iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Sep 14, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #4,728 of 6,983
Has anybody used the Little Bear B4-x tube amp with the DX160 or any portable tube amp? Looking to spend some money. 😂
Yes So do I.

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #4,729 of 6,983
Sep 14, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #4,730 of 6,983
Has anybody used the Little Bear B4-x tube amp with the DX160 or any portable tube amp? Looking to spend some money. 😂

I use Oriolus BA300S with it and I've been quite satisfied. It has an addictive quality which adds to the music perception so I use it most of the time. Kind of looking for other portable tube amp options as well, but maybe in the same price range (or a bit up). The Oriolus has good build quality so I like that as baseline.
From what I know, the little bear is particularly good if you're prepared to open it and change the tubes and stuff like that.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #4,732 of 6,983
Hey, a question to DX160 users. Is there any globally working EQ app, that works with streaming apps - Tidal/Spotify? I've checked the most of free ones as well as the REEQ, that is supposed to work globally. All of them with any change are producing strange noise, making overall SQ worse, but not changing tonality... Is there any that is working properly?

Sep 15, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #4,734 of 6,983
Ummm ok... However I don't get where is the problem. UAPP is working, but only with online streaming. Stock EQ is working but not with streamings. And any other one is completely messing with sound o.O

Sep 16, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #4,736 of 6,983
I reviewed the Dunu DK-2001 a little while back; I'd say that's the IEM that's most impressed me within that price range.
The sound was fantastic, the cable and design very nice, and they are absolutely tiny; they're the first IEM that I can comfortably wear whilst lying on my side in bed with zero discomfort. Highly recommended.

As I mentioned to you previously, I was hugely impressed by the Fiio FD1 in terms of value. The only thing I felt it lacked was a more expansive soundstage and greater separation. Everything else about it was faultless at that price (and even if it had cost about $100 more).

I currently have the new Fiio FH3 which I should be reviewing in the next couple of weeks (got a bit of a backlog!).
That's around $150 I think, and if the FD1 is anything to go by, then the FH3 promises to offer great sound and outstanding value too.
But let's wait until I've actually heard it lol. Or read other people's reviews and impressions :)
But it uses the same dynamic driver as the FD 1, which sounded really good, plus BA's, so I have high hopes for it :)

However, these are just general recommendations.

What genres of music do you most like to listen to?
And if you know whether you have any sound signature preferences (neutral-reference, audiophile bass-head, warm, organic, musical etc), please let us know those too.
Then we could really give better recommendations :)

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #4,737 of 6,983
I reviewed the Dunu DK-2001 a little while back; I'd say that's the IEM that's most impressed me within that price range.
The sound was fantastic, the cable and design very nice, and they are absolutely tiny; they're the first IEM that I can comfortably wear whilst lying on my side in bed with zero discomfort. Highly recommended.

As I mentioned to you previously, I was hugely impressed by the Fiio FD1 in terms of value. The only thing I felt it lacked was a more expansive soundstage and greater separation. Everything else about it was faultless at that price (and even if it had cost about $100 more).

I currently have the new Fiio FH3 which I should be reviewing in the next couple of weeks (got a bit of a backlog!).
That's around $150 I think, and if the FD1 is anything to go by, then the FH3 promises to offer great sound and outstanding value too.
But let's wait until I've actually heard it lol. Or read other people's reviews and impressions :)
But it uses the same dynamic driver as the FD 1, which sounded really good, plus BA's, so I have high hopes for it :)

However, these are just general recommendations.

What genres of music do you most like to listen to?
And if you know whether you have any sound signature preferences (neutral-reference, audiophile bass-head, warm, organic, musical etc), please let us know those too.
Then we could really give better recommendations :)
My FD1 should be here on Friday. Would definitely keep it just to have a cheap pair of IEMs. I listen to different genres of music: house/dance/trance/power metal/opera. Rarely hip hop.

Sep 16, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #4,740 of 6,983
Please make a report to us
I was quite surprised that I did not quite like it. Connected it to the DX160 and using my HD650. There is 2 possibilities here. Either I am more of a solid state person, or the tubes were not warmed up enough. I was in a hurry as my CFO (wife) was waiting in the car. 😂😅

Did not wanna make an impulsive purchase.

Bought it awhile back and have used with multiple daps. Sound great with everything. Battery life short though, bout 4 hours, but charges rather fast. Can’t use while plugged in.
That's what I read. Many people have positive experience with it. Need to find chance to go back and try again. How long do you normally have to warm it before the sound eases in?

How is it? Very interested
Coincidentally, a friend let me try his iFi Nano Black Label and it was quite good. There is a good punch to it and clarity was awesome. Found a good deal on the second hand site and bought it.

Then I realised that the only input available is the recessed USB A port which is kinda crappy because that meant I can't charge my DX160 while using if the battery gets low as it has to be connected to the USB C port of the DX160.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back