iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 12, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #1,516 of 6,983
but pretending people should live with the problems or not expect the DX160 to have generally stable WiFi or BT is beyond belief.

Not saying that people should live with the problem. Saying that you should return it and move on to another dap. For those who haven't purchased yet, skip it all together if bt is important to you.

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #1,517 of 6,983
Not saying that people should live with the problem. Saying that you should return it and move on to another dap. For those who haven't purchased yet, skip it all together if bt is important to you.
I personally won't use BT however the so called wifi noise would be a PITA!

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #1,518 of 6,983
I was saving up for either shanling M6 or this ibasso DX160 for my portable use, but then read up about e1da usb that reviewed to be very good in sound that can be compared to $500 DAP,
so any DX160 user that coincidentally have that e1da DAC too? I want to know the comparison and which one sounded better, just the SQ only, put aside price and other features. Thanks in advance

Nov 12, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #1,519 of 6,983
Please try the WiFi as well. If this is not working correctly or a very short distance, then the antenna has come loose inside. If that is the case please ask to exchange the unit.

Wifi no problem with connection, although when using wifi and download or transfer music, it's got hot. Is antenna for Bluetooth and wifi using same one ?
If wifi no problem, but bluetooth problem, can i exchange unit, or all of it bluetooth have sampe problem ?

Only if that simple. Lets me ask @Paul - iBasso , can i refund my dx160 to your reseller without fight for it's first ?
Because in my country (indonesia) there is no such refundable thing like other country

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #1,521 of 6,983
Hi guys, just got my 4.4 bal cable today and paired it with the Audiosense T800. However when I plug it into DX160 4.4 Bal, there is no sound coming out from the DX160.

Do you need to do some special adjustment or it is just plug and play? Thanks guys

Nov 13, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #1,523 of 6,983

I have no intention of moving on to another DAP. I am returning it. It did not even hold a 2 metre line of sight signal. As soon as the issue is fixed I will buy the DX160 again. I'm happy for you if your unit works but have a little empathy for those whose DX160's don't work properly. And if you are the sort have some empathy for the Retailers.....and Paul at iBasso who have to fix this problem. I have every intention of supporting iBasso and getting a fully functional DX160.

Nov 13, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #1,527 of 6,983
So what is R5 like vs DX160.. Sorry i cannot buy DX160 if bluetooth is as poor as claimed by multiple users. need 20 feet range clear line of sight really.
Clearly it's a problem! Res ipsa loquitur.

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #1,529 of 6,983
Clearly it's a problem! Res ipsa loquitur.

Yes I tried bt last night walking away from my phone and pc and movement caused break ups. Wifi works fine, so it's not a loose antenna and ever other dap has worked fine with these Sony buds.

Probably from emi interference. I can't imagine it having a weaker transmitter than ap80.

Houston, we have a problem.

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #1,530 of 6,983
Anyone compared the line out to a desktop DAC like the Bimby or the SU-8? Happy with the dx160 as it sounds so good connected to the cayin iha-6 and HD800 but tempted to buy a Desktop DAC.

With the wifi problem and Bluetooth, i have no sensitive IEM so im good with it and i dont use bluetooth. But it connect to my wife's sabbat x12 ultra flawlessly but cant connect to any car audio bluetooth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back