iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Apr 29, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #618 of 3,129
Any chance to implement volume leveling?

As every song volume is varies quite troublesome to keep adjusting volume.

I'm far from an expert on these matters, but I seem to remember hearing that volume levelling solutions have their benefits, but can also mess around with the dynamics of certain songs, for example Pixies-style "quiet-LOUD-quiet-LOUD" pieces, and of course classical pieces with similar dynamics.

With this in mind, I can imagine why a DAP maker would want to avoid it, in order to ensure they're not compromising the performance of the DAP in any way. I suppose it might be a nice thing to have though.
On the other hand, I've been able to develop really buff index finger muscles from all my volume changing :wink:

Apr 29, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #619 of 3,129
Would like to think that volume leveling affect the entire song?

So the song that have dynamic will remain the same?

Even so if they can give us the option to toogle between each other will be good.

Apr 29, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #620 of 3,129
Hi!
Here's what's happening with my DX 150: I will select an album to play. The album will play just fine until the last song. At that point, the song stops about 3-4 seconds before the end. However, if I play the final song by itself, it will play all the way to the end. I've tried a factory reset, as well as trying all the different digital filters. No difference. I've contacted Paul about this and they are looking into it. Has anyone else had this problem?

May 1, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #622 of 3,129
Two questions on this DAP. Does it have USB out? Seems like many dacamps (chord mojo, new ifi iDXD for example) don't have analog in. Second question, does it play DSD .ISO files? Thanks.

May 1, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #623 of 3,129
Two questions on this DAP. Does it have USB out? Seems like many dacamps (chord mojo, new ifi iDXD for example) don't have analog in. Second question, does it play DSD .ISO files? Thanks.

Instructions don't say anything about USB out anywhere I've found, and I haven't tried it. But there is a digital out 3.5mm port that doubles as either mini digital coax, or mini digital optical.

May 1, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #624 of 3,129
Instructions don't say anything about USB out anywhere I've found, and I haven't tried it. But there is a digital out 3.5mm port that doubles as either mini digital coax, or mini digital optical.

Thanks, I saw the coaxial/optical and that is better than nothing. Usually optical is limited to 24/194 and coaxial can be limited also. Would like to know if it has true USB out and whether it plays DSD ISO. I have a few FiiOs and they sound pretty good but are variously annoying for reasons other than sound quality. I don't know if I want to keep trying to find an affordable DAP I like or just live with these clunkers I already have and be done with it.

May 1, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #625 of 3,129
@Paul

Any chance we could get Mango to better support whole album FLAC+CUE? It already kind of supports it: it finds the individual songs, and plays them, but it first plays from the beginning of the FLAC for a brief moment (less than a second) instead of from the beginning of the song. This happens regardless of whether gapless is on or off.

My whole collection is encoded like this and I'd prefer not to reencode it to separate FLACs just for this...

May 1, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #626 of 3,129
That sounds very annoying. I actually prefer single file flacs because I have one dumb device that doesn't recognize .cue files but I do have a few hundred single file .flac and would not be happy with what you're describing.

May 1, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #627 of 3,129
I have not been able to use USB out on the DX150 or the DX200. They lock up every time I try. I have a Teac UD-503 Heaphone Amplifier and have been trying to use USB out to no avail. Optical only works with the DX200, the DX150 locks up. Funny my AK300 has no problem, nor does my DP-X1 or FiiO X7MkII, they all do USB out. I have Lurkers FW on DX200 and sometimes it will work but studders so I just stop it.

May 1, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #628 of 3,129
I have not been able to use USB out on the DX150 or the DX200. They lock up every time I try. I have a Teac UD-503 Heaphone Amplifier and have been trying to use USB out to no avail. Optical only works with the DX200, the DX150 locks up. Funny my AK300 has no problem, nor does my DP-X1 or FiiO X7MkII, they all do USB out. I have Lurkers FW on DX200 and sometimes it will work but studders so I just stop it.

Thanks a lot. Somewhere there was a list of DAPs that work as transports but I think all of them are out of my price range.

May 1, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #629 of 3,129
Thanks a lot. Somewhere there was a list of DAPs that work as transports but I think all of them are out of my price range.
Are you looking for any particular feature like dual sd slots or optical out?

I can think of the Xduoo X10T and the Cayin N3 which both work fine as transports.

May 1, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #630 of 3,129
Are you looking for any particular feature like dual sd slots or optical out?

I can think of the Xduoo X10T and the Cayin N3 which both work fine as transports.

The main things are the ability to play DSD ISO and have USB out. I'll look for those two you mentioned, thanks. I didn't see those brands here but I'll search online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back