iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Jan 21, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #1,996 of 2,153
Im trying to convert an ISO from an SACD, ISO2DSD does not work...when i click convert it does nothing. How exactly can you do with foobar because i've tried that also...its seems it needs another plug in.

mine is wave pack iso, make sure u got the same plug in as mine, i cant upload video on the process here, maybe if u message me your email i send it to you bro.
20210121_181234_HDR.jpg
20210121_181234_HDR.jpg

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #1,998 of 2,153
I will look into the Little dot suggestion.

Something about Hifiman rubs me the wrong way, reading many reviews online. Build quality is mentioned as an issue time and again.
I have had m50x (hinges broke, reviews say they are strong) yamaha pro300 (headband broke the first 3 months) almost bought shure srh840 (weak hinges) i have had countless Sony, akg, audio-technica headphones, no reviews said they wear buit like cheap crap.
Now I have had these he4xx for the last 3 years, I also thought they might break, many reviews say they are built badly...... I don't know if they are being paid to say they are bad, or if I got a revised pair, but I accidentally sat on them twice, dropped them about 3-4 times, was rained on while wearing them once and they are still going strong
But I have quit drinking alcohol since I've gotten them, I noticed a lot of things break more often when you have a drink (not many drinks, just 1 or 2)

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #1,999 of 2,153
I have had m50x (hinges broke, reviews say they are strong) yamaha pro300 (headband broke the first 3 months) almost bought shure srh840 (weak hinges) i have had countless Sony, akg, audio-technica headphones, no reviews said they wear buit like cheap crap.
Now I have had these he4xx for the last 3 years, I also thought they might break, many reviews say they are built badly...... I don't know if they are being paid to say they are bad, or if I got a revised pair, but I accidentally sat on them twice, dropped them about 3-4 times, was rained on while wearing them once and they are still going strong
But I have quit drinking alcohol since I've gotten them, I noticed a lot of things break more often when you have a drink (not many drinks, just 1 or 2)
haha fair enough, the best thing about the 400i's is they take to EQ really well. If you have the option to run Equalizer APO in windows they sound very similiar to HD800's with a more intimate soundstage, or so im told. I run equalizer APO with peace interface and it breathed new life into them, they sound stellar. I literally have no reason to upgrade, sure you can get a wider soundstage with the 800's but than i would rather listen to speakers at that point. Go hard to go home right?

Feb 2, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #2,000 of 2,153

get yourself v-moda or even abbys ab1266, i believe they would not easily breaks.

Feb 3, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #2,001 of 2,153
I think if I need tougher, I will go with German maestro, dont think I have ever seen such tough headphones, like seriously tough, and they don't sound bad either, I got to try a pair couple years ago, almost bought them

Feb 15, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #2,003 of 2,153
Im very late to the party but I had the chance to snap up a ibasso dx120 in great condition at a good price. Any advice on the best firmware and a good iem that pairs well with the dx120.
I really like the FLC 8s out of the balanced o output. As far as firmware you can’t go wrong with stock, I’m using Fidelizer though which is supposed to be an improvement but I haven’t done a comparison.

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #2,004 of 2,153
Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #2,005 of 2,153
any advice on the best firmware and a good iem that pairs well with the dx120.

go to ibasso web, go to download & match your fw on your dx120 with their latest, u can install lurker or fidelizer after it. any iems is good pair it with dx120, i pair um mest trough balance with them, well i guess mest is at another level from them.

Feb 16, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #2,006 of 2,153
Any body here can say how the fidalizer app changes sound?
I am curious about it but does it really improve sound?
Or does it just increase bass?
I like the sound signature on it as is, but some small menu glitches are annoying, was thinking about trying some of the custom rooms and ran across the fidalizer.
So I am curious what does it do to sound?

Feb 16, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #2,007 of 2,153
I like the sound signature on it as is, but some small menu glitches are annoying, was thinking about trying some of the custom rooms and ran across the fidalizer.

I have it and i couldn't hear a difference. Any perceived sound difference is so small you would have to do an A-B comparison i would think, unfortunately i don't have a second device to do this.

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #2,008 of 2,153

sounds sweet to my ears then stock rom

Feb 17, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #2,009 of 2,153
sounds sweet to my ears then stock rom
I guess one thing that I never understood is how can it sound better than stock. As far as I know the guy that makes fidelizer roms is just one guy, compared to several ibasso engineers who made the original. So really the only thing the maker of fidelizer has on ibasso is unlimited time to tweak his roms. I’m sure there is room for improvement given enough time but I find it hard to believe there is much room. Also not that it has anything to do with it but Honk Kong has one of the highest average IQs is the world, lol I’m just saying.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #2,010 of 2,153
I guess one thing that I never understood is how can it sound better than stock. As far as I know the guy that makes fidelizer roms is just one guy, compared to several ibasso engineers who made the original. So really the only thing the maker of fidelizer has on ibasso is unlimited time to tweak his roms. I’m sure there is room for improvement given enough time but I find it hard to believe there is much room. Also not that it has anything to do with it but Honk Kong has one of the highest average IQs is the world, lol I’m just saying.

well i don't really want to know how many employees ibasso or fidelizer had, just saying what i heard 😉, probably fidelizer just slightly tune the timbre a little bit more bass emphasis, well to my ears the stock rom kinda dry compared to fidelizer one, they just matter of taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back