iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 31, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #3,751 of 6,983
I' thinking to buy this dap. My only concern is the wifi and listening in streaming. I had the dx200 in the past. Was a great dap in terms of sound but wifi was useless. Seemms that it is a general problem on ibasso dap family
Good point.. I had problems connecting to Google & Spotify yesterday after I got my DX160.. I tried during less congested hours like late night.. It's OK now - maybe my WiFi signal was not that strong then.. Or could be just 1st time login issue only..
Yeah my Wi-Fi was pretty bad in the beginning too. I ended up having to purchase a newer, better router. I guess it was time for a new one anyway. But afterwards, I've never had a problem since.

Jun 1, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #3,752 of 6,983
I have question regarding using USB DAC on DX160, i have just tried connect mojo in this player, and i connect it to dx160

the problem is, it couldnot playing song with spotify, or power amp or youtube, i only can played song with mango player

anyone with the same problem like me, or there's a way to bypass audio through spotify ?

i connect mojo with my smartphone too but they can played song with the spotify through my mojo, but icant do the same with dx160

Is that normal with another USB DAC as well or ??

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #3,753 of 6,983
I have question regarding using USB DAC on DX160, i have just tried connect mojo in this player, and i connect it to dx160

the problem is, it couldnot playing song with spotify, or power amp or youtube, i only can played song with mango player

anyone with the same problem like me, or there's a way to bypass audio through spotify ?

i connect mojo with my smartphone too but they can played song with the spotify through my mojo, but icant do the same with dx160

Is that normal with another USB DAC as well or ??

Try using a different USB cable. The one that comes with the DX160 cant be used for USB DAC functions.

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #3,754 of 6,983
Try using a different USB cable. The one that comes with the DX160 cant be used for USB DAC functions.

Yes,i well known about that cable problem, but i think this is different case, i just trying to get sound of my mojo through dx160 with third party application, i used fiio CL06 cable, since it can connect via mango player (can played song well), i think the cable is not the problem in my case here..

I tested on my phone, i can get sound from spotify and other apps as well with my mojo

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #3,755 of 6,983
Yes,i well known about that cable problem, but i think this is different case, i just trying to get sound of my mojo through dx160 with third party application, i used fiio CL06 cable, since it can connect via mango player (can played song well), i think the cable is not the problem in my case here..

I tested on my phone, i can get sound from spotify and other apps as well with my mojo
I'm just guessing.. Shouldn't 3.5mm port on DX160 (as source) be set as LO (line out), not PO (phone out), when connecting to Mojo (as DAC)? Just wondering..

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #3,756 of 6,983
I'm just guessing.. Shouldn't 3.5mm port on DX160 (as source) be set as LO (line out), not PO (phone out), when connecting to Mojo (as DAC)? Just wondering..

They can't be connected since it's LINE OUT and there's no LINE IN on MOJO, i connected to mojo through USB C, and i think that's the only way, and i connected my can to mojo

Well like i said it only worked on mango player, spotify and others cannot function here, i think there's a binding audio source with mango player with the usb c port, i used debugging and still no luck yet

If you mean i must set the player to LINE OUT mode, then i did, it didnot work as well, and there's no connection change PO to LO when i;m not used that 3,5mm port

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #3,757 of 6,983
They can't be connected since it's LINE OUT and there's no LINE IN on MOJO, i connected to mojo through USB C, and i think that's the only way, and i connected my can to mojo

Well like i said it only worked on mango player, spotify and others cannot function here, i think there's a binding audio source with mango player with the usb c port, i used debugging and still no luck yet

If you mean i must set the player to LINE OUT mode, then i did, it didnot work as well, and there's no connection change PO to LO when i;m not used that 3,5mm port
stupid question: are you using otg adapter?

Jun 1, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #3,758 of 6,983
stupid question: are you using otg adapter?

Yes, i used this one

fiio.jpg

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #3,759 of 6,983

I think you need Lurkers addon to enable usb out for other apps. But why would you want to bypass the DAC and amp section on the DX160.. I believe its a great player in its own right. The phone can be used with the Mojo.

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #3,761 of 6,983
I think you need Lurkers addon to enable usb out for other apps. But why would you want to bypass the DAC and amp section on the DX160.. I believe its a great player in its own right. The phone can be used with the Mojo.

I guess you're right

Just want to differentiate things, hehe that's all, i want mojo as a backup player, anyway problem solved, i just use coax connection instead of usb

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #3,762 of 6,983
I guess you're right

Just want to differentiate things, hehe that's all, i want mojo as a backup player, anyway problem solved, i just use coax connection instead of usb
Using spdif would have been my next advice but since you were asking about USB i didn't want to overstep :)

Jun 1, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3,763 of 6,983
Hey @Paul - iBasso
I see that dx160 has only 4 filters to select from.
But, if you'll see the CS43198 tech info it states that they have 5 filters.. 5th one being NOS mode.
Can we see NOS filter added in future updates ?

@Lurker0 Your firmware also supports 4 filters. Any chances of 5th filter being included in future updates ?

I am sure many dx160 owners would like to explore NOS filter/sound including me.

Thanks

Screenshot_20200601-200759_Drive.jpg

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #3,765 of 6,983
Hi, anybody knows if they managed to fix the screen interference (static noise) issue in the 2019 version when using sensitive IEMs via the 3.5mm output?

Also is the Wifi connection any better in this new one compared to before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back