iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Apr 15, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #1,351 of 2,153
1A and 1Z have little power, I'm sure neither won't drive Amiron or 1990 quite that well, but DX120 should be able to :)

Either way, between DX120 and DX150 + AMP7, DX150 provides both better sound and flexivility, except for the dual microSD slot that DX120 has
Actually i am driving my Amiron with 2.5 Bal with ease, Stock cable with High Gain and ~75-80 Volume.

Apr 15, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #1,352 of 2,153
Charging time is normally around 2 hours for a complete charge. Are you using a quick charger?

I'm using a 5V/1A Charger and it takes like 6-7 hours to fully charged the device. Haven't try to Quick Charge, is QC gonna damage my battery? My friend's DX200 battery is dead because he accidentally charged it with a 5V/2A charger overnight.

Apr 18, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #1,353 of 2,153
I have the dx120 from today. The touch is impressive, excellent finish and design. The interface is very simple and fast, although I feel it is very sensitive at times. I have noticed a couple of slowdowns, but nothing serious. What I do worry about is its sound, it's weird, like it's drowned, the voices in the background, in some songs are not heard, and some instruments come to the front in a lot of detail, but in general everything sounds very thin. I'll leave it playing files today all the day connected to the burn in cable and hope it improves (hopefully).

Apr 18, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #1,354 of 2,153
I have the dx120 from today. The touch is impressive, excellent finish and design. The interface is very simple and fast, although I feel it is very sensitive at times. I have noticed a couple of slowdowns, but nothing serious. What I do worry about is its sound, it's weird, like it's drowned, the voices in the background, in some songs are not heard, and some instruments come to the front in a lot of detail, but in general everything sounds very thin. I'll leave it playing files today all the day connected to the burn in cable and hope it improves (hopefully).
It requires some burn in but also make sure the plug is pushed all the way in.

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #1,356 of 2,153
I just connected the dunu falcon c and now sounds right! The problem is the microphone cable of the meze 99 neo, if I connect it completely it sounds bad, the dx120 is not compatible with the cables with microphone.

Try connecting that cable with a rubber spacer like a keyboard o-ring.

Or use a short extension cable that is only stereo at the plug end.

Apr 18, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #1,357 of 2,153
I have a major problem with my DX120, after charging it, it doesn't respond anymore. When I connect it to the mains and hold the start button, the first screen with the words "ibasso" appears, and then it goes dark, when I press the start button again the screen appears with the fully charged display...and then nothing anymore. I have tried to hold the start button for more than 10 seconds...nothing. Installing a different firmware is also impossible since it will not start. What can I do?

Apr 18, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #1,358 of 2,153
I have a major problem with my DX120, after charging it, it doesn't respond anymore. When I connect it to the mains and hold the start button, the first screen with the words "ibasso" appears, and then it goes dark, when I press the start button again the screen appears with the fully charged display...and then nothing anymore. I have tried to hold the start button for more than 10 seconds...nothing. Installing a different firmware is also impossible since it will not start. What can I do?
You could get the Batch Tool from the 1st page of the DX200 thread and on a PC you can use this with the .img firmware. There are instructions on using the BT with the download. I know they use this tool at the factory for loading the firmware.

Apr 18, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #1,359 of 2,153
You could also try updating again from the SD card by putting the firmware on a card and then with the player off, holding down the power and volume up control and go into the Recovery system or go into this same system and do a factory reset.

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #1,361 of 2,153
Both options do not apply since the DX120 doesn't power up, and is not recognised by my computer.

Extremely silly question, if you remove the microSD card and try to turn it on, does it power?

I had this happen to me today, with a Samsung T5809 tablet, it would not charge nor turn on. But after removing the microSD, it turned up...

Apr 18, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #1,365 of 2,153
Now I have a real problem. The music stops once in a while, the last time it happened, it is restored from the factory and now it no longer reads the micro sd. I am using the latest firmware, can I go back to an earlier version?
You can go to any version you want. I would use the Batch Tool and wipe the DX120 clean and do a fresh install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back