iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 22, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #2,416 of 6,983
Will the DAC work in the Mango OS?

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #2,418 of 6,983
Just took delivery of this DAP and I'm finding it a pleasure to use.
Any UK Head-Fiers interested might want to have a look at the AMP3 site, they have a few open box units of these for £299 and mine was pristine.

I have a question about the @Lurker0 firmware mod. I just installed the Google Play Store app directly onto my device and it's working fine - I can link my normal Google account and download UAPP etc. I've had a look at the overview and it's not really clear to me what the firmware would do over and above what I've managed to make it do just by installing the Play store app. What am I missing? (I'm more than happy/comfortable flashing firmware, but I was wondering if the newer DX160s ship with an updated OS that makes the Lurker firmware slightly less of a "must-have"?)

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2,419 of 6,983
Any UK Head-Fiers interested might want to have a look at the AMP3 site, they have a few open box units of these for £299 and mine was pristine.

I have a question about the @Lurker0 firmware mod. I just installed the Google Play Store app directly onto my device and it's working fine - I can link my normal Google account and download UAPP etc. I've had a look at the overview and it's not really clear to me what the firmware would do over and above what I've managed to make it do just by installing the Play store app. What am I missing? (I'm more than happy/comfortable flashing firmware, but I was wondering if the newer DX160s ship with an updated OS that makes the Lurker firmware slightly less of a "must-have"?)

I asked this same question on the previous page. Go here:

https://github.com/Lurker00/DX160-Firmware-Add-on

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #2,420 of 6,983

I got mine from Amp3, but an unopened one using their Christmas discount code.
I found the Lurker firmware seemed to increase battery life a bit.

Jan 24, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #2,421 of 6,983
i love my DX160 with almost no reservation....except:
1. when playing Tidal Masters it always displays a resolution of 176.4MHz or similar, equivalent to a 4x unfold, while my MQA-capable desktop DAC clearly shows that most of these files don't have that resolution. Is it oversampling or displaying the wrong info? I strongly suspect that if it were MQA-certified (which it is not (yet?)) then it would display and behave correctly. (I'm not saying this is audible :wink: but it bothers me, tbh.)
2. will it ever be MQA-certified?
3. it's still not on http://ibasso.com/ ***! :wink:

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #2,425 of 6,983
i love my DX160 with almost no reservation....except:
1. when playing Tidal Masters it always displays a resolution of 176.4MHz or similar, equivalent to a 4x unfold, while my MQA-capable desktop DAC clearly shows that most of these files don't have that resolution. Is it oversampling or displaying the wrong info? I strongly suspect that if it were MQA-certified (which it is not (yet?)) then it would display and behave correctly. (I'm not saying this is audible :wink: but it bothers me, tbh.)
2. will it ever be MQA-certified?
3. it's still not on http://ibasso.com/ ***! :wink:

It unfolds right IMO try "come together" from the Beatles. Here it flags 192khz.
Just as the downloaded version and played on Mango Player.

Jan 24, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #2,429 of 6,983
Left it as zip. I downloaded with chrome on the dx160 and moved it to root folder.
You have to download the zip, unzip it and there is a new zip that is the actual firmware. That is the zip you use on a card to do the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back