iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 21, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #10,051 of 13,503
Hi Guys, I'm selling my Dx100.

Its been quite a joy to own this device for the last few months. I need some fast cash to pay bills and I need to let go my dx100.
I wasn't able to post an add on the For Sale section, that's why I'm posting here.
Please PM me if interested.

I bought it directly from iBasso on 09/12 and the Hibinno silicon case from Amazon Japan, a friend sent it to my place in LA.
Its in pretty good condition, I'm very careful with all my gear. It looks like new a except for minor scratches on the original screen protector which I never took off.
I have the box, cables and the iBasso guarantee card dated on 09/12.

Willing to ship anywhere or arrange a pick up if you are in LA.

Here are some pics.

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #10,052 of 13,503
dumb question.
can the volume be adjusted on the output from coax . when i connect to my jh3a amp it is to loud even at lowest point.

thank you

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #10,056 of 13,503
[size=10pt]Free download of a nice 24-bit 192kHz .wav song: Trace of Grace. It's an acoustic, sort of new-age track. [/size]

[size=10pt]It's interesting because the creators recorded and mixed it in the analog domain. This, plus its high resolution .wav format makes it the most analog-sounding music I've heard on my DX100. It also plays at the highest bit rate I've seen: 9,216 kbps! This is my new go-to track when demonstrating to other people how well my DX100 and LCD2 sound. [/size]

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #10,057 of 13,503
Great link:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Quote: Originally Posted by walteroly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[size=10pt]Free download of a nice 24-bit 192kHz .wav song: Trace of Grace. It's an acoustic, sort of new-age track. [/size]

[size=10pt]It's interesting because the creators recorded and mixed it in the analog domain. This, plus its high resolution .wav format makes it the most analog-sounding music I've heard on my DX100. It also plays at the highest bit rate I've seen: 9,216 kbps! This is my new go-to track when demonstrating to other people how well my DX100 and LCD2 sound."[/size]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will take analog quality recordings any day. And then there are those done with quality tube equipment, warming me even more. :^)

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #10,058 of 13,503
Can the ibasso drive the beyer T1 pretty well?

Yup.

I've always liked the soundstage on the DX - something the T1's do very well. The DX has enough grunt to make the Beyers sound good ... well, actually I think I'd rather say the Beyers bring out the best of the DX's amp. I prefer the T1s to my lower impedance full size cans with the DX100.

In terms of lush, holographic wash of sound the DX cannot compete with a good desktop tube amp. Nor does it have the dynamic authority of a vintage receiver. However I can't take either of those out to the garden, or on holiday (though truthfully the T1 rarely makes it outside and never gets a holiday).

But as a portable player goes - I'd say it does an excellent job with the T1's which in my experience show a mediocre/non-compatible amp for what it is fairly quickly.

I will take analog quality recordings any day. And then there are those done with quality tube equipment, warming me even more. :^)

It's all about thermal regulation these days isn't it. :D

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #10,059 of 13,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW

dumb question.
can the volume be adjusted on the output from coax . when i connect to my jh3a amp it is to loud even at lowest point.

thank you
That is an issue with the JH3a... the lowest volume level is loud. :/

Yes I have herd of the problem , but I use the amp a lot and only yesterday
There was a problem. Only with the ex output
If u use the output from my CPU its fine Also other coax outputs it's fine.
I be leave the output on the HDP r 10 is just to loud
Thanks for the reply

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #10,060 of 13,503
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW

dumb question.

thank you
That is an issue with the JH3a... the lowest volume level is loud. :/

Yes I have herd of the problem , but I use the amp a lot and only yesterday
There was a problem. Only with the ex output
If u use the output from my CPU its fine Also other coax outputs it's fine.
I be leave the output on the HDP r 10 is just to loud
Thanks for the reply

Enable EQ, drop all bands 4-5 dB - That should lower your volume a nudge 
beerchug.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #10,061 of 13,503
New firmware is available now. Right here.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #10,063 of 13,503
Quote:
Nice!

Have you put her on yet? Do they post release notes anywhere?

I have downloaded it but uploaded it to the DX yet. I asked about the changes.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #10,065 of 13,503
Quote:
Mine's putzing along and saying more than hour to go
mad.gif

Mine's slow but not that slow...12 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back