iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Sep 26, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #406 of 2,153
Thanks twister6, those were the "magic words". :)

Also,

Let's say I don't want/cannot charge the DAP by connecting it to a PC.

I'm in Spain (220v). I have got a wall charger with two female USB inputs. I'll use the USB-C/USB cable that comes with the DAP to charge it.

One of the inputs is labeled as "1 Amp" and the other one is labeled as "2.1 Amp". I assume that the safest way would be to charge the DX120 with the "1 Amp" USB input, which should be slower than the "2.1 Amp", right? Or is the USB-C cable and/or the DAP prepared to be charged with the 2.1 one?

2.1A should be absolutely fine!

Sep 26, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #409 of 2,153
Using an adapter with 2 amps or more output will give you the best charging speed with a regular adapter. A quick charger will give you the fastest speed in charging.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 26, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #410 of 2,153
A8001962-E022-4AE2-91EC-7FE78F14316F.jpeg

Cafe breakfast time with the DX120 and Campfire Audio Atlas. It seems to be breaking in nicely.

Sep 26, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #411 of 2,153
>Sighs< Im jealous :) Ordered mine on 16th - So far its taken 1 week to get from Hong Kong to . . . Hong Kong ): and almost 1 week of 'In transit'
annoys me - I buy a small adapter from them and it arrives in a week - Pay hundreds MORE and its gonna take 2 to 3 times longer :/
Of course as soon as I say this i see it arrived in this country 5 mins ago !

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #413 of 2,153
Paul can answer this better than I, but from my memory, and correct me if I am wrong, it has a lot to do with how many inputs the device can accept.
Like a pc motherboard, the higher end device can only allocate resources to so many connections. With the higher end players doing Bluetooth, WiFi, as well as the various sound connections, the device runs out of available "inputs" into it's "motherboard".

The 120, having few actual connections as it is just a basic music player, can have more than one USB slot as it can more than handle it.
... this is what I understand.

Sep 26, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #414 of 2,153
Paul can answer this better than I, but from my memory, and correct me if I am wrong, it has a lot to do with how many inputs the device can accept.
Like a pc motherboard, the higher end device can only allocate resources to so many connections. With the higher end players doing Bluetooth, WiFi, as well as the various sound connections, the device runs out of available "inputs" into it's "motherboard".

The 120, having few actual connections as it is just a basic music player, can have more than one USB slot as it can more than handle it.
I hope Paul clarifies. There is much logic to your argument.

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #416 of 2,153

I also remember something like this being mentioned.

The people at Cayin also mentioned having to support 2 msd cards along with Bluetooth requires using an additional chip which creates a plethora of problems.

Sep 27, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #418 of 2,153
It finally arrived, gonna compliment my DX90.
20180925_180443.jpg

Sep 27, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #419 of 2,153
Sep 28, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #420 of 2,153
Thinking about upgrading from DX90.

Will it charge while plugged in as USB DAC?

I didn't see an USB DAC driver on iBasso's site.
I tried yesterday night and does it work fine: Dx120 charge while it's connected to my mac (with audirvana) and no driver needed. Wonderful sound...really.. :) (for windows you can use the Dx200 drivers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back