iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 9, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #3,526 of 6,983
I bought music dap Ibasso dx 160 on December last year and when I connect to wifi at home if it’s not full range, I couldn’t play any music streaming or it will say no internet connection, is this problem happens to anyone?
does this problem happen normally?

I already called the shop that I bought he told me that it’s normally happened I just want to know that why this problem happened and is there anything could solve this problem to play music streaming normally or I can fix by myself
Because last year i also sent my dap to fix too because it couldn’t play any music so the dap has been sent to china for many months before the virus happened....
pls give me some advice

May 9, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #3,527 of 6,983
I bought music dap Ibasso dx 160 on December last year and when I connect to wifi at home if it’s not full range, I couldn’t play any music streaming or it will say no internet connection, is this problem happens to anyone?

I already called the shop that I bought he told me that it’s normally happened I just want to know that why this problem happened and is there anything could solve this problem to play music streaming normally or I can fix by myself
Because last year i also sent my dap to fix too because it couldn’t play any music so the dap has been sent to china for many months before the virus happened....
pls give me some advice

Maybe it's due same issues that we are discussion from a couple of pages back.

It's not happening to all users, but for sure is because Oreo android OS, because it's common to find it in other devices.

The fact that DX160 has an Oreo customised ROM, with some features missing, don't let you changed some settings that could solve those problems.

I'm almost giving Up to search for a workaround, and change to lukker add-on or purify ROM.

Maybe you should try that also.

May 9, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #3,528 of 6,983
Or for that matter using it to listen to music over BT
“LDAC is a proprietary audio coding technology developed by Sony, which allows streaming high-resolution audio over Bluetooth connections at up to 990 kbps at 24 bit/96 kHz.”
990 kbps meets or exceeds most lossless flac 16/44 rates.
The only reason I can see for your comment is device dac is bypassed by Qualcomm chipset?

May 9, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #3,529 of 6,983

Because last year i also sent my dap to fix too because it couldn’t play any music so the dap has been sent to China for many months before the virus happened....
pls give me some advice

Maybe you need a stronger Tri-band router that can push WIFI even further like a Linksys Max-Stream AC2200 or buy a wifi extender to get better coverage in your house.
My DX 160 has these issues so that's what I did.If you have a dual-band router (most people do), Someone also said on here that if you connect to the 5Ghz band, the connection is more stable. That may mean going into your router settings and turning off 2.4Ghz band.

May 9, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #3,530 of 6,983
.....Someone also said on here that if you connect to the 5Ghz band, the connection is more stable. That may mean going into your router settings and turning off 2.4Ghz band.

It's not granted that will work, I've 2 routers, one at 2,4 Ghz and the other at 5 Ghz and the wifi connection problem it's the same.

I've also a Fiio M6 with andoid 7.0 that works well with both routers when streamig.

May 9, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #3,531 of 6,983
“LDAC is a proprietary audio coding technology developed by Sony, which allows streaming high-resolution audio over Bluetooth connections at up to 990 kbps at 24 bit/96 kHz.”
990 kbps meets or exceeds most lossless flac 16/44 rates.
The only reason I can see for your comment is device dac is bypassed by Qualcomm chipset?
Also don't forget about the LHDC protocol used in something like the Hifiman Ananda BT headphones: HERE

It's not granted that will work, I've 2 routers, one at 2,4 Ghz and the other at 5 Ghz and the wifi connection problem it's the same.

I've also a Fiio M6 with andoid 7.0 that works well with both routers when streamig.

I don't think the range issue is the same as the disonncecting issue. I believe that the wifi range issue is more likely a hardware issue. Whether that be too small of an antenna or something else, I cannot answer. For myself, I use 5ghz for stability, and I have not connection issues, but the range I can be away from the router is much shorter than it is with something like my Note 9 phone, or Surface Pro tablet, or gaming laptop, etc... I also don't believe installing another ROM will fix this (it might fix the wifi disconnecting every so often with screen off though).

