iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Sep 17, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #1,771 of 2,153
I upgraded from the DX80 to the DX120 today. I am running the DX120 on the most current firmware.

The file scanning is a mess - a lot of albums are completely missing - and in some cases, multiple albums are combined into one big 'album' folder. This was not an issue with the DX80 - all albums were scanned/organized perfectly.

~90% of my files are from the same source (bandcamp) and in the same format (aiff).

Is this a common problem that will be addressed with a firmware update? I am liking the sound and the balanced output - I do not want to return but it is annoying that I can only use the directory function.

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #1,772 of 2,153
I upgraded from the DX80 to the DX120 today. I am running the DX120 on the most current firmware.

The file scanning is a mess - a lot of albums are completely missing - and in some cases, multiple albums are combined into one big 'album' folder. This was not an issue with the DX80 - all albums were scanned/organized perfectly.

~90% of my files are from the same source (bandcamp) and in the same format (aiff).

Is this a common problem that will be addressed with a firmware update? I am liking the sound and the balanced output - I do not want to return but it is annoying that I can only use the directory function.
You have checked and you are on the latest firmware? I would also do a factory reset.

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #1,773 of 2,153

Try a factory reset, I know it sounds dumb and you shouldn't have to but after adding files to a card no matter what I did nothing else worked. Besides the screwy file scanning it's a great player. I have resorted to fixing all my flac albums and ripping them to single flacs instead of cue+flac and all album covers 900x900 max. Kind of a PITA but it all works now. Also you can just throw in the towel and use directory to browse the cards directly. No shame in that !

Sep 17, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #1,775 of 2,153

you feeling what i'm suffers since this 2 last update FW. my files also lots of aiff that i ripped from cds.

Sep 21, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #1,782 of 2,153
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 21, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #1,784 of 2,153
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back