iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Feb 17, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #2,011 of 2,153
well i don't really want to know how many employees ibasso or fidelizer had, just saying what i heard 😉, probably fidelizer just slightly tune the timbre a little bit more bass emphasis, well to my ears the stock rom kinda dry compared to fidelizer one, they just matter of taste.
Thanks that's exactly what I was trying to figure out, I was curious if this makes it bassier or adds to seperation /sounstage
I bought the dx120 because I liked the overall signature, my other daps are all warm so this is a nice change.

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #2,012 of 2,153
Thanks that's exactly what I was trying to figure out, I was curious if this makes it bassier or adds to seperation /sounstage
I bought the dx120 because I liked the overall signature, my other daps are all warm so this is a nice change.

just give it a go, if dont fits u roll back. if u don't try then u never know rite?
i bought dx120 coz at that time they were cheapest serious dap at the market, well i dont need streaming or wifi and they fit my wallet 😂

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #2,013 of 2,153
just give it a go, if dont fits u roll back. if u don't try then u never know rite?
i bought dx120 coz at that time they were cheapest serious dap at the market, well i dont need streaming or wifi and they fit my wallet 😂
Same here, I bought it because it had two SD card slots, had a nice DAC with tons of power out of the balanced output. Non of the features i didnt want but everything i needed...maximize sound quality over a bunch useless functions.

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #2,015 of 2,153
I have a problem with my dx 120. the player freezes and restarts in loop after the first "dx 120" start screen and the second "iBasso audio". I tried reinstalling the firmware, factory setting and reboot, without success ... Thanks for any advice
Try holding the play button and then the power button at the same time. If this will take you into the boot mode, try and clear the cache.

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #2,016 of 2,153
I updated to FW V2.9.121 and now my player won't boot up - it alternates between the DX120 and iBasso startup screens. I've tried rebooting and factory resetting using the power/volume up startup routine and it won't fix it. Any idea for a remedy?

Update: I reverted back to the trusty FW V2.4.59 and the issue is unresolved. The device is basically bricked - what can I do other than factory reset?

Update 2: I "borrowed" a PC and used the batch tool and it's working again. The newest firmware is still messing up my tags so I'm using V2.4.59 with no issues. I am enjoying the music.
Hi, I have the same problem as you, could you tell me specifically how you solved it. Thank you

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #2,018 of 2,153
Thank you! I tried going to System recovery - wipe data / factory reset - yes. But it does not work.
Then I would use the android to but I don’t see it here maybe contact Paul about it at ibasso

Mar 16, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #2,019 of 2,153
If I can change the subject. I am experiencing problems with my Battery. It shows 100% after I charge it, I then turn it off. A few hours later I turn the DAP on and it only shows 93%. It appears to run down very quickly. I have had the DAP 3 years, and use it daily (about 1 to 2 hours per day), so I presume the Battery is starting to fail. How does one replace the Battery?

Mar 16, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #2,020 of 2,153
If I can change the subject. I am experiencing problems with my Battery. It shows 100% after I charge it, I then turn it off. A few hours later I turn the DAP on and it only shows 93%. It appears to run down very quickly. I have had the DAP 3 years, and use it daily (about 1 to 2 hours per day), so I presume the Battery is starting to fail. How does one replace the Battery?
You have to use a suction cup, like on phones, to pull the back off but careful to put it back into place so you don't crack the glass. Once off, you can get to the battery and replace it. I am pretty sure you need to get the battery from iBasso.

Mar 30, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #2,022 of 2,153
I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

After about half an hour the left channel loses several db in volume, this changed when i swopped the iems to the other ear and so it appears to be the dx120 as the iems work perfectly on other sources.

The volume then reverts back to normal after a rest, this is irritating and i have no idea what is causing this imbalance?

Any ideas?

d

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #2,023 of 2,153

After about half an hour the left channel loses several db in volume, this changed when i swopped the iems to the other ear and so it appears to be the dx120 as the iems work perfectly on other sources.

The volume then reverts back to normal after a rest, this is irritating and i have no idea what is causing this imbalance?

Any ideas?

d
Nope, haven't had anything like that, if it's still under warranty, you might want to get it fixed/replaced

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #2,025 of 2,153

Any ideas?

d
have u try factory reset at least twice?

recently i had some minor problems with dx120, first is they wont start after several times trying then they work normal, second there's no sound when playing a track while the time is running normaly on screen but there is no sound even i switch the volume buttons up & down, after a reboot then they work normaly.
never experienced with imbalance or anything else though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back