iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #10,027 of 13,503
Quote:
Well shigzeo to be honest I don't think that will ever be in issue since as you said the volume steps are so small lol. I just don't see that happening ever. I own the RWA AK100 but I'm still on the fence whether or not I'm going to keep it lol.... There may be just too many compromises with this unit for its price range. Plus the sound doesn't really wow me unless it is at very low volume or quite high volumes (which isn't good for my hearing....). Plus iRiver is giving a bunch of conflicting stories from customer support, its sickening. Such as now they won't add gapeless playback, won't offer a fix for the 22 ohms output impedance (which they said they would) and won't support m3u format and make playlist actually a feasible option on this unit. Really dumb all around lol. I kinda wish ibasso would release a DX50 specifically oriented for Sensitive IEMs and even harder to drive IEMs....

Thanks for the mini review. 

If iBasso bring out an IEM DX system, all it needs is lower output power. Its output is already as good as it gets for IEMs with no deficiencies anywhere. Size and better battery life would be sweet. Oh yes, and get rid of the ridiculous touch screen. Only a few companies know how to make touch screen devices and none of them are audio companies.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #10,028 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks for the mini review. 

If iBasso bring out an IEM DX system, all it needs is lower output power. Its output is already as good as it gets for IEMs with no deficiencies anywhere. Size and better battery life would be sweet. Oh yes, and get rid of the ridiculous touch screen. Only a few companies know how to make touch screen devices and none of them are audio companies.

Plus they just need to add my favorite Op Amp to it to make it perfect :wink:.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #10,029 of 13,503
Quote:
Plus they just need to add my favorite Op Amp to it to make it perfect :wink:.

I forgot that part. The T1 has been getting more and more time in my setup. I'll post a few updates to my review early next week as I'm wrapping up my review of the Triad L3.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #10,030 of 13,503
Quote:
I forgot that part. The T1 has been getting more and more time in my setup. I'll post a few updates to my review early next week as I'm wrapping up my review of the Triad L3.

That's another monster :wink:. Especially when properly powered by a dedicated PSU. Batteries really don't do this amp justice...

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #10,031 of 13,503
I have been using the DX100, Intruder and my balanced Ultrasone Ed. 9 today and I have to say that the openness and out of head sound is excellent with this combination. This is some of the best I have heard from the Ed. 9.

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #10,032 of 13,503
Quote:
Wasn't there some big upcoming announcement, possibly about a new DAP, from iBasso? Ahem ..... I'm looking at you Turock.
cool.gif

popcorn.gif
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back