iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Dec 5, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #1,816 of 6,983
Because I suspect it isn't a true line out, although Paul said it is, .. But, from my understanding, a true line-out would have it's own dedicated connector to bypass the amp section... like you'd find in iBasso's DX90, DX80, and the DX120 (which actually has 3 separate connectors--Line Out, 3.5mm, and 2.5 mm balanced). A true line-out would not share a connector with a headphone-out.
I understand your suspicion but I think I can tell sound difference berween LO and HO modes, but on the other hand LO is ridiculously loud which is also very weird.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #1,817 of 6,983
Strange, on the contrary WiFi is working great for me but I have two Google WiFi set up at 5Ghz flawless connection and speed
Me too.. its working and streaming excellent with Amazon HD , downloaded album for off line in seconds.
I think anyone not happy has to get price spec into perspective, this is not your 1000 dollar smart phone. Im not saying it couldn't be a little better in some area's, battery, bluetooth, Wifi could all be a tad better but no one can knock the audio quality on the dx160, it sounds way above its price point in my opinion and I would take it over most out there at the minute.

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #1,818 of 6,983
I just made these videos for Ibasso Dx160. Impression and UI responsiveness

please spare some of your time to watch it and see how it impress me

thanks for your time

It can drive HD800S but not as well as Dx220 and Amp8 on the power output delivery front

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #1,819 of 6,983
I just received the DX160 that I ordered over the weekend. The UI is very responsive indeed. But, there is a major issue. The DX160 can't get recognized by Windows 10 as a USB DAC. The DX160 has the latest firmware installed (1.02.109). The USB driver was installed on my PC successfully (digital signature turned off). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 6, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #1,820 of 6,983
Dont hang out for an answer. I had a similar issue and emailed Paul from Ibasso directly about it. And guess what? No reply! Their service is just as crap as their products.

Dec 6, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #1,821 of 6,983
I just received the DX160 that I ordered over the weekend. The UI is very responsive indeed. But, there is a major issue. The DX160 can't get recognized by Windows 10 as a USB DAC. The DX160 has the latest firmware installed (1.02.109). The USB driver was installed on my PC successfully (digital signature turned off). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I also have mentioned the same issue on here a few times and I still can't get it to work.

I have tried getting it to work on an Asus and a HP laptop, both using the latest Windows 10. I have tried several times and I am an experienced USB DAC user, but to no avail.

I guess it does not work but Ibasso will not admit it?

Dec 6, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #1,822 of 6,983
Dont hang out for an answer. I had a similar issue and emailed Paul from Ibasso directly about it. And guess what? No reply! Their service is just as crap as their products.
I guess that you are feeling a bit like this! :ksc75smile:
giphy.gif

Guys, Mango Player stopped working for me a few days ago so I have been forced to use Viper instead. Any suggestions?

Dec 6, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #1,823 of 6,983

Yeah, fans won't like hearing this but iBasso has a history of problem-riddled products, which is well documented in forums. I've had several iBasso products (amps, DAPs, etc.) and only the IT01 has been fault free for me. That doesn't mean their products don't sound great, though, when operational.

Dec 6, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #1,824 of 6,983
In all fairness, Paul already mentioned that

1/ you need a driver for Windows 10

2/ you turn on USB DAC within Mango Player

?

video showing how it is supposed to work here. If it does not, get the unit replaced ?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #1,825 of 6,983

I don't have direct experience with DX160, only DX220 but it should be the same. Did you turn on the "USB DAC" mode in the Mango player (through settings menu)? Sometimes I have to unplug and plug the USB cable while in USB DAC mode for Windows to recognize it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #1,826 of 6,983
I don't have direct experience with DX160, only DX220 but it should be the same. Did you turn on the "USB DAC" mode in the Mango player (through settings menu)? Sometimes I have to unplug and plug the USB cable while in USB DAC mode for Windows to recognize it.

Hope this helps.

I had to do the same and then it worked fine, I've also tried installing the driver provided in the first post of this thread by Paul from iBasso but the driver never recognized the DX160 in DAC mode so for me it didn't work..

I had a Beyerdynamic Impacto DAC using a very similar driver as the DX160 and works properly, this driver for the Impacto DAC provides not only DirectSound for windows10 but also ASIO support to use it with Foobar2000, which is amazing.. ASIO support with a working driver would be an awesome addition to this already great DAP

Dec 6, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #1,827 of 6,983
I had to do the same and then it worked fine, I've also tried installing the driver provided in the first post of this thread by Paul from iBasso but the driver never recognized the DX160 in DAC mode so for me it didn't work..

I had a Beyerdynamic Impacto DAC using a very similar driver as the DX160 and works properly, this driver for the Impacto DAC provides not only DirectSound for windows10 but also ASIO support to use it with Foobar2000, which is amazing.. ASIO support with a working driver would be an awesome addition to this already great DAP

Some of your USB port may not be compatible, try switching it to another USB ports.

Dec 6, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #1,830 of 6,983
Thanks to everyone who provided comments and suggestions. I did watch the video.

I have already downloaded the DAC driver from iBasso site before watching the video. I turned on the DAC mode from Mango Player. I have also contacted Paul at iBasso for help. He was very responsive and he suggested downloading the USB driver as well as turning off the digital signature in Windows 10. I followed his suggestions but still couldn't get the DX160 to be recognized as a USB DAC by Win10. Although the file transfer function works okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back