iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Mar 25, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #2,371 of 3,129
hallo.

i got my dx150 two days ago.
i use it now out of the box.
where to start with some updates firmware etc?
(is there anywhere a site which explains the things about the different androidsystems and which playerapps to use??)
i think i like to stay with the mangoplayer?

regards
thomas
(sorry for my worse english but learning it is decades ago :wink: )

Mar 25, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #2,372 of 3,129
Yeah I get the point too that they want to keep the demand high. But I hope the owners of DX150 and DX200 are not forgotten. And I agree with your point of 2GB being enough to handle a music player UI. I really hope the iBasso team considers this new UI for DX150 and DX200.
Yes! And PLEASE include a search function!

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #2,373 of 3,129
Yes! And PLEASE include a search function!

Precisely! So many people have to resort to third party apps to get the search functionality! It's such a basic function that must be present in our day and age. With a large library of songs a search functionality is definitely needed to reach the song we want as quickly as possible.

Mar 26, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #2,375 of 3,129
got my dx150 the other day. But just unboxed it. It's either dead flat or its dead on arrival. I'm not getting any indication . Could it be just dead flat? I'm using the included cable but using an ac adaptor to charge off the wall. I really don't wanna have to send it back :frowning2:

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #2,379 of 3,129
how long does an initial charge take roughly?

I charged mine while at work and wasn't paying attention too closely but I think it was about an hour and a half. But I was using a USB-C to USB-C cable that I had plugged into a Power Delivery (quick charge) port on an anker charger I have at work. So I am pretty sure it was charging faster than if it was just a regular USB brick.

Mar 26, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #2,381 of 3,129
id like to know about the FW too, do I use the most recent ibasso or lurker? Or do you use both. What's the best way to go for the smoothest functioning etc.?

Well I updated to Android 8.1 using the iBasso Android 8.1 beta and followed the instructions to install that using the batch tool included on a computer. Then I downloaded the latest 8.1 firmware from iBasso and followed the directions to install it using an SD card. Finally I downloaded the Lurker add on for that latest iBasso firmware and followed the instructions to install that using an SD card as well.

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #2,383 of 3,129
Hallo
i like to update dthe firmware : i select the file from the sdcard then the procedure starts , the player restarts and after some seconds of updating i get the following message :

Installling Update ...
Warning: no file contexts
This package is for "DX150" devices; this is a ""

E: Error in /cache/update/ update.zip (Status 7)
Instalaltion aborted.

What went wrong??

regards

thomas

edit:
android version 8.1.0 5 oct 2018
kernel vers 4.4.103
build1.03.036

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #2,384 of 3,129
Hallo
i like to update dthe firmware : i select the file from the sdcard then the procedure starts , the player restarts and after some seconds of updating i get the following message :

Installling Update ...
Warning: no file contexts
This package is for "DX150" devices; this is a ""

E: Error in /cache/update/ update.zip (Status 7)
Instalaltion aborted.

What went wrong??

regards

thomas

edit:
android version 8.1.0 5 oct 2018
kernel vers 4.4.103
build1.03.036
Are you using the Android tool from the download to update to 8.1? For the update to 8.1, when you download the first update to 8.1 for the DX150, you have to open the download, install the Android Tool, install the driver in the download to your PC and then use the .img firmware with the Android Tool.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 27, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #2,385 of 3,129
hallo paul!

i downloaded the factorytool but there are only drivers for xp vista win 7 and win 8 ??? my system does not let me use them. i run win 10/64

i updated the dx150 with the sd-card to 8.1,0.
was that wrong ?
maybe its better i reset the player complete??
can it be that the firmware file DX150-2.11.293 is complete wrong ?? which shoul i use??

thanks for helping.
regards
thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back