1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last
  1. claudy
    well last night i've tried the lurker rom too, their latest, before i roll it back to the original ibasso rom, but it just stood about 1 hour coz it have no bass at all, i think it suit the vocal / acoustics genre that don't need much bass bost, but i am a basshead audiophile :)
    i didn't try fidelizer lower version of rom.

2. JediMa70
    Noob question, can I set the LO to max volume by some setting?

3. tunganh46
    Ive just bought a new dx120 from shop and have a quick a/b test with my zx300, iem it04. First impression i heard that zx300 is much more musical with more sub-bass and thicker midrange, or even better seperation.
    So do i need to burn in my dx120? I choosed super slow roll-off and natural sound mode, and its still a little dry sounding to me.

subguy812 likes this.
  4. subguy812
    Are you using the balanced output?

5. tunganh46
    Yes i use balanced port. May be i need to burn in with that burnin cable for a while and check if it has any changes in sound.

6. subguy812
    Paul recommends it. I have enough hours on mine that it absolutely doesn't sound dry or clinical. Burn it in and also allow your mind time to adjust if you are accustomed to another DAP.

tunganh46 and JuanLuis91 like this.
  7. silverfishla
    Does anyone here have a Shanling M3s to compare with? I have one and want to get another pure music DAP. Is the DX120 an upgrade in sound? What is your impression?

8. tunganh46
    After almost 24h burn-in, my dx120 sounds much better with more thickness and clarity, perfectly match my IT04. Im very happy with the sound.

JuanLuis91 and claudy like this.
  9. magicalmouse
    HI, i hade a similar problem a few months ago, i found the dx120 sound less than musical and thin, i wrote to paul and he said that the burn in was vital (you need to burn in balanced seperately and cannot use the supplied tool for this which i did not know until i was told).

it now sounds great (balanced) with fiio fa7 and the only change i would like would be to add replay gain.

d

10. tokyodan
    I am confused. What tool are you referring to? That stub cable that plugs into the balanced port? I am using that to burn-in. And what do you mean "Burn in balanced separately"? How do you do that without that tool? Are two burn-ins required? One for balanced and one for non-balanced?

claudy likes this.
  11. subguy812
    ValSilva and JuanLuis91 like this.
  12. JuanLuis91
    subguy812 likes this.
  13. expatriot
    Does the DX120 have replay gain? If not, can Ibasso add it via update?

14. Meelis
    I don't think it has. My tracks are between -13 dB to + 15 dB and i have to fiddle with volume all the time.

15. expatriot
    Oh that's too bad, I guess I have to keep looking.

First

Back
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last