iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Dec 28, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #2,056 of 6,983
BT range seems to be just a few yards, and breakup is much more pronounced than most devices I've used. I just briefly tested it, but with a good home (powered) BT receiver with ldac. I may try my btr3, but expect it to be the same. Wired sound is just so good that I don't care much. If you're using BT the Amp in the rx or connected to the rx is 'the sound', so the dap is really not that important (so I will just use my phone for all wireless playing). I bought this for the daps' SQ, and that's what I get wired, am really enjoying it!

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #2,057 of 6,983
Dear Guys,

Another question and not directly related to dx160 but somehow maybe also for some other people interesting..

Can anyone suggest a player which works for large collection in an acceptable way. In the one or the other way, I experience problems with all of them.

Im using a 1TB micro Sd with a little more then 80000 files in 320kb/s mp3 quality.

Poweramp for example fails lately to scan all the files. For any reason it dosnt recognize added folders after 80230 files.

USB audio Player doesnt have a setting for genre tag divider, means don't accept multiple genre tags. (I use ";" as a divider)
Additionally usb audio player need more then 14hours to scan the SD card.

Alll other like hiby, Mango player, fail already at scanning stage. (take forever, never stop).

Maybe there is omeone who have experience managing this big library?

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #2,058 of 6,983
Dear Guys,

Another question and not directly related to dx160 but somehow maybe also for some other people interesting..

Can anyone suggest a player which works for large collection in an acceptable way. In the one or the other way, I experience problems with all of them.

Im using a 1TB micro Sd with a little more then 80000 files in 320kb/s mp3 quality.

Poweramp for example fails lately to scan all the files. For any reason it dosnt recognize added folders after 80230 files.

USB audio Player doesnt have a setting for genre tag divider, means don't accept multiple genre tags. (I use ";" as a divider)
Additionally usb audio player need more then 14hours to scan the SD card.

Alll other like hiby, Mango player, fail already at scanning stage. (take forever, never stop).

Maybe there is omeone who have experience managing this big library?
I use a 1tb in the DX160. No issues at all and it takes around 15 minutes to scan. I would do a tag check with an app.

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #2,059 of 6,983
I use a 1tb in the DX160. No issues at all and it takes around 15 minutes to scan. I would do a tag check with an app.
Have a feeling his problem is handling the shear number of files, nd not just the 1TB overall size of the files. Over 80,000 music files is quite a lot for a player to inventory.
-But you are 100% correct that bad/problem tagging of files can make problems for any player.

Dec 28, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #2,061 of 6,983

Can you please let me know your number of files and the player you use?

I also think, it's the number of files which os making the trouble..

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #2,063 of 6,983
I recently received the player and am still checking things out. I’m flicking between hiby player and mango app for playback. I’ve noticed that when playing a dsd/dsf file on hiby, despite the app showing the bitrates etc, the small android UI drop down at the top shows 48.0kHz (see photo). The mango app shows the correct info in the drop down. Is there a reason why the hiby app is down sampling? Dsd is set to native which should work. On another note, equalisation does not appear to be working in the mango app. Anybody else had this experience??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Dec 29, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #2,064 of 6,983
Just got my Dx160 in and have been enjoying it during break in. I am having one glaring issue with Mango player. When I search for an artist via the search bar and find them, when I click on album it doesn't show the albums in list view. I can only see all the tracks in alphabetical order. This is frankly, really stupid. I have to scroll to find the artist I want to get to a list view of albums. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a workaround, or a better music player I can download?

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #2,065 of 6,983
I recently received the player and am still checking things out. I’m flicking between hiby player and mango app for playback. I’ve noticed that when playing a dsd/dsf file on hiby, despite the app showing the bitrates etc, the small android UI drop down at the top shows 48.0kHz (see photo). The mango app shows the correct info in the drop down. Is there a reason why the hiby app is down sampling? Dsd is set to native which should work. On another note, equalisation does not appear to be working in the mango app. Anybody else had this experience??

Same here. I also noticed hiby player play in less volume/gain or less dynamic compare with mango player at same volume level and gain.

But mango player has popping/click sound when starting dsf or iso files. Anyone know why?

Jan 1, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #2,066 of 6,983
So I browsed and searched and didnt see anything 100% on this. I have had mine for about a week and use for streaming mainly for now.

It seems like the wifi goes into sleep mode after sitting for 15 minutes or so even while streaming Tidal. Most android phones dont do this and the ones that do had an option in the settings to toggle this feature off. I cant find this in the settings and think it would resolve those issues?

Ideas anyone?

Jan 1, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #2,068 of 6,983
I've been using dbPowerAmp for several years (hope it's still around). Ripped my entire collection of CDs a few years ago (10k), but never had a problem. Had a paid version of it, but think you can get a free version or trial if you only need to rip a few. It can rip to different formats-- I usually rip a FLAC and 320mbps MP3 copy when I buy a new CD. Store them on multiple (redundant) drives.

Jan 1, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #2,069 of 6,983
I've been using dbPowerAmp for several years (hope it's still around). Ripped my entire collection of CDs a few years ago (10k), but never had a problem. Had a paid version of it, but think you can get a free version or trial if you only need to rip a few. It can rip to different formats-- I usually rip a FLAC and 320mbps MP3 copy when I buy a new CD. Store them on multiple (redundant) drives.
Thanks, I’ll have a look for it.

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #2,070 of 6,983
So I browsed and searched and didnt see anything 100% on this. I have had mine for about a week and use for streaming mainly for now.

It seems like the wifi goes into sleep mode after sitting for 15 minutes or so even while streaming Tidal. Most android phones dont do this and the ones that do had an option in the settings to toggle this feature off. I cant find this in the settings and think it would resolve those issues?

Ideas anyone?

I have mine for 3 days and I have exactly the same problem, in standby mode, screen off the wifi cuts in streaming Tidal even with Tidal on UAPP after 15 minutes. There is indeed no parameter to cut the standby mode of the wifi, I am looking for a solution with an application but it does not work, if someone can help us. I hope for an update.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back