iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 12, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #4,936 of 6,983
Is it normal that the wifi is really weak and slow??. It's pretty unusable, and I'm in the same room as the router.
On 2.4Ghz speed test while the DX160 was on top of the router 3.4MBit/s. Xiaomi MI 9T pro 147 Mbit/s
Same position with 5Ghz DX160 0.00 Mbit/s. Xiaomi Mi9t Pro 497Mbit/s

I cannot even use Qobuz.

Edit: also big problems with BT. Cannot connect with LDAC only AAC and there are a lot of glitches.

@Paul - iBasso Those QC/Engineering issues were known during the DX160 testing? If yes why did you put in production? If not can you help me to solve those BIG issues?
2019 version or 2020 version?

Nov 12, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #4,938 of 6,983
Nov 12, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #4,939 of 6,983
That explains it. I have the 2020 version and I'm getting my full bandwidth (100mbps down 50 mbps up) and don't have any BT connection issues (it's still shorter range than my smartphone tho but 3m is fine)

Nov 12, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #4,941 of 6,983
The 2019 was know to have WiFi signal issues but but not to the extent that you are describing. I could easily use it in the same room as my router without any issues for Tidal Masters which measures about 150 sq feet.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #4,942 of 6,983
I will be the first to admit, I know next to nothing of DAP’s. I just received my DX160 and want to move my music onto it. Is someone willing to help a total newbie? I have no idea, and what passes fir a manual is no help, what I need to do to accomplish this. Any and all help appreciated. Thanks.

Nov 16, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #4,943 of 6,983
I will be the first to admit, I know next to nothing of DAP’s. I just received my DX160 and want to move my music onto it. Is someone willing to help a total newbie? I have no idea, and what passes fir a manual is no help, what I need to do to accomplish this. Any and all help appreciated. Thanks.
Hook it up to your computer via USB port, click on the notification bar on your dap it must say "USB charging this device". Click on it and choose transfer file. Your computer should recognise the dap and you can transfer your files to it.

Nov 16, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #4,944 of 6,983
Hook it up to your computer via USB port, click on the notification bar on your dap it must say "USB charging this device". Click on it and choose transfer file. Your computer should recognise the dap and you can transfer your files to it.

Ahhhh, Ok. I’ll try that tomorrow. Thank you.

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #4,945 of 6,983
If you have a microsd card reader, you can use your computer to create a folder "Music" in your microsd card and then copy your music into that folder. Then, insert the microsd card into the DX160 and in the Mango Player or any other app you use, scan the card to detect the songs.

After you get more familiar and adventurous you can use software like Musicbee and playlists to manage syncing in greater detail.

Nov 17, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #4,946 of 6,983
If you have a microsd card reader, you can use your computer to create a folder "Music" in your microsd card and then copy your music into that folder. Then, insert the microsd card into the DX160 and in the Mango Player or any other app you use, scan the card to detect the songs.

After you get more familiar and adventurous you can use software like Musicbee and playlists to manage syncing in greater detail.

Thanks. I’m beginning to get the hang of moving files, how to find them and how to play them. So far I’m highly impressed with the DX160.

Nov 18, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #4,947 of 6,983
I'll contact iBasso to replace It with the 2020 version of it's possible

I dont think so. I contact them for upgrade and they reject me.

First they send an automated email what i need to do for upgrade. In this mail they giving information about shipping back to russia (??). I replied i am not from russia from turkey. And "oh we cant ship to turkey please contact to your dealer". I ask the reason, if shipping to russia is possible shipping to turkey should be possible too. They didnt even reply to me.

I think this upgrade to 2020 is only for marketing and ibasso is not a serious brand.

Nov 18, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #4,949 of 6,983
Hi all,
I would love to pair my iBasso DX160 with some openback headphones. What is the maximum impendance on headphones? It is only standard 32 or 64Ohm or this iBasso is able to drive bigger headphones?

Thank you
It's a powerful player and has "high gain" mode. I would say anything up to 250-300 Ohm would be fine.

My problem with DX160 is when I play music and switch between music apps like spotify and mango player. Physical buttons don't work properly.
With screen "on" or "off" play button is switching to operate the opposite app that I'm currently listening to (When I play music on spotify and press "stop" and then "play", the music switches to mango player last opened song and vice versa.
Physical buttons work fine with mango player but as soon as I start using spotify physical buttons go crazy.
Anyone knows the solution to this? It drives me crazy tbh.
It happens over bluetooth as well so it's a software issue. I have 2020 edition and newest firmware.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back