1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Mar 9, 2018.
First

Back
147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
Next

Last
  1. pranavtripathi
    Before going to the loading screen it displays the following message: failed to mount /mnt/external_sd
    Is that fine or it should not display this message?

2. TBomb06
    I remember seeing that message at one point, I wouldn't worry about it for the time being. Let it sit at that loading screen for a really long time and come back to it (like 10 minutes).

3. pranavtripathi
    Thank you, I will attempt that now and see if it works.

4. jamato8 Contributor
    To update to 8.1 you have to use the Android Tool not the Batch tool. The Android tool is in the official 8.1 Oreo or the Beta version of Oreo along with the driver that is needed. There are complete instructions in the download once you open it. There is the Android tool in the download, the Driver needed and instructions. Once it updates to Oreo, it takes around 10 minutes so you just leave the DX150 alone as it updates.

5. pranavtripathi
    Giving this a try now. Thanks. None of the other methods have worked. Hoping this works.

6. pranavtripathi
    It gives me the same error that I got through the batch tool. failed to mount /mnt/external_sd, and then the iBasso logo stays for around 5-7 mins. Back to Android 6.0.1
    So I am stuck.
    Should there be no sd card inside DX150 when I attempt this?

7. jamato8 Contributor
    People have success with the SD card method. I don't use it as I use the Batch Tool for 6.1 and earlier and the Android Tool for 8.1. Have you tried a different USB C cable? The DX is off and you are pushing on the play button when you plug it in?

8. pranavtripathi
    The image file from Dec 26th, 2018 has worked somehow. But when I tried to flash the image file from Feb 4th, 2019. It gives the same error as before mentioned. Not sure what is going on..

9. pranavtripathi
    Okay, I got the firmware update finally done!
    Anyone has used bluetooth headphones with these? Is gapless working in Bluetooth? It works in wired modes but not with Bluetooth headphones. Anyon else faced this problem?

10. leo5111
    i think my ibasso dx150 died, i was listening to it on train it had like 80% charge i get home sucker was warm even though it was off now been on charger for like 10 minutes so far doesnt turn on any ideas? or should i just return it to amazon? anyone know if they will cross ship ir wait till they recieve mine?

11. leo5111
    ok weird after refusing to turn on at all i unplugged it into usb and plugged it back in THEN it said charging and turned on with like 78% charge but would not turn on before What?

12. leo5111
    anyone know why with 100% battery if i turn it off and press the power button it wont turn on but if i plug it in a time or 2 it shows charging then will turn on, does that sound like defective unit or corrupt install? ok now i have turned it off and powered it back up then back off like 3 times and now its turning on but before with 100% battery i pressed power button and NOTHING

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  13. jamato8 Contributor
    What AMP are you using? I would do a factory reset and take the AMP off and reinsert it. I had a DX not turn back on for a while because it was in my pocket and got too hot. That will cause a shut down due to heat.

14. leo5111
    amp6 and seems fine now do you think i should re-seat the amp anyway? whats weird is it was warm when i got it out of my backpack but im positive i had turned it off so i dont know what the heck

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  15. jamato8 Contributor
    It only takes a moment to take it off and put it back on.

First

Back
147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
Next

Last