iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
May 1, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #631 of 3,129
The main things are the ability to play DSD ISO and have USB out. I'll look for those two you mentioned, thanks. I didn't see those brands here but I'll search online.
Fiio X7ii supports optical out as well as USB out.
Onyko DP- X1 and Pioneer support USB but not optical.

May 1, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #632 of 3,129
Fiio X7ii supports optical out as well as USB out.
Onyko DP- X1 and Pioneer support USB but not optical.

I'm done with FiiO. I think the Onkyo is available here, I'll check. Which Pioneers? Thanks

edit: the DP-X1 is about 800 euros here. Hmmmmm

I guess I am probably done with DAPs. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #633 of 3,129
I'm done with FiiO. I think the Onkyo is available here, I'll check. Which Pioneers? Thanks

edit: the DP-X1 is about 800 euros here. Hmmmmm

XDP-300R

The XDP-300R supports all your current audio from MP3’s to streaming music from your favorite internet apps. With playback support for up to 11.2MHz DSD, 384kHz/24 bit PCM, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, and MQA it is possible to enjoy many existing Hi-Res audio formats. Equipped with both 2.5 mm balanced output and 3.5 mm headphone output; audio can also be output via Micro USB-B/OTG digital output, and wireless output to connect the XDP-300R offers a wide selection of headphones and peripherals. Compatible Formats: DSD(DSF/DSDIFF)/FLAC/ALAC/WAV/AIFF/MQA/OggVorbis/MP3/AAC.

Incorporating twin unit ESS Technology DAC “ES9018K2M” and AMP “SABRE 9601K” each allows for extreme high resolution audio and component audio design philosophy while still maintaining a realistic power envelop for a portable device.

Complete separation between the audio circuit board (DAC & AMP) and CPU board to allow for internally separated construction. Within the DAC & AMP board, the audio circuitry and switching power are distanced as far as physically possible to limit the effects of noise. The DAC & AMP have their own capacitors to provide a clean audio signal with its closed loop design. Attention was made to circuit design to keep digital noise from getting in between you and your music.

Balanced output via the 2.5mm 4 pole supports the standard "BTL" drive as well as "ACG (Active Control GND)" drive. ACG drive is a different form of balanced drive where the amp's COLD side actively drives to create an ideally stable GND. Power gains and increased sound separation associated with balanced output are repurposed to create increased stability for a clean signal and a greater sound clarity, especially compared to unbalanced drive.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #634 of 3,129
I kinda feel the same in a way. Heading towards LG V30+ with iFi xCAN, when it will be available. Although I have to say that the N5ii is really a neat device, now that most if not all of the firmware bugs have been ironed out.

May 2, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #636 of 3,129
I kinda feel the same in a way. Heading towards LG V30+ with iFi xCAN, when it will be available. Although I have to say that the N5ii is really a neat device, now that most if not all of the firmware bugs have been ironed out.

Heh, I have to say, having done some provisional listening with the DX150 vs DX200, and the DX200 vs the excellent Shozy Alien+, I can clearly hear a difference in quality.
As such, I can't imagine going back to anything less than a superb sounding DAP :)
I think I've been spoiled :p

May 2, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #637 of 3,129
Heh, I have to say, having done some provisional listening with the DX150 vs DX200, and the DX200 vs the excellent Shozy Alien+, I can clearly hear a difference in quality.
As such, I can't imagine going back to anything less than a superb sounding DAP :)
It WAS hard going back to the N5ii after I heard the A&Ultima SP1000

IMG_20180301_194219.jpg

May 2, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #638 of 3,129
It WAS hard going back to the N5ii after I heard the A&Ultima SP1000

I haven't heard it yet; the queues were too long at CanJam London last year :p
Would like to do so. It looks like a beast though! How big is that DAP? :D

May 2, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #639 of 3,129
I haven't heard it yet; the queues were too long at CanJam London last year :p
Would like to do so. It looks like a beast though! How big is that DAP? :D
It was very big and very heavy though not as heavy as the WM1Z

It definitely wasn't comfortable to hold.

Specs
IMG_20180502_180926.png

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #640 of 3,129
It was very big and very heavy though not as heavy as the WM1Z

I definitely wasn't comfortable to hold.

In fairness, I think there are actual bricks that are not as heavy as the WM1Z :p
Lovely looking DAP though. I'm just jealous basically :D

May 2, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #641 of 3,129
In fairness, I think there are actual bricks that are not as heavy as the WM1Z :p
Lovely looking DAP though. I'm just jealous basically :D
Though the WM1Z is heavier, it is actually nicer to hold than the Sp1000. It's not as wide and has rounded sides so it fits in your hand better

IMG_20180427_193018.jpg

May 2, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #643 of 3,129
So, how would you rank, in terms of SQ alone, DX150, DX200, Shozy Alien+ and xDSD, you spoiled brat? :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back