iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Apr 3, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #1,307 of 2,153
Will the DX120 push full sized headphones ( Focal Spirit Pro & Sony Wh1000XM2) as I have read there is no replay gain. I am partially deaf so driving power is important to me.

Thanks to those that help me.
Bruce

Yes, DX120 has enough power for those. Heck, if I was to say, DX120 has enough power for Sundara and Audeze LCD-MX4, both of which are much harder to drive than both of the ones you mention, so don't worry about it! :)

Apr 3, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #1,308 of 2,153
Yes, DX120 has enough power for those. Heck, if I was to say, DX120 has enough power for Sundara and Audeze LCD-MX4, both of which are much harder to drive than both of the ones you mention, so don't worry about it! :)
If using the balanced, correct? It doesn't have an abundance of power from single end.

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #1,309 of 2,153
If using the balanced, correct? It doesn't have an abundance of power from single end.

It should be able to get LCD-MX4 and Sundy both pretty loud, clear and well controlled even from the SE, but yes, the Balanced has the good power, about 400 mW, which is quite high for a portable.

The 100 mW the Single Ended has won't be absolutely enough for everything, but should still be more than enough for the Focal Spirit Pro and WH1000MX2 @Pewterlocks has :)

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #1,315 of 2,153
Lots of songs with Japanese title cant be sorted properly, they're just all over the place, therefore I'm not able to find them.
Can you send me some songs that do not show up correctly by WeTransfer? I would need enough to give our software team so they can see what the issue is. You can use my email address paul@ibasso.com and service@ibasso.com. Thank you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 4, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #1,316 of 2,153
Can you send me some songs that do not show up correctly by WeTransfer? I would need enough to give our software team so they can see what the issue is. You can use my email address paul@ibasso.com and service@ibasso.com. Thank you.
I have already sent it twice to your team, the last time I sent 7 songs. How many songs do you need exactly?

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,317 of 2,153
I think I have figured it out. Some of the Japanese songs use kanji characters in their title and the UI sorts them by Chinese "pinyin" (I don't know if I used the correct word, I mean the latin character for Chineses). For example:
ef69dc9c2bd77191cfddb807053264ce-full.jpg

All in all, is there a way to group all of those Chinese/ Japanese/ Korean and put them all at the end of the song list? Just like how Sony or Cowon do with their DAPs, which is much more convienient. I would be extremely appreciated for that.

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #1,318 of 2,153
I think I have figured it out. Some of the Japanese songs use kanji characters in their title and the UI sorts them by Chinese "pinyin" (I don't know if I used the correct word, I mean the latin character for Chineses). For example:
ef69dc9c2bd77191cfddb807053264ce-full.jpg

All in all, is there a way to group all of those Chinese/ Japanese/ Korean and put them all at the end of the song list? Just like how Sony or Cowon do with their DAPs, which is much more convienient. I would be extremely appreciated for that.
I can put this out to the software team. I am trying to find the songs you sent before. I need your email address to do this. Please email me at paul@ibasso.com so I can do the search.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 8, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #1,320 of 2,153
My DX120 is taking hours to fully charge. Is this normal? I´ve tried many different cables and adapters, nothing seems to work.
Its like I´m charging it with the "slow 500mA speed" from a laptot, maybe even slower...
Tried updating FW, factory reset, what can I do? I really like its sound and functions, but charging it overnight is kinda bummer :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back