iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 19, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #1,666 of 2,799
7 Hours of battery, Ibasso u shot your face, you shot your face...I will pass.
7 HOURS What, are they kidding me!!!!

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #1,668 of 2,799
The combination of size, price and battery life took this DAP off my short list. I'll get a Cowon D3 or a Sony Z series. I don't need the Sabre DAC, I don't need the huge amp and I sure as hell don't need their massive power usage.

Maybe in 6 months Ibasso will come out with a DX50 geared towards IEM users... 

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #1,669 of 2,799
I don't need a crappy DAP that runs for days and days.  I need something that is the absolute best, even if it only lasted an hour.  I don't listen to music 24-7 on the go.  If I wanted to, that's what my iPhone is for.  For something that's purported to have reference quality sound, with a desktop DAC chip in it, compromises for size, battery life, and price have to be made.  

The size is trivial considering that it's likely able to replace a 4-stack of electronics.

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #1,671 of 2,799

Quote:
The combination of size, price and battery life took this DAP off my short list. I'll get a Cowon D3 or a Sony Z series. I don't need the Sabre DAC, I don't need the huge amp and I sure as hell don't need their massive power usage.

Maybe in 6 months Ibasso will come out with a DX50 geared towards IEM users... 

Now you're talking, a great sounding DAP geared for IEM's that would so rule.

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #1,672 of 2,799
My iPhone 4S lasts me 4 with my clas....

Trying to measure how thick my iPhone + CLAS + DB2 + O2 is, not to mention the clas cable, Coax to coax, and Mini-mini. 

I don't know why iBasso should come out with a "DX50" with lesser quality material. They'd just be releasing a device like a Cowon that won't really bring in much profit. You don't need Coax and RCA output and high quality DACs and amps for IEMs. Bringing a DX50 into the market would probably cost iBasso more than potential sales.

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #1,673 of 2,799
On another note, I've specifically avoided Android anything since I have Apple everything and always have had Apple everything, as far as phones and laptops go.

So...with a generic Android device like this, how, in short, does it interface with, say, a mac laptop.  What is the main way people put files on it and install apps on it?  

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #1,674 of 2,799
I won't be able to move around with a DAP of that size. If I could find a place to sit down, maybe a 11inch Macbook Air with a good USB DAC/AMP will serve me better.

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #1,675 of 2,799

Quote:
On another note, I've specifically avoided Android anything since I have Apple everything and always have had Apple everything, as far as phones and laptops go.

So...with a generic Android device like this, how, in short, does it interface with, say, a mac laptop.  What is the main way people put files on it and install apps on it?  

It is just like an external drive whereby you drag and drop files from your mac into the device.

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #1,677 of 2,799
699 , i might have ordered ( and reviewed it ) . was asleep when it got sold out.

829 and 7hr battery, ........Sorry.

but yeah with 2000mah/8.4V, you cant get more than 7hr battery life, for this monster. i just hope they are not kidding when they say 4hr charge, even a minute more is too much. the 5+ hr charge time for the hm602 is what prompted me to sell it off.

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #1,678 of 2,799
Since everyone else is emptying their souls out on the thread I might as well contribute my own tears. The original plan for 2012 before I heard about the DX100 was to grab a Leckerton UHA-4 Slimline amp/DAC. Now that the specs and price point for the DX100 have been released I see no reason to abandon that original plan. I'll soon be investing in a Fiio LOD and a Leckerton and hopefully I won't be disappointed. I've read enough positive feedback involving the UHA-4 Slimline and the OPA627 op amp it uses. I shall soon see if it's all that and a bag of chips. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the UHA-4 Slimline slams me into audio nirvana when I first fire it.

See all my fellow audio nut brothers and sisters on the flip side and may your IEM's always seal like a dream. It's been fun but this DigitalFreak is outta this thread. As the Italians say:

Ciao Bella

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #1,679 of 2,799

Quote:
Now you're talking, a great sounding DAP geared for IEM's that would so rule.

Ibasso seems to agree:

Here's what I wrote to them this morning (It's 9 am here and my boss thinks I'm working):

And just one more thing for your consideration - my perfect DAP (The DX50) would basically be the D7 with Android on top, headphone output optimised for IEMs and line out to use with a more powerful amp when needed. No digital output, 32gb onboard flash and a slot for MicroSD. If you could sell that for $499 with a real-world battery life around the 10 hour mark, I would buy it in a heartbeat.  
Happy new year! I hope The Year Of The Dragon will bring many new products from Ibasso!

/Soren

Hi,again,
Your suggestions are appreciated.
We will close operation for holiday after today. But we will seriouly think about the DX50 after we back.
I also wish you a happy Dragon year.

Best Regards,
cleardot.gif

iBasso Audio

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #1,680 of 2,799

Quote:

Congrats estreeter and kiteki you both nailed the pricing

Thanks =) I only nailed it for the first 40 units though...

Quote:
well it's crossed of my list, 829 retail with 7 hours quoted battery life... prob less in reality... i rather get the studio V at half the price

Not sure about that if you want to follow this discussion - http://www.head-fi.org/t/447479/teclast-t51/1140#post_8067560

Quote:
I dislike the form factor and the battery life.

Pass.

Quote:

Waiting to hear impression on this nonetheless.

Haha.

Quote:
For what I have heard, 32bit DAC is pretty buggy on its own so implementation will be everything. Plus, I don't really see the need of 32bit DAC at all.

Because the ES9018 and AK4399 are hailed as "the worlds best DAC chips", at least according to their specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back