iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Sep 21, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #4,756 of 6,983
Recieved Little bear b4-x today and tried with DX160.

I like the result so far. I can't explain in fancy audiophile terminology but it makes vocal "fuller" "sweeter" , brings mids forward. Makes music a little bit more "colorful". Tried to unplug headphones from amp and plug it back to the DAP many times to hear the difference. Indeed those tubes making music more "3D" while DX160 without amp sounds "flat" now
What iems or headphones do you use? Ops, I found yours post

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #4,759 of 6,983
Recieved Little bear b4-x today and tried with DX160.

I like the result so far. I can't explain in fancy audiophile terminology but it makes vocal "fuller" "sweeter" , brings mids forward. Makes music a little bit more "colorful". Tried to unplug headphones from amp and plug it back to the DAP many times to hear the difference. Indeed those tubes making music more "3D" while DX160 without amp sounds "flat" now
Have you tried the balanced output of the DX160 in mango mode?

It makes the DX160 sound more holographic and have better soundstage and 3d expansion.

Sep 21, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #4,762 of 6,983
Sep 21, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #4,764 of 6,983
Sep 21, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #4,766 of 6,983
i have a weird problem with my dx160.
i downloaded Fear Inoculum (.aif at 3.08gb) from hdtracks.com so metadata isnt a problem but when its loaded into an sd card mango player will either do the following...
if i load the album how it came from hdracks, the artwork wont show. if i change it with a tag editor, the album art displays except for the last track and it is split from the album and listed as unknown artist without artwork, just track name. i ”upgraded” from a fiio x5 ii but wasnt an issue then. any thoughts?

Sep 22, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #4,767 of 6,983
Tested DX160 with HIFIMAN Sundara today. I gotta say , if I could listen to ATH-M50 without amp. It's not the case with Sundara and DX160 ,without amp its not good ,very boring and dull. Once hooked up to the amp it really opens up, makes music very emotional and personal , you hear whole palette of sounds and fast planars contribute very good to aggresive character of DX160 ( of course depends on what genre of music you listening too, in my case it was vocal trance and symphonic metal).Keep in mind all tested with Unbalanced cable (regular firmware).

Will test with Fiio FD1( IEMs) tomorrow and report back

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #4,768 of 6,983
i have a weird problem with my dx160.
i downloaded Fear Inoculum (.aif at 3.08gb) from hdtracks.com so metadata isnt a problem but when its loaded into an sd card mango player will either do the following...
if i load the album how it came from hdracks, the artwork wont show. if i change it with a tag editor, the album art displays except for the last track and it is split from the album and listed as unknown artist without artwork, just track name. i ”upgraded” from a fiio x5 ii but wasnt an issue then. any thoughts?
Try using something like TagScanner and see if the album artist or disc no. are different?

Sep 22, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #4,770 of 6,983
Tested DX160 with HIFIMAN Sundara today. I gotta say , if I could listen to ATH-M50 without amp. It's not the case with Sundara and DX160 ,without amp its not good ,very boring and dull. Once hooked up to the amp it really opens up, makes music very emotional and personal , you hear whole palette of sounds and fast planars contribute very good to aggresive character of DX160 ( of course depends on what genre of music you listening too, in my case it was vocal trance and symphonic metal).Keep in mind all tested with Unbalanced cable (regular firmware).

Will test with Fiio FD1( IEMs) tomorrow and report back
I think with balanced might change your opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back