1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.2.42 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
Next

Last
  1. magicalmouse
    You can use the tool for single ended burn-in but i understand the balanced output is (partly?) a seperate circuit and therefore needs seperate burn-in with a balanced pair of headphones

d

2. Paul - iBasso
    You can use the burn-in cable we have included. It is a 2.5mm balanced burn-in cable. This will burn in the single ended side of the circuit and the balanced all at the same time. Use a normal listening volume and if you want to use it, you can when not listening to music. Normal burn in time is anywhere from 100 to 200 hours with most accomplished by 100 hours. I hope this helps.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
    ValSilva likes this.
  3. Sylean
    Hi Paul,

Is it possible to seethe total run time ?

4. Paul - iBasso
    The time that has been played is on the left and the total time for the song is on the right. The track number is in the middle between them. It is right under the bar that moves as the song plays.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  5. Sylean
    Thanks Paul.

I was referiref to the dap total runtime ^^

6. tokyodan
    That is weird because that tool only plugs into the balanced input of the DX120:
    P_20190403_062059_1_p.jpg

7. JuanLuis91
    So, now how compared with the zx300??

8. expatriot
    Very disappointed the DX120 does not have replay gain. I was just about to order one, but will do some more shopping now.

9. Carlsan
    Personally, I think my ZX300 does sound better than my DX120, with most earphones anyway. The difference between the two is not night and day, and I am often completely happy with the DX120.

Sometimes the Sony doesn't decode the cue correctly and plays the album as one long song. Never have that problem with the DX120. Also the noise level on the iBasso is higher, especially with really sensitive earphones. My Khan's just do not sound good because of the noise on the DX120, but they sound fine with the Sony's.

The big difference for me is the storage and portability. The DX120 just holds so much more. Also the DX120 handles high end cue files better, imho.

JuanLuis91 likes this.
  10. JuanLuis91
    With the it04 you dont have a noise problems?

11. jamato8 Contributor
    For me, there are no noise issues with the IT04 and the DX120. You can also use low gain.

JuanLuis91 likes this.
  12. Carlsan
    Haven 't used the It04 in some time, but no, don't remember any noise.

Really, the biggest offender is the Noble Khan. Not a good match.

JuanLuis91 likes this.
  13. tunganh46
    Im still burning in my dx120, but with more thickness its really match zx300’s smooth midrange. Dx120 is more like reference sound while zx300 is more rounded, personally i still like zx300 more due to its comfortable sound.

JuanLuis91 likes this.
  14. crabdog
    No doubt the ZX300 is an incredible DAP, especially its balanced output but it's also double the price. I tried to get some time with the DX220 at CanJam but they only had 1 demo unit and I did not have the patience to stand around waiting!

tunganh46 likes this.
  15. tunganh46
    I can clearly hear the hiss with it04 from balanced port (smaller when set to low gain)

First

Back
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
Next

Last