iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 7, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #4,922 of 6,983
How do I see the extended tags in mp3tag?
you can manipulate extended tags, by right-clicking on a song, and select Extended Tags.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #4,923 of 6,983
Thanks a lot for all your answers

Nov 7, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #4,924 of 6,983
Never mind. Found the answer to my question.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #4,925 of 6,983
Hey guys, after today's firmware update, there is this buzzing noise on top of the music all the time from the DAP. It is very apparent on quiet tracks Any one experiencing the same issue ? This incredible device has wowed me so far. But this issue just makes it unusable at the moment.
I tried with monitors, headphones, iems. Some thing is going on with the DX160.

Update:
Hm weird as it is. That noise is gone now. Probably something else causing it and not because of the firmware. Still can anybody help me with some insight ?

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #4,926 of 6,983
Hey guys, after today's firmware update, there is this buzzing noise on top of the music all the time from the DAP. It is very apparent on quiet tracks Any one experiencing the same issue ? This incredible device has wowed me so far. But this issue just makes it unusable at the moment.

Update:
Hm weird as it is. That noise is gone now. Probably something else causing it and not because of the firmware. Still can anybody help me with some insight ?
I only get buzzing when I listen when charging lol

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #4,927 of 6,983

Update:
Wow there's a firmware update? Any change log?

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #4,929 of 6,983
Hello,

I have a problem with mango player. When I change the cover or even the tags it is well displayed on others players such as UAPP but not in Mango. Mango always display the old version. I use MP3Tag. I don't know what to do...
Just thought of another potential issue. Tag versions. It's entirely possible the files you're having problems with contain both ID3 v1 and ID3 v2 tags. Yes, that's perfectly acceptable, though it is possible for them to get out of sync.

Check the attached screen shots for proper setup.

Attachments

• Ape, MPC.png
    Ape, MPC.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
  • MPEG Tags.png
    MPEG Tags.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
Nov 9, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #4,930 of 6,983
Just thought of another potential issue. Tag versions. It's entirely possible the files you're having problems with contain both ID3 v1 and ID3 v2 tags. Yes, that's perfectly acceptable, though it is possible for them to get out of sync.

Check the attached screen shots for proper setup.
Thanks I also think this is the problem because none of the solutions worked.

Nov 11, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #4,931 of 6,983
Hi
I have a problem with my dx160. trying to use a system equalizer app for tidal. But when i activate the equalizer app sound starts to sizzling and hearing crackles with sound.

I try two apps re equalizer and neutrilizer. One more thing, if i play master quality songs on tidal, sound gets choppy and too much sizzlings and crackles. So it depends on playback bitrate quality.

Device not rooted or modded and i cant for now. Any one knows why this happens and how to fix?

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #4,932 of 6,983
how to fix?
Stop using them, or contact their developers to try to make them compatible with iBasso devices. So far I never heard about system wide EQs compatible with iBasso DAPs, including those that require root.

Nov 12, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #4,933 of 6,983
The buzzing noise is back again since last night. I tried turn off and turn on everything. Does anybody have some idea what might cause it ? This is really sad. I cant return it to China because this issue is huge but happens every now and then, no clue on how to reproduce the issue.

Nov 12, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #4,934 of 6,983
Stop using them, or contact their developers to try to make them compatible with iBasso devices.

Yes i know they are all poor quality equalizers on play store. Cant find any working eq app. They cant handle large bitrate songs. This ones good but cant handle too. Maybe some one knows working eq app on play store.

UAPP working but have some interface and playback bugs. Anyway it works.

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #4,935 of 6,983
Is it normal that the wifi is really weak and slow??. It's pretty unusable, and I'm in the same room as the router.
On 2.4Ghz speed test while the DX160 was on top of the router 3.4MBit/s. Xiaomi MI 9T pro 147 Mbit/s
Same position with 5Ghz DX160 0.00 Mbit/s. Xiaomi Mi9t Pro 497Mbit/s

I cannot even use Qobuz.

Edit: also big problems with BT. Cannot connect with LDAC only AAC and there are a lot of glitches.

@Paul - iBasso Those QC/Engineering issues were known during the DX160 testing? If yes why did you put in production? If not can you help me to solve those BIG issues?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back