iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Mar 21, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #2,344 of 3,129
Thank you, I will attempt that now and see if it works.
To update to 8.1 you have to use the Android Tool not the Batch tool. The Android tool is in the official 8.1 Oreo or the Beta version of Oreo along with the driver that is needed. There are complete instructions in the download once you open it. There is the Android tool in the download, the Driver needed and instructions. Once it updates to Oreo, it takes around 10 minutes so you just leave the DX150 alone as it updates.

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #2,345 of 3,129
To update to 8.1 you have to use the Android Tool not the Batch tool. The Android tool is in the official 8.1 Oreo or the Beta version of Oreo along with the driver that is needed. There are complete instructions in the download once you open it. There is the Android tool in the download, the Driver needed and instructions. Once it updates to Oreo, it takes around 10 minutes so you just leave the DX150 alone as it updates.

Giving this a try now. Thanks. None of the other methods have worked. Hoping this works.

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #2,346 of 3,129

It gives me the same error that I got through the batch tool. failed to mount /mnt/external_sd, and then the iBasso logo stays for around 5-7 mins. Back to Android 6.0.1
So I am stuck.
Should there be no sd card inside DX150 when I attempt this?

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #2,347 of 3,129
It gives me the same error that I got through the batch tool. failed to mount /mnt/external_sd, and then the iBasso logo stays for around 5-7 mins. Back to Android 6.0.1
So I am stuck.
Should there be no sd card inside DX150 when I attempt this?
People have success with the SD card method. I don't use it as I use the Batch Tool for 6.1 and earlier and the Android Tool for 8.1. Have you tried a different USB C cable? The DX is off and you are pushing on the play button when you plug it in?

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #2,348 of 3,129
People have success with the SD card method. I don't use it as I use the Batch Tool for 6.1 and earlier and the Android Tool for 8.1. Have you tried a different USB C cable? The DX is off and you are pushing on the play button when you plug it in?

The image file from Dec 26th, 2018 has worked somehow. But when I tried to flash the image file from Feb 4th, 2019. It gives the same error as before mentioned. Not sure what is going on..

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #2,350 of 3,129
i think my ibasso dx150 died, i was listening to it on train it had like 80% charge i get home sucker was warm even though it was off now been on charger for like 10 minutes so far doesnt turn on any ideas? or should i just return it to amazon? anyone know if they will cross ship ir wait till they recieve mine?

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #2,352 of 3,129
anyone know why with 100% battery if i turn it off and press the power button it wont turn on but if i plug it in a time or 2 it shows charging then will turn on, does that sound like defective unit or corrupt install? ok now i have turned it off and powered it back up then back off like 3 times and now its turning on but before with 100% battery i pressed power button and NOTHING

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #2,353 of 3,129
anyone know why with 100% battery if i turn it off and press the power button it wont turn on but if i plug it in a time or 2 it shows charging then will turn on, does that sound like defective unit or corrupt install? ok now i have turned it off and powered it back up then back off like 3 times and now its turning on but before with 100% battery i pressed power button and NOTHING
What AMP are you using? I would do a factory reset and take the AMP off and reinsert it. I had a DX not turn back on for a while because it was in my pocket and got too hot. That will cause a shut down due to heat.

Mar 23, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #2,354 of 3,129
amp6 and seems fine now do you think i should re-seat the amp anyway? whats weird is it was warm when i got it out of my backpack but im positive i had turned it off so i dont know what the heck

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #2,355 of 3,129
amp6 and seems fine now do you think i should re-seat the amp anyway?
It only takes a moment to take it off and put it back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back