iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #9,901 of 13,503
Thanks Lee...did you manually create a playlist for each album or is there an automated method? Why do you feel the playlists work better? I haven't had any problems so far with browsing by artist, etc, but I've only had my DX100 for a few weeks.

Also please see post 9898 for more questions. Thanks!

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #9,902 of 13,503
I guess it is all a matter of taste, I have all my music organized in folders, I've been doing it like this for years, and I intend to keep doing it this way. I don't mind the tags, I know where everythig is.
biggrin.gif

Small question, which program do you recomend to convert flac files to mp3 or ogg? My library needs to loose some weight!

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #9,904 of 13,503
Quote:

you can put the adapter INSIDE the dx100, behind the battery but the wire is still showing and i hope it wont fry your adapter haha

If you plan to use an amp you can tape the adapter to the back of DX-100 (I used heavy duty clear packing tape), then use heavy duty velcro to hold the amp to the DX-100.  Put a piece of velcro on each side of the adapter on the back of the DX-100.  The heavy duty velcro holds the amp to the DX-100 very well (mine has never come loose and has held it on for months of daily use).  It also provides enough clearance to protect the SDXC card.  Once it's done all you see is the flat cable coming out of the DX-100 (mount it so it's flat against the DX-100, not hanging loose).

Look at my avatar pictures to see the final result.

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #9,905 of 13,503
Quote:
I guess it is all a matter of taste, I have all my music organized in folders, I've been doing it like this for years, and I intend to keep doing it this way. I don't mind the tags, I know where everythig is.
biggrin.gif

Small question, which program do you recomend to convert flac files to mp3 or ogg? My library needs to loose some weight!

I use dbPoweramp on Windows, it works very well and it's highly configurable.  You can even configure it to add ReplayGain tags.

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #9,906 of 13,503
Dumb question.... i have a hdp r10 ibasso japan version, it does not have google play app in it . when i try to download apps it does not show me my ibasso just my phone. im sure its something im missing i have read my EYE,S hurt help please.
on my phone i have the app and credit card info attached but in this device there is no google play store app. so how do i put one in it.

thanks.

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #9,907 of 13,503
Quote:
Dumb question.... i have a hdp r10 ibasso japan version, it does not have google play app in it . when i try to download apps it does not show me my ibasso just my phone. im sure its something im missing i have read my EYE,S hurt help please.
on my phone i have the app and credit card info attached but in this device there is no google play store app. so how do i put one in it.

thanks.

That was done on purpose. There was something about HDP-R10 customers downloading Google Apps and it impacted the default player. It was explicitly removed to prevent anyone downloading Google apps or alternative players.

More info here. You'll have to use google translate :-

http://www.hibino-intersound.co.jp/ibasso_audio/3348.html

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #9,908 of 13,503
i did read that when i did update , but i did not really think about what it really meant.

oh well so no goole play for me then . do you know of a forum for the unite.
and once again in my quest for the BEST  i did bother to read more into it. there is not much on it when i searched.
well i will say this it sounds great with the stock player ,play 24/192 directly but im not sure if it down samples or not.
it sounds very good with all my stuff.
fit ear 334, but they seem to drive well with an iphone directly. the heir 4ai,s as well . but the JH 16 not so but with this unit there good.
i wonder what it will allow to add on if anything.
it even drives the hd 800 well for a portible device .

thanks for the answer

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #9,909 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks Lee...did you manually create a playlist for each album or is there an automated method? Why do you feel the playlists work better? I haven't had any problems so far with browsing by artist, etc, but I've only had my DX100 for a few weeks.
Also please see post 9898 for more questions. Thanks!

I manually created those playlists on Media Monkey. I created playlists for separate albums or even a  bunch of tracks mixed together for certain styles of music and they are all organized in the order I put them into those playlists. It is still faster to access the music via playlists than any other option on the DX100. While in comparison on the other methods of access you'll notice the DX100 lags. I also made sure to store those playlists on my secondary drive for archival purposes (same with music) so I never have to make them again :wink:.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #9,910 of 13,503
people i have a little question here
i have some album, that i can listen to slight sibilance on my dx100 -> w4 combo
it only appears on a few track, particularly Christina Aguilera's high note..
what should i do to reduce the sibilance?

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #9,911 of 13,503
Quote:
people i have a little question here
i have some album, that i can listen to slight sibilance on my dx100 -> w4 combo
it only appears on a few track, particularly Christina Aguilera's high note..
what should i do to reduce the sibilance?

Could be just due to her vocals. Her voice is quite shouty lol. You could try use FLAT EQ. Or EQ down and see if that helps. Or get different IEMs :wink:. If its only a problem on her album its mostly due to the recording itself. I'm surprised though that you are getting sibilance with the W4. They are generally categorized and mellow and quite boring :wink:.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #9,912 of 13,503
haha for now im just got the sibilance from her album, i dont use EQ at all, keep it off all time. :D
I couldnt say W4 is boring haha, I love it but not on the first day or the first week or the first month i got it LoL
not sure, but may be I already used to its boring sound, who know :p
but W4 is still the winner for me, compared to sm3v2, phonak 232 or shurer 535

im moving forward to a better IEM, but not too soon.. Heir is not that famous in my country yet (25% discount is over soon =/), so i might give a chance to fitear 334, or JH16

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #9,914 of 13,503
This is nice and pocket friendly

http://www.picstop.co.uk/powertraveller-power-monkey-classic-charger#.UO4RsoZn2kw

Will it work with the DX100 tho ? And give any sort of worthwhile added time when my
battery drains ?

id love some nice small and portable power supply for my DX100 ,but i wont go on
about my only real still active complaint on DX100 (Battery lol) .

Thanks

Jan 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #9,915 of 13,503
Quote:
Nice

thanks

Still Rozeqloud I am preferring my Studio V 3rd ANV to the iRiver and DX100 when paired with my new 1Plus2s. The pairing is the best I've heard yet. Hard to believe it to be honest. I was always struggling to find a better pairing for the Studio V and I've finally found it. Hoping the 8As will also pair well. At this time I'm not so sure about the iRiver. It is getting better but how much better will it get from burn in? I'm debating on selling it and just keeping the Studio V 3rd ANV. That is where I am at at this time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back