iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #9,871 of 13,503
Quote:
I don't get it though because my Studio V 3rd ANV is what you are saying. The bass has lots of punch. Very well controlled. Did you burn you unit in BTW? I'd say run it in for 250 hours and see where that take you. The Studio V for me is very cold and detailed. At least it is that way with all the IEMs I've thrown at it. I felt the same even about the older model although the bass was even leaner on that model. Generally speaking devices that I've used with Wolfson DACs had more bass emphasis, even a bit more lose if you will. The Sflo2 was an exception to that though.

I haven't quite used the Studio V for 250 hours. I'm a bit sceptical of the whole burn in thing, however, and I don't really expect the sound to change with longer use. I will keep the Hisound. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I wouldv'e wanted something which perfectly fitted my taste for a $500 spend. I don't want to make a more significant mistake with the DX100. I guess you were accurate when you said that I like a "rolled-off" bass sound. I feel that when sound reaches down below 40-50 Hz, it makes things a bit "dark" sounding, which I don't like.

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #9,872 of 13,503
Quote:
I haven't quite used the Studio V for 250 hours. I'm a bit sceptical of the whole burn in thing, however, and I don't really expect the sound to change with longer use. I will keep the Hisound. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I wouldv'e wanted something which perfectly fitted my taste for a $500 spend. I don't want to make a more significant mistake with the DX100. I guess you were accurate when you said that I like a "rolled-off" bass sound. I feel that when sound reaches down below 40-50 Hz, it makes things a bit "dark" sounding, which I don't like.

Hmm. Well if the Studio V had any less bass IMO it would be way too bright. Its already approaching that for me as is. Any brighter would be a no go. Sounds like you are a treble-head. Nothing wrong with that just I can only take so much for so long lol. The DX100 definitely has more bass emphasis yet it is considered a "reference DAP" and it indeed is. H20 had mentioned the C4+ I think suffers from rolled off bass which gives it hyper detail in the treble and mids? That may be to your liking if anything. Maybe you'd give that DAP a whirl?

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #9,873 of 13,503
Quote:
Hmm. Well if the Studio V had any less bass IMO it would be way too bright. Its already approaching that for me as is. Any brighter would be a no go. Sounds like you are a treble-head. Nothing wrong with that just I can only take so much for so long lol. The DX100 definitely has more bass emphasis yet it is considered a "reference DAP" and it indeed is. H20 had mentioned the C4+ I think suffers from rolled off bass which gives it hyper detail in the treble and mids? That may be to your liking if anything. Maybe you'd give that DAP a whirl?

I've gotta leave work now....tbc

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #9,875 of 13,503

The C4 is much warmer sounding than the DX100, almost tube-like in its presentation.

Maybe changing headphones would be more appropriate?

Agreed. Go grab som Ety's and Beyers :)

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #9,877 of 13,503
looking for some help.

i just received my HDP R10
i cannot do anything with it. it looks fine but its mostly Japanese and some English. is there anyone here that can explain how to convert to English , even the manual is in Japanese with English sub titles. help please.

thanks

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #9,878 of 13,503
Quote:
looking for some help.

i just received my HDP R10
i cannot do anything with it. it looks fine but its mostly Japanese and some English. is there anyone here that can explain how to convert to English , even the manual is in Japanese with English sub titles. help please.

thanks

Well, you did get the Japanese version. I guess in the Settings, you brush the screen to the right and it is in the upper left, there should be a language setting.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #9,879 of 13,503
thanks yes i did now lol  . im trying not going so well though.
there is 4 choices there
top left globe,blue button,square picture, last what looks like a mushroom.
bottom left hd player.

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #9,880 of 13,503
Quote:
thanks yes i did now lol  . im trying not going so well though.
there is 4 choices there
top left globe,blue button,square picture, last what looks like a mushroom.
bottom left hd player.

A button with a ^ in it is the settings.

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #9,881 of 13,503
ty itrs getting better now, it is more than one setting to change language .
wow alaska

thank you and i know im crazy for buying it. im sure it torcher me, but i will post results.

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #9,882 of 13,503
thanks  you just made a friend in nyc, ny. let me know if you ever need something from here.

thanks again.

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #9,883 of 13,503
Quote:
Ahh too bad you didn't look into the 1Plus2s :wink:. So much better than the AKG3003s :p. Still I have to admit if I hadn't heard the 1Plus2s I'd have opted for the 3003s still. Well actually I might have just skipped them and gone for the 8As although I'm still doing that now :). The only reason I've opted for the RWA AK100 is because Vinnie modded it to fix the 22 ohm output impedance issue so it works fine with Sensitive IEMs and as an end result is more detailed and open sounding than the AK100. So its a win win. Plus the portability, dual micro SD slots, decent UI, the works :). I'll post some impressions when I get it though.

So about them dual slots

Whats the max size card in each ?

i read a review saying with two slots you can expand up to  96 gigs

Thats only 48 gig per slot , is this correct ?

Cheers

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #9,885 of 13,503
Quote:

If you want a cold analytical sound i recommend the Cowon J3, to some it may sound neutral but not to me. I find it cold and little bit thin. It's a really good sounding dap, and i found it more versatile than my studio 3rd. and you can tweak the sound signature to your liking. some find the Cowon J3 warm, some find it cold and a bit neutral but i think it depends on your cans and your ears.
The Cowon j3 and studio 3rd was my first 2 Dap. I like the studio more because of its driving power. but i think the cowon has a more refined sound and more versatile with alot of headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back