iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 2, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #2,086 of 6,983
I’m close to buying this dap, just want to make sure of a couple of things since this is what i will use them for mostly:
Can i install apple music? I read that u can install the play store now? Or is that for custom roms?

As for tidal and spotify, i can have the offline music stored on the micro sd card? There are no issues with this? Many thanks :)

Jan 3, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #2,087 of 6,983
I’m close to buying this dap, just want to make sure of a couple of things since this is what i will use them for mostly:
Can i install apple music? I read that u can install the play store now? Or is that for custom roms?

As for tidal and spotify, i can have the offline music stored on the micro sd card? There are no issues with this? Many thanks :)

Yes with Play Store. And Yes you can install Play Store via apkpure or custom Lurker0 Firmware.

And yes you can store offline music on SDCard. I use Spotify and Qobuz and do that.

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #2,088 of 6,983
Hi Guys,

I got a feedback from ibasso China online wechat.

Question:
Why there is a pop/click sound at the beginning when I play dff, dsd, ISO files. and why others wav, flac...etc do not have this sound?
Ans from iBasso. It's the hardware decode sound since Mango player use hardware decode. wav, flac are software decode.

Is this true guys?

I also wonder other music players app e.g UAPP, Poweramp, hiby...etc all use software decode? that's why on the top of the screen when u wipe down it's down sampling not showing DSD64... but 192KHz.

Thanks guys.

Cheers,
Billy

Jan 3, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #2,089 of 6,983
Hi Guys,

I got a feedback from ibasso China online wechat.

Question:
Why there is a pop/click sound at the beginning when I play dff, dsd, ISO files. and why others wav, flac...etc do not have this sound?
Ans from iBasso. It's the hardware decode sound since Mango player use hardware decode. wav, flac are software decode.

Is this true guys?

I also wonder other music players app e.g UAPP, Poweramp, hiby...etc all use software decode? that's why on the top of the screen when u wipe down it's down sampling not showing DSD64... but 192KHz.

Thanks guys.

Cheers,
Billy
It would also be productive and allow the devs of the apps to reply if you post this question on the UAPP and Neutron threads on headfi.

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #2,093 of 6,983
What charger are you all using for maximum charge speed? Would the below charger max out charging performance?

https://smile.amazon.com/Charger-An...rds=anker+usb+c+charger&qid=1578075453&sr=8-4
The DX160 supposedly can fast charge via Quick Charge or Power Delivery (it says this in the new manual link two posts up). With that said I have been unable to get the DX160 to fast charge off any Power Delivery wall charger. It does fast charge off my Quick Charge wall charger.

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #2,094 of 6,983
The DX160 supposedly can fast charge via Quick Charge or Power Delivery (it says this in the new manual link two posts up). With that said I have been unable to get the DX160 to fast charge off any Power Delivery wall charger. It does fast charge off my Quick Charge wall charger.

Yeah I noticed the same thing with my Pixel 2 charger. It does not state fast charging. What quick charge charger do you have?

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #2,095 of 6,983
Jan 3, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #2,096 of 6,983
Jan 3, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #2,097 of 6,983
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #2,098 of 6,983
Awesome thanks. So the ibasso manual is just lying about Power Delivery 2.0? That must be why it comes with a USB C to USB A cable. Because it works with chargers that have a Quick Charge port.
Make sure you are on the latest firmware. We are not lying about charging the DX160. I have a PD charger right here that I use and it works as intended with the DX160. Many chargers and transferring ports are USB A. We include that with the DX. There are many cables available that can be purchased that will work and work fine with the DX160 from USB C 3.0 to 3.1 etc.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 3, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #2,099 of 6,983
Make sure you are on the latest firmware. We are not lying about charging the DX160. I have a PD charger right here that I use and it works as intended with the DX160. Many chargers and transferring ports are USB A. We include that with the DX. There are many cables available that can be purchased that will work and work fine with the DX160 from USB C 3.0 to 3.1 etc.

Hi Paul, thanks for the response. I do have the latest firmware and a PD 2.0 Charger but it is not fast charging with a USB C to C cable. I will try some other cables and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back