iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 15, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #2,731 of 6,983
Has anyone else tried playing DSD512 tracks in Neutron? It works for me even though the DX160 only lists DSD256 support. Any way to verify the full bit rate is actually playing?

Feb 15, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #2,733 of 6,983
Hello,

Is there a known problem with Spotify since the latest update? I can’t start the app anymore. I tried to reinstall the app and after this failed, i tried a factory reset... I have no chance to start the app anymore. With tidal there is no problem

Feb 15, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #2,734 of 6,983
So far Im enjoying the DX160. An issue I noticed with it is with Mango player. Once in a while there are songs that get jumbled out of arrangement. Other issues with it about the battery are all acceptable tho since we're using Android now with the exception of the fast battery drain while connected to wifi

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #2,735 of 6,983
Maybe putting then protective film over it would reduce sensitivity

I do have a protective film sticked on it. Used the one that came with the DX160. But I find that the issue is when you hold it up by the sides, any slight holding on the sides will trigger the backwards, play/pause, or forward button.

So I have to take note not to touch the buttons and hold it by the lower part when getting it out of my pockets or picking it up.

I wonder what casings are others using or just the stock standard ones.

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #2,737 of 6,983
I do have a protective film sticked on it. Used the one that came with the DX160. But I find that the issue is when you hold it up by the sides, any slight holding on the sides will trigger the backwards, play/pause, or forward button.

So I have to take note not to touch the buttons and hold it by the lower part when getting it out of my pockets or picking it up.

I wonder what casings are others using or just the stock standard ones.

Are you talking about the screen protector, or the silicone case? Because, I find with the silicone protector, it is actually pretty hard to accidentally press the buttons. Or if you would rather, you can turn off the hardware buttons altogether. I have noticed that sometimes they don't work anyhow. You have to turn the screen on to "wake" them back up. The volume wheel always works though.

As for screen sensitivity, there isn't a setting for that (that I have found). I am looking into using ABD to enable/disable settings that are hidden, but are in android 8.1 (like Wifi sleeping after a certain period of time).

Feb 17, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #2,739 of 6,983
Whoever suggested to get the Audiosense T800 because they pair well with the DX160 was SPOT-ON (and thank you very much for the suggestion). I absolutely love the signature of my HE400S paired with this device, but when I want more clarity and more quantity of bass the T800 are a super hot ticket.

Feb 17, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #2,740 of 6,983
Are you talking about the screen protector, or the silicone case? Because, I find with the silicone protector, it is actually pretty hard to accidentally press the buttons. Or if you would rather, you can turn off the hardware buttons altogether. I have noticed that sometimes they don't work anyhow. You have to turn the screen on to "wake" them back up. The volume wheel always works though.

As for screen sensitivity, there isn't a setting for that (that I have found). I am looking into using ABD to enable/disable settings that are hidden, but are in android 8.1 (like Wifi sleeping after a certain period of time).
I don't mean the screen sensitivity. Personally for me is the silicone case. Just have to be more careful when holding the DX160. It would have been helpful if the top power button function could switch place with the play pause. Hitting play pause position button accidentallt if it was on off button will not disrupt the playback. Most to most it just turns the screen on and we could easily turn it back. Not a biggie. Not sure if there are others who feels the same.

Disabling the button does not work for me because I need to use it while on the go when it's in my pocket.

Tested the M11, M11 Pro, Hiby R5 and R6 Pro but settled on this which has no demo set as the seller said the demo set was faulty. Glad I took the risk. When I paid and tried it, it was really nice especially with the 4.4mm balanced cable. The difference of SE and balanced on my KZ ZSX is quite significant in my opinion. I definitely believe there is a better iem to pair with the DX160. For now, this suffice. Ordered the Blon iem to try.
Giving myself more time to slowly enjoy the upgrading process.

Feb 17, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #2,741 of 6,983
Loving it. Truly enjoying this player. I was using the KZ ZSX with stock cable when I bought the DX160. Asked to demo the 4.4 balanced cable and was immediately sold. It made the stock cable sound super crappy.

Attachments

• IMG_20200212_080524.jpg
    IMG_20200212_080524.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Feb 17, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #2,742 of 6,983
Loving it. Truly enjoying this player. I was using the KZ ZSX with stock cable when I bought the DX160. Asked to demo the 4.4 balanced cable and was immediately sold. It made the stock cable sound super crappy.

Being a hybrid, you could also switch between silver and copper too, because they DO in fact make a measurable difference in BA earphones (that and the fact that those IEMs are very sensitive and easy to drive). And I also agree 100%. Balanced cable made my HE400S's come to life even more than they were out of 3.5.

Tested the M11, M11 Pro, Hiby R5 and R6 Pro but settled on this which has no demo set as the seller said the demo set was faulty. Glad I took the risk. When I paid and tried it, it was really nice especially with the 4.4mm balanced cable. The difference of SE and balanced on my KZ ZSX is quite significant in my opinion. I definitely believe there is a better iem to pair with the DX160. For now, this suffice. Ordered the Blon iem to try.
Giving myself more time to slowly enjoy the upgrading process.

Don't be in a hurry. You like what you like. The bests IEMs are the ones you like the most... :) Heck, I still listen to my Xiaomi Piston 2.1 IEMs all the time (though they don't sound as good out of the DX160 as they do my Fiio X5... Just TOO much bass), and they were $12.00.

Feb 17, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #2,743 of 6,983
I was using the 4.4 balanced cable all along. And now the cable one side is faulty. Need to send for check. So I switched to 3.5mm. But for 3.5mm if inserted fully, I can only hear music and a faint vocal. If I pull out the jack out a bit then it's normal sound and I can hear the vocal. This happens to a few earphones that I tried including my KX ZSX with stock cables. I remembered that when I tested the unit it was working fine when fully inserted. I don't mind it protruding out a little but it's not tight. Anyone had the same issue and what's the work around?

Tried to do a factory reset but its the same. And after doing factory reset the playstore is missing but with APKPure and CoolApk added. Firmware after factory reset is at the latest 1.04.150

Feb 18, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #2,744 of 6,983
I was using the 4.4 balanced cable all along. And now the cable one side is faulty. Need to send for check. So I switched to 3.5mm. But for 3.5mm if inserted fully, I can only hear music and a faint vocal. If I pull out the jack out a bit then it's normal sound and I can hear the vocal. This happens to a few earphones that I tried including my KX ZSX with stock cables. I remembered that when I tested the unit it was working fine when fully inserted. I don't mind it protruding out a little but it's not tight. Anyone had the same issue and what's the work around?

Tried to do a factory reset but its the same. And after doing factory reset the playstore is missing but with APKPure and CoolApk added. Firmware after factory reset is at the latest 1.04.150

I have a similar experience with a 3.5mm plug with mic. Does not seem to be an issue with a 3.5mm plug without mic. Though, it really is bothering that you cant push any plug all the way to the dx160's 3.5mm and 4.4mm ports

Users who are viewing this thread

Back