iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #1,636 of 2,799

Quote:
Well....looks like we finally got the answer to our questions. On paper it looks pretty good and the price is up there but not outrageous if it actually delivers all that and a bag of chips sound wise.

Congrats estreeter and kiteki you both nailed the pricing

YES !!!!! In your face, everyone else !!!!!!

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #1,638 of 2,799
Back to reality - assuming that first batch isnt already gone (and I suspect that it is), I'm going to pass. I still want to see those reviews on battery life and UI ....

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #1,640 of 2,799
Let's see...what do they say where I come from? Oh yeah...

inb4 ****storm (although admittedly, it's a bit late). Damn, this is a tough decision! I want it, but I'll wait until the first opinions come in.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #1,641 of 2,799

Quote:
Let's see...what do they say where I come from? Oh yeah...

inb4 ****storm (although admittedly, it's a bit late). Damn, this is a tough decision! I want it, but I'll wait until the first opinions come in.

For 829 bones I don't blame you. For that price this new DAP better make a night and day difference and have a completely pristine UI interface. The 7 hr battery life in my opinion is already one strike against it. Of coarse if the sound is killer its understandable if it isn't it's strike one right off the bat for the DX100

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #1,642 of 2,799
This is my first post here and I would like to say that I've just ordered one 
etysmile.gif

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #1,644 of 2,799
Just ordered mine!  Wonder how fast the 40 they have up as "review samples" will go.  it's huge, but looks sexy and has all the right features, plus the wav/alac/flac simultaneous capability makes it really nice.

Even if it's bigger than an iphone, it's a lot smaller than an iPhone, CLAS, DAC, and amp + all the associated cables.  The fact that it's all integrated, plus the ESS9018 DAC (which may be a pretty solid source for my Beta22 as well) means not having to worry about cables as much, just 1 item in your pocket that does it all.  Wonder what apps and other stuff that it has...perhaps full android apps & all that?

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #1,646 of 2,799

Quote:
Just ordered mine!  Wonder how fast the 40 they have up as "review samples" will go.  it's huge, but looks sexy and has all the right features, plus the wav/alac/flac simultaneous capability makes it really nice.

Just ordered mine as well. I'll do a right up on it and see how it does. If its really good then my Hifiman 601 is definitely going on sale. Doubt the Studio V will go though :wink:.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #1,647 of 2,799

Quote:

Quote:
This is my first post here and I would like to say that I've just ordered one 
etysmile.gif

Yes I'm jealous......congrats on your new purchase you two. Hope it's everything you hope for.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #1,648 of 2,799
$829... pretty close to the 1k mark that I was talking about a month ago.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #1,649 of 2,799

Quote:
$829... pretty close to the 1k mark that I was talking about a month ago.

So what do you think ClieOS, if this thing actually sounds great will it make waves at that price point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back