iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 14, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #12,226 of 13,503
It doesn't look like were going to get another firmware update, not having one since April isn't a good sign in all honesty.

I have just emailed Ibasso about it...I'm asking/hoping they might update the OS to version 2.3.3, as I would like to get an app on it and this is the minimum OS requirement!

I'll report back what I hear from them

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #12,227 of 13,503
It doesn't look like were going to get another firmware update, not having one since April isn't a good sign in all honesty.

I have just emailed Ibasso about it...I'm asking/hoping they might update the OS to version 2.3.3, as I would like to get an app on it and this is the minimum OS requirement!

I'll report back what I hear from them

Most likely not going to happen. "Updating" an Android device is the same effort as developing a completely new system.

Nov 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #12,228 of 13,503
hi everyone, a not-so-new dx100 owner here, but i got some problem that i can't understand here..

when i'm using ibasso, usually the battery level drops so fast.. and when it's in low batt, it automatically turns off.
but when i turn it on again, the battery level is back again, just drop a few percent from the last it turns on..

for example
-turning on
shows 80%
used for music, drop dramatically
shows 2%, shuts down
-turning it on again
shows 70%

anyone got some solutions?
i'm already ordered some battery replacement from ibasso, just in case..

Nov 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #12,229 of 13,503
hi everyone, a not-so-new dx100 owner here, but i got some problem that i can't understand here..

when i'm using ibasso, usually the battery level drops so fast.. and when it's in low batt, it automatically turns off.
but when i turn it on again, the battery level is back again, just drop a few percent from the last it turns on..

for example

-turning on
shows 80%
used for music, drop dramatically
shows 2%, shuts down
-turning it on again
shows 70%

anyone got some solutions?

i'm already ordered some battery replacement from ibasso, just in case..

Did you ask ibasso about it when you ordered the battery? It really does sound like a battery issue, hope that solves it for you!

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #12,232 of 13,503
yeah, i'm waiting for the shipment for the battery now..

and yet another problem occurs.

while the music is playing, sometimes the player would turn off itself and can't be turn on again when i press the power button,
but when i plug it in to its power adapter, it'll turn on.. and play music like usual again.
the battery isn't even on yellow/red (below 50%)

looks like the battery problem is severe in this one 
biggrin.gif

oh well, what can i expect on a secondhand product?
  I definitely interested in hearing how easy it is to do a battery swap.  My battery life is down to barely 5 hours with very minimal screen use.  I would love to get longer battery life again.

i think ibasso already give out a guide about replacing the battery? i got the pdf at this thread, maybe you should check it up :)

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #12,233 of 13,503

while the music is playing, sometimes the player would turn off itself and can't be turn on again when i press the power button,
but when i plug it in to its power adapter, it'll turn on.. and play music like usual again.

biggrin.gif

i think ibasso already give out a guide about replacing the battery? i got the pdf at this thread, maybe you should check it up :)

It's not too hard to swap the batteries but you do wanna be careful when you open up the DX100 (that is if you still want to keep it in it's current condition and not scratch/dent it more).

Also be patient with the battery delivery. Mine took a little over a month 'cos China post initially rejected the delivery and posted it back to iBasso. On 2nd round it was over holidays and it took some time (which I thought China post boomeranged it back to iBasso again; in which they sent another battery). I then received 2xbatteries within a day of each other.

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #12,234 of 13,503
I think my battery is going bad too. I might as well get a lager one if anyone know anything thing that will fit and met the requirement.
Also, maybe some mod since I have to open the case anyway~~~

Any suggestions?

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #12,235 of 13,503
Nov 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #12,237 of 13,503
  Is there any soldering involved?  If it's more then disconnect the old battery and reconnect the new one I'll be hesitant to try it myself.

No soldering.  Get the case open without damage (undo screws and pry open), relocate the WIFI antenna, disconnect molex type connector, peel the battery off the back case and replace with new battery and reverse process.

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #12,240 of 13,503

biggrin.gif

Sounds more like a bad connection or intermittent/partial short to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back