iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 16, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #4,877 of 6,983
So this screen problem might happen regardless of 2019 or 2020 version?
The horizontal lines thing is when you install lurker's firmware. Thats temporary and goes away quickly.

My issue seems to be from a defective screen. Refleshing, resetting all do nothing to help.

Oct 17, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #4,878 of 6,983
@Paul we need help ?

Oct 17, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #4,880 of 6,983
@seanwee will send dx160 to his seller

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #4,881 of 6,983
My issue seems to be from a defective screen
As far as I understand, your DX160 has vertical lines in the center of the screen. It may be caused by a swollen battery.

Oct 17, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #4,882 of 6,983
As far as I understand, your DX160 has vertical lines in the center of the screen. It may be caused by a swollen battery.
I've only used it for two months though.

And there aren't any bulges or anything yet.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #4,883 of 6,983
I've only used it for two months though.

And there aren't any bulges or anything yet.
It seems you have tried everything. It could be a bad screen or something else but the only way now to know for sure would be to send the DX160 in. You can do that through the dealer or directly to us. If you would like to send it in, please email me at paul@ibasso.com. For the RMA number I will need a copy of the warranty card and invoice and then your name, address with post code, email address and phone number. Turn around, once we get the device is normally 3 to 4 days in our repair division. I am sorry you are having issues with the screen.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 18, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #4,884 of 6,983
Last night i was burning in an iem on the dx160, so this morning the battery was drained , now after plugging it in it gets stuck at the startup screen. I have tried 10 second hard reset , doesn't work. I can't recommend this device to anyone , it was not working properly before anyway, super slow with lots of issues. Just a headache to deal with for me .Sorry I had to share my experience . If anyone is looking to buy one . Mine is the 2020 model.

Oct 18, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #4,885 of 6,983
Last night i was burning in an iem on the dx160, so this morning the battery was drained , now after plugging it in it gets stuck at the startup screen. I have tried 10 second hard reset , doesn't work. I can't recommend this device to anyone , it was not working properly before anyway, super slow with lots of issues. Just a headache to deal with for me .Sorry I had to share my experience . If anyone is looking to buy one . Mine is the 2020 model.
It is never good to totally run down a battery. I would plug it into a computer for an hour or so. Not a regular charger. The low current works battery to get the battery going. Then I would use the Android Tool and the .img firmware with a PC to do a factory reinstall of the firmware and then update to the latest firmware. Or if you get it going do a factory reset first. I see that the Android Tool and the firmware to use with it are on the first page of this thread.

Oct 18, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #4,886 of 6,983
It is never good to totally run down a battery. I would plug it into a computer for an hour or so. Not a regular charger. The low current works battery to get the battery going. Then I would use the Android Tool and the .img firmware with a PC to do a factory reinstall of the firmware and then update to the latest firmware. Or if you get it going do a factory reset first. I see that the Android Tool and the firmware to use with it are on the first page of this thread.
I will give it try . Thank you .

Oct 20, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #4,887 of 6,983
1) Install lurkers firmware and then install magisk manager apk.
2) Download exact the same official firmware you have in your player.
3) Find the boot.img inside folder you downloaded, Copy into device.
4) Now open magisk manager, type update, choose the boot.img select patch file.
5) After patching reboot device.
After this process magisk manager will work and you will be able to download and install all modules. No need to update to latest version. Don't flash magisk_patched.img It will cause problems, bootloop.
Installed Lurker's addon and i like it, now i want add sauron mod. For the first time im dealing with magisk, found this step by step, but still need help.
1) Done
2) Firmware from ibasso, lurkers or magisk 19.3?
3) Boot.img should be used from 2) firmware and place into device everywhere i can or must replace current, cause i dont found it either?
4) Dont see where to type, should i use twrp for this?
Yours help would be great

Edit: Or i dont need to do this, cause Lurker_DX160-A8.1-L1.28b1 addon has preinstalled 19.3 magisk so i just need reinstal magisk manager?

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #4,889 of 6,983
When on mango os (lurker's add on installed of course) what about the choice of phone out or line out ? Because I'd like to use it on mango os and line out...
I think I just have to put volume on 100 but I would like to be sure I do it the right way.

Thanks a lot.

Oct 23, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #4,890 of 6,983
@Paul - iBasso how to I force shut down my dx160? Its stuck at UAPP and wont turn off with the screen unresponsive. Or should i wait for the battery to turn off?
By now maybe your battery has already discharged... I am not an expert. But, have you tried holding the power button for 30 to 60 seconds? Sometimes that works to turn off. Can also try that with the power and the "next" button, and try same with the power and the "play" button for 30-60 seconds. These may get you a different screen you can exit from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back