iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 13, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #1,531 of 6,983
I know some people want to defend the company and their purchase of the DX160, but honestly it is better for iBasso to be informed of the problem now as it appears to be somewhat widespread. It's probably much easier to fix the defect (and it is certainly a defect) now than to have a pile of DX160's recalled or returned if there is no software fix.

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #1,533 of 6,983
I know some people want to defend the company and their purchase of the DX160, but honestly it is better for iBasso to be informed of the problem now as it appears to be somewhat widespread. It's probably much easier to fix the defect (and it is certainly a defect) now than to have a pile of DX160's recalled or returned if there is no software fix.

Of course! In my country (Spain) and all EU we have a refund policy, and if it does not work fine, I will return mine for sure.
I think that it is worse for iBasso than fix the problem now (software or hardware for the new units).

But it would be good if iBasso said something about this BT and wifi noise problems.

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #1,534 of 6,983
agreed!

But units have already been shipped worldwide. How did it come they didnt found the defect before?

Those units have to be fixed and used for replacements or sell them as refurbished

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #1,535 of 6,983
agreed!

But units have already been shipped worldwide. How did it come they didnt found the defect before?
My best guess is that it could be an issue that cropped up with the Bluetooth chip manufacturer after initial production units were tested and approval was given to move on to widescale production or the interference is coming from frequencies that were not prevalent during testing. That is giving iBasso the benefit of the doubt that there wasn't an issue with the testing procedures themselves. This is a really fantastic unit in many respects otherwise so I hope this problem gets sorted.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #1,537 of 6,983
Of course! In my country (Spain) and all EU we have a refund policy, and if it does not work fine, I will return mine for sure.
I think that it is worse for iBasso than fix the problem now (software or hardware for the new units).

But it would be good if iBasso said something about this BT and wifi noise problems.

Yes admit there's a problem and offer replacements/repairs or what not.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #1,538 of 6,983
SCAN 3a.jpg
With all the talk about the bluetooth I decided to try mine again. I used my Plantronics bluetooth headphones and turned the dx160 on an left it in bedroom 3 with the door shut as you can see on the scan I uploaded. I proceeded into the family room, than into the kitchen with no problem. As soon as I left the kitchen and went into the dining room the connection faded in and out a couple of times. Please excuse the fact that the wording is reversed. I flipped the image to the proper orientation of our home. I am going to try putting the dx160 in my pocket later and walking around with the headphones to see what happens.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #1,539 of 6,983
Not sure if this may help reduce WIFI OR Bluetooth noise/connection problems....
- Wifi can be sent on 2.4Ghz, 3,6Ghz, and 5Ghz. 2.4 and 5 are most common in modern routers.
- Bluetooth is 2.4Ghz.
- IF you are using 2.4GHz router, try switching to 5GHz. It may reduce "crosstalk" between the two. If BT and Wifi are using same antenna, impact of being on same frequency could be worse.
Not everyone has 5GHZ Wifi, but for those that do this is something easy to try.

General Info: Also, when active/on: Your Cell Phone, Fluorescent Lights, Microwave Ovens, television, Computer, etc... can cause noise or connectivity problems on Bluetooth and WIFI. Keeping both your bluetooth transmitter, and receiver a few feet away from these is a good idea. Also try to make sure that none of those come between you and the bluetooth DAP/Phone/(Transmitter). A room full of people between your bluetooth headphones and the Transmitter can also reduce range useable range,,,

Note the Plantronics Headphones use very basic/(low data rate) Bluetooth. And because of that alone, will have double or triple the range of someone trying to connect with LDAC 990. If working as Paul Described, the Plantronics should get "22 feet" of good bluetooth connectivity with with no walls or barriers.

For those with the DX160 not getting a stable bluetooth connection at "2 feet away", there is something very wrong. Either with the DX160 has a problem; Or your testing environment has a lot of signal interference (as listed above).

My last 2 cents on this. Would love to see this issue resolved. It does seem like some DX160's have bluetooth/wifi "as expected" for a DAP. And that others have poor bluetooth connectivity.

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #1,540 of 6,983
Not sure if this may help reduce WIFI OR Bluetooth noise/connection problems....
- Wifi can be sent on 2.4Ghz, 3,6Ghz, and 5Ghz. 2.4 and 5 are most common in modern routers.
- Bluetooth is 2.4Ghz.
- IF you are using 2.4GHz router, try switching to 5GHz. It may reduce "crosstalk" between the two. If BT and Wifi are using same antenna, impact of being on same frequency could be worse.
Not everyone has 5GHZ Wifi, but for those that do this is something easy to try.

General Info: Also, when active/on: Your Cell Phone, Fluorescent Lights, Microwave Ovens, television, Computer, etc... can cause noise or connectivity problems on Bluetooth and WIFI. Keeping both your bluetooth transmitter, and receiver a few feet away from these is a good idea. Also try to make sure that none of those come between you and the bluetooth DAP/Phone/(Transmitter). A room full of people between your bluetooth headphones and the Transmitter can also reduce range useable range,,,

Note the Plantronics Headphones use very basic/(low data rate) Bluetooth. And because of that alone, will have double or triple the range of someone trying to connect with LDAC 990. If working as Paul Described, the Plantronics should get "22 feet" of good bluetooth connectivity with with no walls or barriers.

For those with the DX160 not getting a stable bluetooth connection at "2 feet away", there is something very wrong. Either with the DX160 has a problem; Or your testing environment has a lot of signal interference (as listed above).

My last 2 cents on this. Would love to see this issue resolved. It does seem like some DX160's have bluetooth/wifi "as expected" for a DAP. And that others have poor bluetooth connectivity.

As one of those who had 'real' bluetooth problems, I was very sad to have to return it. It's the best sounding DAP I have heard and I hope for Paul and iBasso's sake they can fix the BT problems. The minute I even get a smell of a DX160 that works well I will get it. It's amazing because the iBasso when streaming Amazon HD is stunning.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #1,541 of 6,983
As one of those who had 'real' bluetooth problems, I was very sad to have to return it. It's the best sounding DAP I have heard and I hope for Paul and iBasso's sake they can fix the BT problems. The minute I even get a smell of a DX160 that works well I will get it. It's amazing because the iBasso when streaming Amazon HD is stunning.

My bluetooth sucks, but The sound and overall experience is just too good. I've got quite a few hours on this thing and it sounds a bit richer/warmer and better developed.

The tone with my iems is to die for. My other sources sound thinner and more digital.

That said if I wanted to use bluetooth with my current wireless buds I'd be ****ed.

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #1,542 of 6,983
Sorry to hear about Bluetooth issues but I can honestly say I’m not experiencing any Bluetooth issues with my DX160. Connection is stable with both my wireless headphones. The Sony WH-1000M3 & Bose Soundsport free. The player also connects to my Naim Mu-so & QB absolutely fine. I also agree Amazon HD sounds very, very good streaming from the DX160.

Nov 13, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #1,543 of 6,983
Sorry to hear about Bluetooth issues but I can honestly say I’m not experiencing any Bluetooth issues with my DX160. Connection is stable with both my wireless headphones. The Sony WH-1000M3 & Bose Soundsport free. The player also connects to my Naim Mu-so & QB absolutely fine. I also agree Amazon HD sounds very, very good streaming from the DX160.

Wait till they get amazon HD running full tilt :)

Nov 13, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #1,544 of 6,983

I wish you could easily try another one to see if you still had the bluetooth problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back