one is there...at least that's how my "All music" tab in Mango player works, even though I rarely use it. It might require clicking "added" in the settings (three dots) for that one.

Dec 21, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #5,106 of 6,983
highly unlikely if you flashed the original FW. Now the new FW comes with play store
Either way... You can download Google play store your self bro....

Dec 21, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #5,107 of 6,983
I think this one is there...at least that's how my "All music" tab in Mango player works, even though I rarely use it. It might require clicking "added" in the settings (three dots) for that one.
Maybe @vonHiFi really means the recently added tracks to the player SD or internal storage bro....

Dec 21, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #5,109 of 6,983
Flashing the original firmware over Lurker's, doesn't wipe the data partition, thats why the PlayStore, HiBy etc. stays there when you reflash it.
You need to perform a factory reset, to wipe the data partition and so everything Lurker's comes with.
After that, the PlayStore is also gone!

Dec 21, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #5,110 of 6,983
Flashing the original firmware over Lurker's, doesn't wipe the data partition, thats why the PlayStore, HiBy etc. stays there when you reflash it.
You need to perform a factory reset, to wipe the data partition and so everything Lurker's comes with.
That makes more sense, thanks. Was pretty sure it wasn't included in the latest original Firmware. Is the factory reset a good idea as well after this procedure then?

Dec 21, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #5,111 of 6,983
That makes more sense, thanks. Was pretty sure it wasn't included in the latest original Firmware. Is the factory reset a good idea as well after this procedure then?

Sure, why not.
You need to set everything up again, but since it's a DAP and not a Smartphone, it only takes some minutes.
Also you gonna need to rescan your library.

Dec 21, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #5,112 of 6,983
Thanks for that clarification.

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #5,113 of 6,983
Does anyone has the same effect, that you cannot use LDAC when connecting via Bluetooth?
I only get offered SBC or AAC when my Huawei P30 Pro connects the DX160.

Dec 23, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #5,114 of 6,983
Does anyone has the same effect, that you cannot use LDAC when connecting via Bluetooth?
I only get offered SBC or AAC when my Huawei P30 Pro connects the DX160.
Presumably the P30 supports LDAC?
If so, are you connecting to two audio devices simultaneously?
From my experience, phones that support sending to two endpoints drop back to SBC to do this.

Dec 23, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #5,115 of 6,983
The P30 Pro supports LDAC and it works with the Fiio BTR5.
I don't try to connect simultaneously, but i am gonna remove the Fiio from the known devices and check if it changes anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back