iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 1, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #1,171 of 6,983
I wondered same thing. If I have to fall back to original firmware (remove lurker) so I can then update, will I lose all my settings in neutron etc?

Or will the APK stay in place through this process of upgrading to latest firmware and latest lurker add-on?

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #1,172 of 6,983
no

why? this is not an ibasso feature, but the DAC's feature. Even the DAC manufacturer won't explain them in practical terms most of the time, though you can see the specs on their spec sheet (if available). If you want to learn about digital reconstruction filters, how they work, and what they do to phase, impulse, and frequency response, there's tons available online. Unfortunately, I can't link to them because links to other forums are not allowed when posting.

To get you started, search "minimum phase vs linear phase DAC filter"
Why? Because Ibasso has decided to use that dac in their product. A product that has Ibasso name on it. Ibasso is responsible to explain every parameter offered within their operating menu. If the 4 options in question offer nothing. Then leave them out. . Ibasso should want their owners to know, About these options if they offer sonic improvements.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #1,173 of 6,983
Why? Because Ibasso has decided to use that dac in their product. If the settings of the dac offer different advantages. Ibasso should want their owners to know. If the settings have know advantages. Then leave those parameters out.

Has anybody ever seen an example of a DAP or DAC whose manual provided a comprehensible explanation of what filter settings do? Bonus points if they could hear a difference : )

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #1,178 of 6,983
Looks like after last update dx160 is no longer recognizable by my pc. Not only as a usb dac but also as a portable memory. Windows just say USB device not recognized. Installing drivers didnt do nothing. Its weird because it was working on older firmwares. Anyone else has this issue?

No issues for me.

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #1,179 of 6,983
Has anybody ever seen an example of a DAP or DAC whose manual provided a comprehensible explanation of what filter settings do? Bonus points if they could hear a difference : )
Chord Hugo TT2 page 45. My Oppo UDP-205's DAC has a variety of filters on offer. In the manual it simply says that some users may prefer one filter to another! At the end of the day such filters offer a subtle type of tone control. The user needs to decide which is to his or her preference.

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #1,180 of 6,983
is it really need to factory reset each time i restore and update ota and add on ?

I wondered same thing. If I have to fall back to original firmware (remove lurker) so I can then update, will I lose all my settings in neutron etc?

Or will the APK stay in place through this process of upgrading to latest firmware and latest lurker add-on?

I'm curious about this, too, as I'm planning on updating soon.

Nov 2, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #1,181 of 6,983
f I have to fall back to original firmware (remove lurker) so I can then update, will I lose all my settings in neutron etc?
If you roll back using the package I provided, without doing factory reset, Neutron (and other apps) will stay intact. So, the steps to firmware upgrade just do the upgrade, without loosing any data.

But, if you want just to revert to the official firmware, you'll have some traces of the add-on left, e.g. not working Play Store. Also, if your Neutron license is bound to Play Store, Neutron will fail to check it one day.

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #1,182 of 6,983
I'll probably just buy one when everything is "fixed" OOTB. It is not cheap... So I refused to be a guinea pig for something I paid good money for...

Nov 2, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #1,184 of 6,983
I only have one pair of bluetooth headphones, they work great on everything but dx160. So for me the bluetooth is weak and I can't put the 160 in a pocket and walk because it will cut out with my movement. So it's pretty much unusable unless I set it on the table right next to me and don't move.

I didn't change any settings and high quality audio is set. Maybe my headphones don't like bluetooth 5 ?

Anyways just saying the problem is real, and hopefully it gets fixed. I probably won't even use it, but what's the sense of including it if it doesn't function properly?

I don't see a grid on mine, but like I said I did see a grid on the m11. As long as they work I dont care.

And regarding digital cut off filters, they do alter the sound but it's very subtle. I found it's best to just listen to them all and see if one strikes your fancy. I usually go with a fast roll off.

And if you don't notice any difference, just flip a coin. Then go see an audiologist stat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back