May 9, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #3,533 of 6,983
Also, as far as BT, device like es100 has its own dac, so I reckon whatever may be lost quality wise with Qualcomm chip is recaptured by es100 dac?
You are correct, but also note that all BT headphones have their own DAC. So, the quality that is played is not exceeded by the quality of the lowest part of the chain. If your DAP can only transmit 16/44 then that is all that you will get on the other side. So listening to a 24/96 file on BT headphones should sound the same on the DX as it does on an android phone (assuming the phone is capable of 24/96, and you are using the same BT headphones on both devices, and there is no DSP coloring the sound). You are just using the DAP (or phone) as a transport, and the headphones are doing all the work (sound-wise). This is why really the only thing that matters (as far as BT sound quality) is which codec it is capable of using. If you have LDAC capable headphones but your DAP can only output using SBC, 16/44 320Kbs is the best you will get (for instance), and the chip, op-amps, etc... in the DAP (or transport device) don't really make any difference.

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #3,534 of 6,983
May 9, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #3,535 of 6,983
i owned both

even from the SE its already good
I wouldn't have thought the HD650 couldn't be driven to full potential out of SE from the DX since they are a 300ohm phone with SE only being 390milliwatts. It's good to hear that you think they DO in fact sound good. Can you manage any volume out of SE? My HD700 are only 150 ohm and don't sound very good out of SE (and lack any sort of volume). But, I can bet they probably sound pretty darned good from the 4.4mm jack since it outputs 2.1watts (I know my HD700 does).

May 9, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #3,536 of 6,983
I wouldn't have thought the HD650 couldn't be driven to full potential out of SE from the DX since they are a 300ohm phone with SE only being 390milliwatts. It's good to hear that you think they DO in fact sound good. Can you manage any volume out of SE? My HD700 are only 150 ohm and don't sound very good out of SE (and lack any sort of volume). But, I can bet they probably sound pretty darned good from the 4.4mm jack since it outputs 2.1watts (I know my HD700 does).
i use it on 4.4 all the time
from my usage SE can drive the 650 pretty well but not at full potential. even 4.4 cant do at full potential, u need desktop grade amp for that

i owned HD700 before this and dont really think its a good combination with dx160
the synergy is out of place, u need warm hp for dx160

May 9, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #3,537 of 6,983
i use it on 4.4 all the time
from my usage SE can drive the 650 pretty well but not at full potential. even 4.4 cant do at full potential, u need desktop grade amp for that

i owned HD700 before this and dont really think its a good combination with dx160
the synergy is out of place, u need warm hp for dx160
I have never heard the HD650 from a portable DAP so I can't speak to it, but considering how efficient they are and the wattage the DX has, I figured they should be able to be driven from 4.4mm. Of course "on paper" doesn't always count, so there's that...

Agreed that the HD700 don't sound quite right without DSP, but with a bit of EQ they sound exceptional (IMO). I think it is just the tuning for the HD700, that they need some EQ no matter what DAP or player you listen to them from. (also IMO) I actually think that you want bright phones with the DX because it itself is on the warm side of neutral. If you use warm phones with a warm DAP it will be very warm (unless warm is the signature you seek, which I don't).

Think I used the word "warm" too many times in one sentence? heh :)

May 9, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #3,538 of 6,983
I have never heard the HD650 from a portable DAP so I can't speak to it, but considering how efficient they are and the wattage the DX has, I figured they should be able to be driven from 4.4mm. Of course "on paper" doesn't always count, so there's that...

Agreed that the HD700 don't sound quite right without DSP, but with a bit of EQ they sound exceptional (IMO). I think it is just the tuning for the HD700, that they need some EQ no matter what DAP or player you listen to them from. (also IMO) I actually think that you want bright phones with the DX because it itself is on the warm side of neutral. If you use warm phones with a warm DAP it will be very warm (unless warm is the signature you seek, which I don't).

Think I used the word "warm" too many times in one sentence? heh :)
HD700 will only sound good if u use tube amp, just my 2 cent. I dont eq. Much prefer raw sound from hardware

May 10, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #3,540 of 6,983
Has anyone tried the DX160 with AMP9? Does it bests FiiO ;M11 PRO?

Well, I did have to beat the DX160 and AMP9 for a while to get them to match up but then got bored and went onto something else, like buying another DX160, since all I have now is a mess of metal, silicon chips, glass and plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back