1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.2.42 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105
Next

Last
  1. JuanLuis91
    Hello! Regarding your volume query, yes, I adjusted it to the same level, and you know what? Even in the balanced output, placing it at a lower volume of the SE, I continue to hear more details. The difference is noticeable, and I'm sure my ears are not deceiving me :smile_phones:.

Regards,
    Juan Luis.

Dramlin and mbwilson111 like this.
  2. TheoS53
    Cool, that's the simple and straight forward answer I was expecting. Thanks.

crabdog likes this.
  3. subguy812
    In my review I alluded to the fact that the 2.5mm balanced output, had some real mojo, it is dynamic and alive. It is not that the SE output is bad, but to my ears the 2.5mm is that good. This does not apply to all DAPs but with the DX120,the difference is clear.

ValSilva likes this.
  4. expatriot
    My interpretation of the sound I am hearing, is just that, "My interpretation", and I don't have to prove what I am hearing to anyone, and no one has to prove to me, what they are hearing. How many times do people on this site have to say, "We all hear differently". I get a little tired of people who preach to others.

5. tokyodan
    For all of the DX 120 fans who are not happy with the case (protector?) that comes with the unit, there is an alternative. not cheap but it is hand-crafted for the dx 120 and i can tell you it is very high quality. fits like a glove...no...actually better than a glove. it is stiff like it was molded but it is a soft as a baby's ass to the touch.

https://www.amazon.com/iBasso-Crafted-Leather-Case-DX-120/dp/B07JRF2KWN

ValSilva and mbwilson111 like this.
  6. expatriot
    Yes, I was looking at that case and I think I will get it as soon as I receive my DX120, which hopefully should ship on May 6.

7. ExpatinJapan
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    ValSilva likes this.
  8. expatriot
    mbwilson11: I was just going to mention that his profile did not indicate he had the DX120, nor did he say he was planning on getting one, but you beat me to it. Where I live it's 1 AM, so I'm out of here.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  9. crabdog
    Now, let's get back on topic!

iBasso DX120 with CCA C16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2019
    TheoS53 likes this.
  10. AxelCloris Administrator
    Let's please keep the discussion on-topic. Thanks everyone.

TheoS53 and mbwilson111 like this.
  11. tokyodan
    Just wondering...the various Play Mode and Digital Filter settings that affect sound...do changing them affect what you here on the fly, or do you have to stop-start the music or reset the DX 120 for your changes to take effect? The reason I ask is because I can't hear any difference if I change them while listening to a song.

12. ericf
    @tokyodan The differences between them are very small but you can hear them. You have to read some of the reviews to find out more about it since at least two reviews here on head-fi.org do discuss those.

I have to report on my previous problem about the battery of my DX120. I contacted iBasso and then contacted the shop I bought it at and managed to send it back and they opted to replace it for me because the battery was apparently faulty.
    I have now used it as much as two battery charges.
    I was able to play just under 7 hours with the first, faulty player.
    I have now been able to play FLACs up to 14-15 hours per charge.
    A real improvement and maybe that means they've actually changed the original battery to a new one? I haven't seen reviews that mention such a long play time.
    Thank you, iBasso!

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  13. Victorfabius
    That's the battery life I would expect. Out of curiosity, what's your typical volume level on the DX120, and is that SE or balanced?

14. ericf
    @Victorfabius My general volume, SE, is between 40 and 45 since I'm using my AKG N40 iems. It would probably be a little higher for the Hifiman He400i but I haven't used that very much as I've listened to music and audiobooks while walking around the neighborhood.

15. Victorfabius
    Thanks. I'm on a lower volume SE, so it looks like I've got a similar battery drain issue with this second hand unit. I hadn't noticed until recently. Ah well. Maybe it'll get stuck as a car-only dap, which is a shame as it's a pretty good player, and it won't shine in my car. Reinstalled firmware, but I doubt that'll work, as it still says I'm on 2.4.56.

First

Back
85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105
Next

Last